Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Lovin' my new bumper!!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 03:39 PM
newblder
Senior User
newblder is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lovin' my new bumper!!!!

I just put a bumper on my truck about a month ago. When I bought it there was only a front bumper but no rear. I debated with my self about putting a rear bumper on there or not. Well, I'm glad I did. I got rearended yesterday morning and nothing on the truck was hurt. The guy that hit me might need some new headlights and stuff but the yellow beast sustained no damage!!! I hope this story helps someone who might be trying to decide what they want/need to do their truck in this area.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:31 PM
bobj49f2
Post Fiend
bobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant future
I built the rear bumper on my '49 F-2 and install it before I ever took the truck on the road. I made it as wide as the outer dimension of the rear fenders to protect them. One day, about two weeks after I first had it on the road, I took it to the local farm supply store. When I came out I noticed a young boy milling around the truck but didn't think much about it because old trucks tend to attract attention. As I got closer the boy's mother came around the side of the truck and asked if it was mine because she just hit it. I almost lost it but kept my cool and told the woman I only had it on the road for a couple of weeks. I walked around the driver's side of the truck expecting the worse but didn't see anything. The woman pointed to the corner of the bumper and told me she hit it "there". I had to bend over to find the couple of scratches. When I turned around and looked at her truck, which was only a year or so old, I saw her fiberglass flaring, with mult-color striping, was mangled from the front wheel to the back. The woman was all upset and gave me her contact and insurance information promising me she'll pay for any damages. She left, I went back into the store, bought a can of paint and went home. I never did contact her because I figured once she got home she'd pay for it once her husband saw the damage to her truck. It wasn't worth my time to follow through. The bumper worked just a planned.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:21 PM
merc546
Posting Guru
merc546 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 56 sets so low bumpers are nothing but decorations so I don't have any. Both the 56 F100 and my 2003 F150 are lowered so I don't park close to parking lot curbs. I did find out when you back up in a gas station ( with the newer pickup ) with out looking for poles you can bend the step bumper ( just imagine what would have bent on the 56 ) and get to spend over $300.00 to fix it and that was with my Ford discount.

Seems like I just contradicted myself, maybe bumpers aren't just decorations on a lowered vehicle. Still like the 56 with no bumpers.

Chuck

Old 06-27-2008, 09:28 PM
53lakeside
Senior User
53lakeside is starting off with a positive reputation.
O man
Just today I installed the front bumper. We were at the western nationals and my bride said "hey you should get a proper 53 bumper"
' well no need to say any more.It looks great, I have bronco bumpers from the po,so one down and one to go
Mark

Old 06-28-2008, 06:38 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Post Fiend
GreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to behold
I've said it before and I'll say it again...my truck would not leave my driveway without front and rear bumpers!

Old 06-28-2008, 07:22 AM
52'F-3
Elder User
52'F-3 has a very good reputation on FTE.52'F-3 has a very good reputation on FTE.52'F-3 has a very good reputation on FTE.
what kind of rear bumpers came with flatbeds?

i'm wanting to have a 2" ball reciever also.................
i'm very far from this stage of my buildup, but this thread just got me thinking

Old 06-28-2008, 08:30 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
Nothing I'd like better than for someone to hit my bed and tailgate! Hit me, hit me!! I want a brand new one!

Old 07-01-2008, 09:21 AM
Scott123
Elder User
Scott123 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1 View Post
Nothing I'd like better than for someone to hit my bed and tailgate! Hit me, hit me!! I want a brand new one!
HA! I have to laugh because 4 years ago an idiot 16 year old plowed his truck through our house. It was repaired back to like new, plus he paid for hardwood floors throughout our first floor. Now were hoping an airplane crashes into the upstairs so we can get the hardwood done up there too

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.