Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Archived CO Buy/Sell/Trade Ads

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know where you live, but I was in this yard today: &copy U-Pull-&-Pay - Welcome to Denver!

and saw this truck:

that seems to still have the parts you need:

Happy hunting!

Old 04-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Dajacks1
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hypoid,
Thanks for the tip on the truck. I actually live in Colorado Springs, but I have been in Denver at least once a week for the last few weeks. I tried their yard down here, but came up disappointed. The trucks they had in there were picked clean. I will try and get up there and get the stuff I need. Thanks again.
Don

Old 04-29-2009, 11:39 PM
Dajacks1
Freshman User
Hypoid,
Thanks again for the tip on that truck. Got by there today and that thing is a gold mine for me. Got all of the transmission pieces that I needed, plus the line from the engine to the modulator. Also got the kickdown linkage, throttle linkage, coil bracket, fuel line power steering pump and brackets, alternator brackets, water pump pulleys, and crank pulleys. Would have had the tranny cooler lines also, but I didn't have a tubing wrench and the forward one started to strip. Didn't have a good pair of vise grips with me either. If any one is doing a 2 wheel drive swap, that truck has the correct frame perches, motor mounts, manifolds and a nice Y-pipe. The only way to go is factory. Had a ford parts guy tell me they didn't put a 460 in the half ton from the factory. I have one and the truck in the pictures has a J in the fourth spot.
Anyway, thanks again for the help and I will try to get pictures as the project progresses.
Don

Old 05-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WTG!!! Absolutely post pics of the build, I like pictures! LOL

I can't count the times I've posted parts someone asked about, just to watch them go to the crusher a month later. Helping you score makes up for it.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:59 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Colo79Ford
Looking to buy a 31 spline ford 9" center section with between a 3.73 and 4.11 gear and a full spool or a good locker / limited slip.

Also looking for grille surround for 73-75 ford trucks in decent shape (doesnt have to be perfect, just not jacked up too badly)

Looking for slot mags 15x8 - 15x8.5 with 5x5.5 bolt pattern.

And looking for anyone who has any lexan or something similar laying around....

Looking for running 460 or 429 ford (or a 400 even)

Manual steering box for 73 f-100 ford.....

Ford "sport package" steering wheel found in some 70's ford trucks and in mustangs thru the 80's (3 spoke with 3 holes in each spoke)

Headers for 429/460 ford 2wd truck 70's

Trying to find some parts piece by piece to try and have t he 73' atleast running for truckfest..

Thanks!!!!

May even consider a good C4 trans for small block housing (incase i go another route).....

I got you covered on the headers. Where do I find out more about TruckFest.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Bandimere Speedway

Cant wait to get the headers!!!

Hope some people see this post in here... all the forums i posted this on, this is the only one that hid it.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:55 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
This is where you should have been posted it in the first place. Read the guidelines.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:38 PM
btburn
New User
1955 f100 for sale

1955 ford f100 custom cab, rebuilt ford FE 390 engine, rebuilt ford FMX tranny, on 1976 f100 frame with twin I beam suspension, new tires on aluminum wheels, 9" rear end. Injured nerves in hand and need to pay the bill now.
Started for first time since last year today, started fast and runs great, but carb was leaking. I'll look into and see whats up with it.
Make me an offer, I have about $6000 in it. not looking for that much.
Located in Parker, CO
brockburnell(at)hotmail(dot)com

Old 11-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Doug F
Freshman User
I know a guy trying to find a good home for his 51 FORD pick-up that is now a flatbed.
Also I know a guy who finds and sells early Ford trucks for a reasonable price.

Drop me a note for more info.

Doug.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:49 PM
rykersdad
New User
Originally Posted by Doug F
I know a guy trying to find a good home for his 51 FORD pick-up that is now a flatbed.
Also I know a guy who finds and sells early Ford trucks for a reasonable price.

Drop me a note for more info.

Doug.
I am looking for parts for a 38-39 ford truck
Thanks

Old 12-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Doug F
Freshman User
Parts, can't help ya... He just sells trucks mostly from the 60s-80s.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:28 PM
getbuck911
Junior User
Got a buddy selling a red 96 F150. 4x4, manual transmission, 6 inch lift, larger tires (Not sure what size, will pass on number)

Looking for $5500, open to offers

Old 03-30-2010, 08:09 PM
mediconi
New User
Selling an 83 F150XLT Long bed extended cab w/ shell. Link here

Old 04-19-2010, 03:40 PM
easytruckin68
New User
71 Camper special parts

I have a 71 camper special bed with the tool box on the passenger side, only missing on trip piece on the passenger side other wise good sand down and paint would look almost new ... looking to sell this... $650 for the bed if anyone knows someone looking of one let me know also have the Dana 60 floater rearend for sale.. leaf springs and all suspension for the rear comes with...thinking about $450 or so on that cause it has the over load springs that come with

Old 08-13-2010, 02:14 AM
breckman99
Freshman User
Cummins swap-any one need parts from a 90 F250 before I scrap it?(IE FREE/LABOR TRDE)

Well, First off hello fellow Colorado enthusiasts. I've been working on random diesel projects for years, and have owned several 5-9th generation ford trucks. Previously I had a 96 12V Cummins installed in a 1990 F250, and have upgraded to a 97 quad cab body. Long story short I have a 90 F250 that you can basically have. The only requirement is that you assist me in lifting the bed upside down onto my other truck and have a vehicle capable of dragging a truck carcass easily out of my driveway. No wheels. I have some you can use to get it onto your trailer, but i'm not mounting or dismounting them. That's up to you, I will be finishing the 97 and have very limited time as it is my daily driver. If I had time I would part it out and sell it off, but I have about 1 week vacation and the neighborhood will have my *** if I have a scrap truck in the driveway. One mans trash is another mans treasure, and I damn sure don't want to put it on craigslist for a metal scrapper to grab. Interior is way to nice for the scrapper.

Details on the truck:
The 1990 has the 92-98 front clip (90 cowl) and the body was fairly straight. One rust hole lower passenger rear cab rocker and surface rust which gets deep on the passenger door. Small ding on pass fender, and hood if I remember correctly. Frame is painted with some rust through in places but 8/10 compared to other models from that era. Paint is mismatched and peeling to primer on all but front clip. Interior is ok, good carpet. perfect dash, 5% half assed (light coming through portions) tint on all remaining windows, bad steering wheel, cluster missing, has riser kit on rear bench seat (super cab), rear and passenger bucket seat good, drivers seat has 3cm x 8 cm hole where the spring has worn through the padding on outer lower entry edge. Only drive train remaining are a 10.25 Sterling with leaking outer seals and 3.54 gears, Dana 50 TTB 3.55 with leaking pinion, front driveshaft, and the 300K mi transfer case. No windshield, no hubs, no grille parts or radiator support, no bumpers, no exhaust, rear tank bad, and multiple sections of wiring harness mangled. Original engine was a 7.3L w/ zf5. Does have a Class III or IV trailer hitch.

If any of you have any Cummins swap questions send them my way.

Some pictures:
ImageShack Album - 7 images

I am also selling the old 97 Powerstroke engine for 800 bucks with all accessories and computers if anyone has interest in that check on denver craigslist. I'm located in South Boulder, and will likely be in the driveway Friday evening and all weekend long so pm or email me if you want to swing by for parts or just to play trucks...

Last edited by SteveBricks; 08-13-2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Moved to buy/sell/trade thread

Quick Reply: Archived CO Buy/Sell/Trade Ads