2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meeting with a FORD Rep. tomorrow, have a question.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:49 PM
SteelHorse08
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meeting with a FORD Rep. tomorrow, have a question.

Yes! Finally getting somewhere here to get my truck looked at and maybe a buy back if unrepairable. For those who dont know check my posts via the search button, anyways those who know about the issue results maybe good as a REP. from Michigan will be at dealer of purchase to show HIM my crooked F-150. Iam thinking it's the frame thats bent , somethings not put on right. Regardless, something aint right, axle is off by 1/2 inch and which makes the left rear tire sticks out 1/2 inch wider out on passenger side then on driver side rear tire/ wheel., The tire on driver rear is leaning "inward" and the tire on the right rear pass. side is leaning outward"! Also beds finally put on straight, but is still off 1 1/2 on right side (gaps from rear bumper to bed). What do you think outcome will be? Iam finally getting somewhere here it's been at the dealer for this particular matter "9 times" and I had the truck only 6 months now, what's the deal. New truck? Fix? But they already said to me thats its a MASS PRODUCED "vehicle" but it wasn't the Rep. this time it is and Iam sure he'll get heads rolling... I hope! Anyone help on what I can expect, anybody dealt with a rep. for Ford before? Thanks for all help in advance, it's been a horably first "New" truck buy, literatealy a nightmare with this dealership from service to there body shop the Run" around, finally the head CHEESE!

Old 06-19-2008, 07:25 PM
Big-Red-Lariat
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
they couldnt fix a shudder in my 2003---shook on slowdown to every red light & stop sign.
It was too late in the model year to find a replacement, and the Ford rep wouldnt go for a newer truck (04), so we finally settled on I put up with the shudder and they gave me a free 7 yr bumper to bumper warranty. Do some thinking about whether you will settle for no service bills for a few years. Offer may come. Good luck.
PS: then I trashed the 03 truck in an accident & they wouldnt transfer the warranty to my new 06...customer loses.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:20 PM
MisterDave2
Elder User
Have you researched the consumer rights for your state regarding new vehicles and contacted their office? They will give you a little leverage to persuade with. Are there "lemon laws" in your state? Don't hesitate to call your local state senator or assemblyman's office for help and have their names and the advise they gave you at hand if needed for reference. You probably have specific rights in your state and you need to know them well enough to argue, or you could get a lawyer of course, but try the free stuff first. Get all your ducks in a row before you go see this Ford rep. this way he will know you "did your homework". Good Luck!

Old 06-20-2008, 04:15 AM
svt2205
Posting Guru
Not sure lemon laws would apply in this case. In the 9 times it's been into the dealership, has the truck been out of service for any period of time, other then the visits to the dealer. I think some states require a min number of days out of service before it's deemed a lemon. Even with this, it surely doesn't mean you'll come out on top.

A meeting with the field service engineer or rep only means the dealer has said the heck with this.

Let us know what happens

Old 06-20-2008, 03:15 PM
SteelHorse08
Senior User
Well had the visit at dealer with Rep. from Ford and Operations of Service Supervisor today , and well the Rep. was non-response it was the Operation Supervisor taking charge measuring and looking at paperwork. Rep. for Ford was like 22-26 years old and wearing a "Lincoln" shirt and wasn't from Dearborn, Michigan where my Truck was manufactured at, did he seem concerned NO, not really! He just stood back and had his arms folded watching the Supervisor doing everthing. They do see things are off in the rear axle and rear bumper, and Truck is going in body shop at dealer on Tuesday to get bumper on straight, then to the alignment rack, which I did have just checked last week and supposively it's on spec., the Supervisor did see the rear right pass. side sticking out 1/2 inch. I said to him that the axles are solid and can't be adjusted, he said true but well loosen suspension bolts and can "wiggle" things around still. This is the 3rd visit to the body shop, why didn't they offer this other 2 times? This will be the 10th time to service and truck is only 6 months old! They offered no compensation (not that I was looking for any to begin with) I just want my truck fixed, but the loosening of bolts and god's knows what else --scares the out of this ol'boy!

Old 06-20-2008, 08:44 PM
1saxman
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
'The tire on driver rear is leaning "inward" and the tire on the right rear pass. side is leaning outward"!'

This is impossible with a live axle. Good thing I'm not the rep, because this sounds like a problem in perception to me. In other words, you have convinced yourself something is wrong with it.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:03 PM
bigmojo
New User
If the rep does not give you satisfaction take it to arbitration. Ford bought back my 04 250 SD and replaced it with an 05 250 SD, which they then bought back too. At that point I walked away from Ford. I did finally come back when I could afford a truck as a 3rd vehicle, but went with a 150.

The arbitration admins are on YOUR side, and if you can prove diminished value they will take care of you.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:23 PM
bememe
Senior User
Just remember, "You catch more fly's with honey than vinegar". Be firm but reasonable cuz this guy has the power to make things happen or not happen if you act like a crazy man. Good Luck.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:31 PM
bigmojo
New User
Yes. Very true. However, every time I had to deal with one of them they were A-holes. Could have just been that regional rep too. Then again they were just doing their job. Trying not to buy back anymore of those POS 6 leaker diesels.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:49 AM
FatalErrorz
Senior User
Originally Posted by 1saxman
'The tire on driver rear is leaning "inward" and the tire on the right rear pass. side is leaning outward"!'

This is impossible with a live axle. Good thing I'm not the rep, because this sounds like a problem in perception to me. In other words, you have convinced yourself something is wrong with it.
He's been going on about it since he got it home. I have no idea what he's talking about. I agree with your statement about it being impossible.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:58 PM
SteelHorse08
Senior User
Eyes dont lie my friend, and be posting pic's soon to show you guys, apparently it's a normal condition is what the Rep. and everyone at Ford says but body shops I've talked to say "Your frame is bent and the dealer dont want to tell you that". I got from the Rep. "oh well it's the truck you got", Huh, I mean they said they could loosen the suspension and shift over 1/2 inch to exact location but Ford on-line says it's normal for the 150 to be offset 1/4th to 1/2 inch to the right. normal they say, I say I feel crooked when driving like dog-tracking the Rep. and all the people I have contacted say "Most trucks dog-track it's common for alot of trucks to be off, you would be surprised. So we measured other like 2wd f-150 and guess what same thing off set 1/2 to the right.In other words I got a piece of **** FORD truck when I probably should crash the damn thing and have insurance claim it totaled and get another.

What about putting a spacer on the hub to bring the left rear wheel out to match the passenger wheel thats out, so they will be even, now they are not very apparent when looking down the sides of truck? Will a spacer just 1 will work? Iam also thinking of pulling the wheel off and putting some washers on the studs on the hub and maybe that well do the trick by acting like a spacer I need it to be even so when I get other tires that are wider. See guys if you look down the passenger side down the left rear tire is out where yo can see the tread pattern, if you look down the driver side you can't even tell theres a tire there it's under the wheel well so much the tire is not seen. Some punk in a Chevy truck rolled up and yelled your F$%kin Ford is crooked "thats Ford for ya", I get them passing and snickering pointing and looking, am so angry that Iam ready to fight everytime I see Dodge or Chevy or even those Titan's roll up and act like there truck is better, I represent Ford and with it like this makes everyone be convinced that the Ford Co, is last to others with quality. A tire shop guy did tell me that Ford has always been known for bent frames and dog-tracking trucks it dont surprise him what am experienceing he took a look and said bent frame somewhere and they wont fix because Ford is losing money and is in a negative in profits so why in the hell will they fix or replace your stuck with it. Dont tell me I created this problem when it's a poorly made truck. Iam been trying to do all I can with this, Ford Rep. was a waste of time this guy never said a word to me was wispering stuff to other people there, I did tell them it's the last time I purchase a Ford, the 09's look ugly, they should have left the body style alone and just upgraded the engine that seems to be the big complaint. I did call other dealers service dept. and they say the same thing Ford designs the axle to be offset 1/4 to 1/2 in. to the right something about payload when the truck is loaded with weight and pulling a trailer. Iam burnt out on this since purchased in Jan. 08 the truck has been in the service 10 times and has to go back to there body shop again for a 4th trip, had tint put in the truck and has bubbles on all windows and it's gonna be 3 times now they had to replace the tint on it, I got a headache from all this and have been downing brews like water and short fused with everyone I see, I need to relax or this truck is gonna kill me.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:31 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelHorse08
In other words I got a piece of **** FORD truck when I probably should crash the damn thing and have insurance claim it totaled and get another.

What about putting a spacer on the hub to bring the left rear wheel out to match the passenger wheel thats out, so they will be even, now they are not very apparent when looking down the sides of truck? Will a spacer just 1 will work?
I've tried for 2 months to figure out what you're talking about. Heck I've even posted pics of my truck up for you to compare. I'm sorry your truck is displeasing you, but I'm about 100% positive that you've got a phsyco-somatic issue now. You think it's FUBAR'd, so it is FUBAR"d. Go ahead and crash it, I hope the insurance company happens across this thread.

1st: Ford does not make a habit of producing trucks with bent frames. That is a bull**** statement. The lawsuits alone would put them out of business. Anybody who panders to that is just spreading utter falsities. I have had 8 F-150's and 3 other F/E-Series vehicles. Not a 1 had frame/suspension issues. Blinker/Headlight problems...yes, on every single 1 but the 06 F-150

2nd: The is 0 chance the axle is not aligned properly in terms of straightness with the frame. The leafs have 0 room for adjustment forward/backward and side to side. The axle leaf perch has an alignment pin which centers the axle to the leaf pack. So either the frame is bent (unlikely), there was a build error when welding at the plant (unlikely), your leaf pack is incorrectly arched, or the axle is aligned correctly.

3rd: Wheels spacers are dangerous. Not to mention you would need to restud the axle with longer wheel studs and then there would be alot of extra stress due to the length of the studs

4th: You've stated your wheels are canted inwards...or outwards in other posts. If so, your rear tires will be obviously worn and chewed up since they'll be rolling in a somewhat perpindicular direction than the direction the vehicle is moving.

5th: You claim your bed is/was misaligned. You got me wondering about mine so I looked almost 15 minutes. It's not. 1/4" is negligible. I'm fairly certain yours isn't either when I read your post about repositioning the bed, but now the bumper doesn't align. The bumper can ony bolt up 1 way in terms of side to side

6th: Look at the distances between the inner edge of the rear tire to the rear shock. There isn't alot of room there. If the axle is offset, the right side will have more room right? This will 100% confirm or deny your theory.

really not trying to be a jerk, but I honestly think you've convinced yourself that it just ain't right. If all this stuff were truly messed up as you describe, the axle alone would have self destructed already or caused noticeable damage.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:28 AM
livsdad
New User
Originally Posted by tylus
I've tried for 2 months to figure out what you're talking about. Heck I've even posted pics of my truck up for you to compare. I'm sorry your truck is displeasing you, but I'm about 100% positive that you've got a phsyco-somatic issue now. You think it's FUBAR'd, so it is FUBAR"d. Go ahead and crash it, I hope the insurance company happens across this thread.

1st: Ford does not make a habit of producing trucks with bent frames. That is a bull**** statement. The lawsuits alone would put them out of business. Anybody who panders to that is just spreading utter falsities. I have had 8 F-150's and 3 other F/E-Series vehicles. Not a 1 had frame/suspension issues. Blinker/Headlight problems...yes, on every single 1 but the 06 F-150

2nd: The is 0 chance the axle is not aligned properly in terms of straightness with the frame. The leafs have 0 room for adjustment forward/backward and side to side. The axle leaf perch has an alignment pin which centers the axle to the leaf pack. So either the frame is bent (unlikely), there was a build error when welding at the plant (unlikely), your leaf pack is incorrectly arched, or the axle is aligned correctly.

3rd: Wheels spacers are dangerous. Not to mention you would need to restud the axle with longer wheel studs and then there would be alot of extra stress due to the length of the studs

4th: You've stated your wheels are canted inwards...or outwards in other posts. If so, your rear tires will be obviously worn and chewed up since they'll be rolling in a somewhat perpindicular direction than the direction the vehicle is moving.

5th: You claim your bed is/was misaligned. You got me wondering about mine so I looked almost 15 minutes. It's not. 1/4" is negligible. I'm fairly certain yours isn't either when I read your post about repositioning the bed, but now the bumper doesn't align. The bumper can ony bolt up 1 way in terms of side to side

6th: Look at the distances between the inner edge of the rear tire to the rear shock. There isn't alot of room there. If the axle is offset, the right side will have more room right? This will 100% confirm or deny your theory.

really not trying to be a jerk, but I honestly think you've convinced yourself that it just ain't right. If all this stuff were truly messed up as you describe, the axle alone would have self destructed already or caused noticeable damage.
I actually have the exact same problem with my truck except the tires don't appear to be bent inward or outward. Look in the passenger side mirror and you can see tread, look in the drivers side and you can barely see the hub cap. I went through 3 different dealers and they told me it was normal. Tires are wearing fine and no other issues with drive line and the truck has 45k on it. It's an 05. He's not seeing things but there really is nothing Ford can do. My truck may look a bit crooked but it will still out haul the Chebby thats laughing at it.......

Old 06-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Ford Fx4
Laughing Gas
Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by tylus

Tylus I agree with you and think he has done just that.

Last summer I was rear ended in a 4 car accident on the freeway, only damage to me was a crooked bumper. Dealer fixed the bumper for 48.00 bucks and checked the frame/alignment on a their machine's and said everything was good. But after that I "noticed" that my hitch looked bent down. Every time I looked at another f-150's hitch, I swear my was bent, dad told me I was crazy!! Got out with a tape and measured from 5 different points to my dads truck and everyone came out the same!!

So after I got it out of my head that it "looks" bent it really is not.

Steehorse, Not saying that all those thing cant happen, but crap dude I really think that you want all those things to be wrong with it. Not trying to be a smart *** in any way...

O, and trying to add washers to the hubs well....if you really want your tire going down the road ****-eyed, but it would be setting you up for an major accident and when hub/spindles fail, don't do it!

I think you said it yourself,

""had tint put in the truck and has bubbles on all windows and it's gonna be 3 times now they had to replace the tint on it, I got a headache from all this and have been downing brews like water and short fused with everyone I see, I need to relax or this truck is gonna kill me.""

You had some other problems with the tint on the truck and you are just finding other things about it to be pissed off at!

Clam down relax, it will all work out

Originally Posted by livsdad
I actually have the exact same problem with my truck except the tires don't appear to be bent inward or outward. Look in the passenger side mirror and you can see tread, look in the drivers side and you can barely see the hub cap. I went through 3 different dealers and they told me it was normal. Tires are wearing fine and no other issues with drive line and the truck has 45k on it. It's an 05. He's not seeing things but there really is nothing Ford can do. My truck may look a bit crooked but it will still out haul the Chebby thats laughing at it.......
If it just looked like that from the pass. mirror, it is not the axle it is how it appears in the mirror. It is from the angle you are looking at it from, as you are closer to the drivers side then the pass. side mirror, what you can see out of it is different. When I ride shot gun and look out the pass. side mirror the whole view changes on what I can see and on how it looks.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:29 AM
FatalErrorz
Senior User
Originally Posted by livsdad
And if you sit in the passenger seat, it does the same thing to the other side...It's "magic"...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Meeting with a FORD Rep. tomorrow, have a question.