Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Toyota slave traders?? No i thought they were perfect!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 05:35 PM
cds
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLK94F150
I guess you do know exactly where the profits go. I keep hearing this, but have never seen any hard numbers. So until I see some #s, I'll just have to assume that Toyota's profits are distributed to shareholders and employees like the ones that work right up the road from me and Ford's are more and more given to folks in Mexico.

Mike
I did not say that I did, but I would be very shocked if most of it were not going back to Japan. I am all for buying the best vehicle for my needs but I also have some national pride. It seems more people are worried about being offended by something in this country than realizing how good we have it and being able to buy and drive what we want. I don't enjoy paying $4.00 a gallon to fill my Expy either but there is nothing I can do about the price of gas and I really like the truck. We just don't drive it as much as we used to. I think american auto makers make much better cars than most people think they just don't take the time to research them more.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:28 PM
mymechanic'sanidiot
Elder User
Not to take this delightful discussion off topic, but what the bloody blue blazes does it have to do with Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY? Trolls will not be tolerated. The only thing this discussion got right was the lack of glaringly apparent trolling.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:54 AM
BLK94F150
Postmaster
Originally Posted by cds
I did not say that I did, but I would be very shocked if most of it were not going back to Japan. I am all for buying the best vehicle for my needs but I also have some national pride. It seems more people are worried about being offended by something in this country than realizing how good we have it and being able to buy and drive what we want. I don't enjoy paying $4.00 a gallon to fill my Expy either but there is nothing I can do about the price of gas and I really like the truck. We just don't drive it as much as we used to. I think american auto makers make much better cars than most people think they just don't take the time to research them more.

National pride has nothing to do with what car you buy. Ford does not care about national pride, they are shutting down facilities in the US left and right.

For example, the KTP is cutting back and the Sharonville transmission plant is closing near me. The new 4.4 diesel blocks are being made in Brazil. All the while Toyota is expanding operations in my area, helping the economy, creating jobs,and generating tax money. If they open a plant in our city, we'd likely put more Firefighters on and open a new house.

Mike

Old 06-24-2008, 05:04 PM
cds
Senior User
No, you are right Ford nor any other company cares about national pride, it is all about the bottom line. I just feel that if I can buy from an american company that meets my needs then I will, before I buy from a foreign company. By american I mean corporate headquarters in the United States. I am not a troll I am just voicing my opinion, something we can still do here, I think.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Brian12281
New User
Ahh actually their making pay and health care cuts at the Toyota factories here and cutting back production. Dont know where you get your info from?

Old 06-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Brian12281
New User
Originally Posted by cds
No, you are right Ford nor any other company cares about national pride, it is all about the bottom line. I just feel that if I can buy from an american company that meets my needs then I will, before I buy from a foreign company. By american I mean corporate headquarters in the United States. I am not a troll I am just voicing my opinion, something we can still do here, I think.
I agree trust me before I make ANY purchase i'll look for the one thats made here and will pay more if I have too.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:09 PM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cds
I do respect your opinion.

But here is mine, yes, Ford started as an "American" company, but in order to stay alive, they have gone global. Which is fine and dandy, but look where it's gotten them in the long run.

Closing plants in Canada and US while opening new plants overseas.

I wonder where the money came to build these new plants? Did you happen to see where Ford and Chevrolets profits came from this year?

It's sad to say, in the automotive industry, nothing is "American" anymore.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:22 PM
cds
Senior User
That is sad. I don't think that any of the car companys or any big business would think twice about moving to other countries to save money. That is the sad reality of it. It is really hard to find anything made in america now at least in electronics and such. I am no business expert but I know how things work in the real world, the dollar or euro etc. is the bottom line.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:36 PM
LxMan1

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by freirefishing
lol, imagine if toyota was owned by the chinese

All of their cars would be painted with lead paint and have small parts that fall off and are a choking hazard for our children?