Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

"just a though" ttt FTE Logo (image)

Old 06-27-2008, 02:58 PM
jmadsen
Postmaster
jmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to behold
"just a though" ttt FTE Logo (image)

I played around with these for a few minutes on my lunch. I looked at the FTE store window decal but I'm not a big fan of the huge window stickers. I was thinking of possibly getting something like a 4-6" oval sticker printed up kind of like the attached image shows? would I have any problems with copyright issues?
anyways let me know what you think of these?

I think I like the top two the best, and of course the color scheme could be totally changed, but figured it had to have blue in it, then the lighter green I tried to match the flathead engine color on my block, just ideas.

Josh

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...a-thought.html

Old 06-27-2008, 03:53 PM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
I like the two Lucidia's or the imprint.. My old eyes (brain?!) can't take the fancy fonts that aren't clear..

we want people glancing at these to get the text.. not have to think about what they saw..

if someone searches FTE on google, what do they get? bummber, nothin related, but in the related (at the bottom) its the first thing..

Sam

Attached Images  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Aussie 53
Senior User
Aussie 53 has a very good reputation on FTE.Aussie 53 has a very good reputation on FTE.Aussie 53 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I can't see any copy right issues there. Anyone can have a blue oval because it's a common shape, Ford don't have a trademark on the oval shape, but soon has you start using the Ford logo then you will have a issue, they look kinda neat also. Cheers

Old 06-27-2008, 04:10 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold
I will bet that the Big Kids here at FTE will have issues. Remember this is a Money making site.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:21 PM
jmadsen
Postmaster
jmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to behold
Sam, I agree they would need to be easy to read, especially since they would be fairly small to begin with. The main reason I like the "commercial font" is because its similar to the ford script from the earlier models,
My 45 ford jeep has the F script on every bolt and misc part.

If they (FTE) made them I would buy them.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Lakotas53
Elder User
Lakotas53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I like the Imprint and the Lucidia the best also. Easy to read.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:00 PM
needhelp49
Elder User
needhelp49 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
i like the bottom one

Old 06-27-2008, 07:13 PM
himmelberg
Posting Guru
himmelberg is starting off with a positive reputation.
As brother, Penn Dick, suggests the owners of this site might have an objection... especially if you were to cut into their business. Fellows on the HAMB have made sincere efforts like this and most are firmly rejected.

Art and marketing guys will try to tell you that logo design is sort of sacred territory and that all others need not apply. It seems unfair on the surface, especially since your ideas are so appealing.

Ownership is the key here. What do the owners here have to say about it? Moderators? Morris? How about it.

I say, good luck to you.

helpfully, himmelberg

Old 06-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Fomoko1
Fomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputation
FTE is of course copyrighted so there are issues.
I`ve inquired, waiting for a reply.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:22 PM
restoringmy46
Elder User
restoringmy46 is starting off with a positive reputation.
If your doing it for yourself and not printing anything to sale or make money then I think you shouldn't have a problem. Hey it's your truck you should be able to put what you want on it. I have a buddy who can print decals of anything you want like that, if it's a 4-6" decal or even alittle bigger that would look good on the back glass. I'd put it on there, it would look good.

Scott B.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:30 PM
raerjim
Posting Guru
raerjim is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I would never be unkind here, but I don't care for any of those. No offense Josh. I know you said you were just doodling.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:37 AM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
Ok, so be helpful too.. (YOU just might have the better idea) What floats your boat?

Sam

Old 06-29-2008, 08:25 AM
raerjim
Posting Guru
raerjim is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I don't have an artistic bone in my body, but I know what I like.. My wife is prolly right when she says I should keep my opinions to myself. It was not criticism.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:29 AM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
Sorry, that was my manager type comin out.. no complainin without suggestions, or constructive info..

don't have to be artistic.. like it bolder (more manly!), or different color, or square?

Sam

Old 06-29-2008, 08:47 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
dave boley is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dave boley is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
So that's why...

Originally Posted by himmelberg View Post
Art and marketing guys will try to tell you that logo design is sort of sacred territory and that all others need not apply.
helpfully, himmelberg
And that's the reason some corporate logos really suck.

Have you ever noticed that some of the older logos say it all and the ones that suck are the product of this new sacred teritory cult of idiots? A good example of this is the Ford logo which they actually all but abandoned for a while years ago. Obviously, better minds prevailed and they are sticking with their 100 year old plus logo. Some of the new stuff this cult has produced struggles to describe the entity it represents. So far as I'm concerned, these neuvo-numbskulls are only fooling themselves and thier Madison Avenue cronies. Time will be the ultimate judge. Consider this, it is all but impossible to find even one of these newer logos burned into you mind with that instant recognition factor that is associated with logos like the Ford and Coke logos.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "just a though" ttt FTE Logo (image)

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.