Computer Chips & Tuners  

Edge Products, losing hope

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 11:26 PM
fruth04
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Edge Products, losing hope

We'll I think i have reserved the right to vent.

I have had my Edge evolution on my 5.4 2003 f150 for almost a year, trying to get it to work correctly since day one,

Here is my exact email. from last week. i know they read emails because if you ask them something simple they respond in less then a day.

Well ive owned the EFF2100 for my 03 ford 5.4 F150 for over a year now. and ive been trying to contact you many many times for answers here. my first edge malfunctioned and wouldnt load so i had to wait another 2 weeks to get a different one. My current edge must have a programing glitch, for these reasons A) it keeps freezing with the evolution screen up and i have to unplug it to either make it go off when the truck is off and unplug it to make it go back to normal. B) i have a terrible lag in the accellerator almost like turbo lag. and C) all 3 tunes act exactly the same, i realize its only good for a 15hp gain and its not going to be like nos, but all 3 stages have the lag.

its not just the truck either, i turn the tuner back to stock and i literally can power brake both rear tires (wide procomp 31s)then i turn it on towing tune it wont do it if its life depended on it, it doesnt even feel like they might go.

if you dont believe me i can video tape my attempts at burnouts with my 250dollar tires just to prove a point.

i have lost count how many emails i have sent, i know 3 of them they responded with a simple 'update it, it'll be good' i have updated it more then once even if there wasnt any updates...im getting to the end of my rope with this 450dollar dash ornament

i gave it another try last friday and my truck almost didnt start after lunch. it turned over a bunch of times before firing like it almost starves on gas...

the truck only has 75k on it and the tuner has only been in it for about 5k tops... it only has 500-1000 tuned miles i was so dissatisfied with the take off lag. my stock truck ran a .3sec better 1/4 mile?!

please , help me out in some way.... apparently it locks in VIN #s too? so i cant even sell it and get anything for it...

all that is done to this truck is an airaid intake.

i

Old 06-27-2008, 11:58 AM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I'd look into an SCT tuner. Nice thing about SCT and Diablosport is there are hundreds of dealers all over the US and if you have a problem you can go to them and they will take care of it. www.5startuning.com

The "Lag" is not normal. My SCT reduces lag quite a bit from factory. I'd dump the unit ASAP.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:53 PM
5 Star Tuning
Former Vendor
Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts
Hey dfk hope all is great...thanks for the plug..
It truely is stories like fruth04's that makes me wonder why not just give the customer his money back. Its a simple business plan...treat customers like you want to be treated.......Hang in there fruth04
arrggg...

Old 06-27-2008, 05:31 PM
fruth04
Senior User
finally got a call through to the service department, talked to a nice guy named jerry, told me to send it in for the new circuit board they have out. soo... here we go.... third times a charm right? my first edge didnt turn on, this one didnt work.... maybe we will get her on try number 3...... im one of those customers they hate. haha its not my fault

Old 06-27-2008, 08:54 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hope this is the last time you got to call, good luck.....

Old 07-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Power_Hungry
Former ******
Furth,

Check your PM's and get in touch with me.

Bill

Old 09-28-2008, 10:10 PM
2tonsoffordfun
Freshman User
Originally Posted by fruth04

My current edge must have a programing glitch, for these reasons A) it keeps freezing with the evolution screen up and i have to unplug it to either make it go off when the truck is off and unplug it to make it go back to normal.

its not just the truck either, i turn the tuner back to stock and i literally can power brake both rear tires (wide procomp 31s)then i turn it on towing tune it wont do it if its life depended on it, it doesnt even feel like they might go.

if you dont believe me i can video tape my attempts at burnouts with my 250dollar tires just to prove a point.

i gave it another try last friday and my truck almost didnt start after lunch. it turned over a bunch of times before firing like it almost starves on gas...

i

Ok, I know this is probably going to get disregarded coming from a newbie but im going to take a stab at it because i went through the same thing and I'm now in love with my Evolution.

I have a 99 f-150 4x4 x-cab 5.4 with 3" of lift and 285/75/16 Nitto tires, a flowmaster super 44 dual setup a K&N intake and....an edge programmer.

I went through the same thing with the programmer freezing and having to unplug it all the time etc etc. Then the same deal with hard starting but i figured it was normal because of the advanced timing. Then one day after an hour or so of cleaning the interior of my truck with the dome light on.....i killed the battery. So instead of charging a nasty old motorcraft i went to walmart and got a 3 year replacement evercrap battery. Viola! The edge works perfect now, havent had to unplug it since. It starts fast and smooth too. I reprogrammedto be on the safe side and now i get 18 MPG unloaded and 15mpg towing a mid size car....needless to say im thrilled with the extra power and MPG im getting from programmer because as far as im concerned, 18 MPG out of a lifted truck with 285s is unheard of. So buy a new battery, you'll be glad you did!!

Oh and about your procomp tires- if you payed $250 a peice for procomp 31s.....you got ripped off. My Nitto Terra Grappler 285s were $520 for all four shipped to my door.... www.tires.com

Old 09-29-2008, 06:07 PM
rplatt56
Senior User
LOl I got 295 Nittos for $450.00 mounted and balanced

Old 09-30-2008, 08:03 AM
2tonsoffordfun
Freshman User
nice, moral of the story is dont buy pro comp 265s for 250 a peice lol.

Oh and if you're that guy....buy a new battery.