Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Just got home with new 56-wow !!!

Old 06-02-2008, 01:13 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
Talking Just got home with new 56-wow !!!

Wow --what a trip!!
Just got back to my place in Ohio and spent a while in PERSUIT of 1956 Ford trucks and parts.
Thanks alot to lastchance56 for helping me out and chaining down my load and is definately a true man of honor!!!
Rodney drove my wife (Terri) around in his awesome black56 f100,andshe was astounded!!! I also want to thank Rod's buddy-Mike for all his help. This guy can really do some fantastic bodywork and paint!!! It was my honor to meet him and see his cool body shop. These Alabama guys know how to hot-rod!!!
I brought home another56 f100 today,and drove non-stop from Alabama and only pulled over for gas. My new van pulled like a champ,and getting ready for October to bring home some more 56s...
I got a chain-hoist delivered in Florida for FTEr--Frank Cowan,and sorry Frank for all the time it took to get it to Florida!!

It is truly a great site when you meet the people on FTE and I even met Rod's parents and are truly nice folks. Mike is Rod's paint and body guy and is able to paint and do magic in that Alabama heat--haha!! I am planning to visit these guys more and hope to in October.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Black Widow '90
Freshman User
Black Widow '90 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Great news bro!!!!

Old 06-02-2008, 04:20 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
thanks blackwidow---I am coming to Michigan next week for 2 doors and hood and misc. for a 56 f100. Always need more tin!!! thanks

Old 06-02-2008, 04:34 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold
You're nothin' but an Ol' Hoarder.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:35 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Smile

Dick--you are right--must be a disease? haha!! Hey give me a call when we will meet up. How is the wife? I hope she is ok,and glad to get back to the 52 degrees and canadian-soldiers and all the grass to mow. These bugs are a pain in the butt. Cannot even open my barn door---they just get into everything. Dick --do you get them in Erie?

My trip to my ranch and over to Mississippi was great and even the trip home was ok--but had some real bad stuff happen--our 17 year old english setter mix died and we were at the Florida home....really sad!! That dog had 200,000 miles or more in trips with me all over the country. She will be missed.
OH---I blew out my back again,and now have to take it easy-or have to have surgery again----lastchance56 in Alabama had to load and chain down my 56 on my trailer--and again -thanks man!!! Back problems suck!! I will have to lay down more now--and I have so much to do.
Bill

Old 06-02-2008, 07:49 PM
cmoritz
Posting Guru
cmoritz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Welcome Home! Glad the trip was exciting and fun filled !!Now laydown and get some sleep!!!! Sorry to hear about the Pup , We'll miss her, I didn't check , did you get some pics of the new ride up??

Old 06-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Mick1930
Senior User
Mick1930 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bill,

Read your posts and wanted to say I have also had back problems.
I have always found it very helpful and supportive to always wear a thin weight lifting belt. They are made by Valeo and are nylon and have a velcro buckle.
Wear it over you t-shirt and under your shirt and it supports a weak back problem.
You will be suprised how well you feel with it on..

Mick

Old 06-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Dustin1690
Post Fiend
Dustin1690 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Dustin1690 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Congrats good to hear you had a good trip

Old 06-03-2008, 06:32 AM
Last Chance 56
Elder User
Last Chance 56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks Bill for your comments. It was pleasure to help you out. I really glad nothing broke loose on you on your way home. I really enjoyed giving Ms. Terri a ride in the old truck maybe that can apease her enough so you can get more parts. Make sure you let know when you can come back down and sit a spell, we can break out the grill and burn something on the grill for you. You are always welcome in Ardmore. I will try to get those pics of those big f100s at the junkyard in the next few weeks and get them to you. Mike was out there yesterday and seen about seven fat fendered bigguns so I can keep my eye on them. See ya soon buddy.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:19 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Thanks everyone for the comments,and will get a belt soon--and a drink--haha!! anyway--the pics are coming tonight when Terri gets home.
LASTCHANCE56--Thanks --you chained that load down great!! Nothing broke or fell off!! I am so anxious to start the sandblaster up,and it will have to wait till I can walk again!! I am glad Terri rode in your truck,it gave her more of a insite of why I love these trucks. She loved the sound of your beast!! YOU WILL WIN MORE TROPHIES WITH THAT 1!!
See you this fall!! thanks -=pics tonight!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 07:40 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Here is the 56 I got and will add to the corral---
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 06-03-2008, 07:44 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
I have a trailer load to sandblast and will do that asap. My 71 is in the shop getting all new front end parts and alignment,and when home the 56 will get all the bodywork done and primed for assembly. The frame was done last year and waiting for the rest to come. I still have to go to Michigan and get some more 56 parts,and will most likely do that 1st-since my back is so bad. THANKS AGAIN RODNEY, and hope to see the 56s soon at the salvage yard. Bill

Old 06-03-2008, 07:47 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Has anyone bought a glove box from NPD.? I bought a door and a bunch of 56 parts and went to install the glovebox today in the 56 and it does not come with the attached nuts. How do I bolt this in ? There is next to no room to install the nuts. Really ticks me off!!! Bill

Old 06-04-2008, 06:26 AM
Last Chance 56
Elder User
Last Chance 56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
no help from me Bill as I never got a cab with a surviving glove box in it.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:44 AM
9teen56f100
Posting Guru
9teen56f100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.9teen56f100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Mid fiftys has them listed as a kit. I would think you could pick up some at a local hardware store. I beleave they are called J-type screw retainers. They slip over the hole tab the screw goes thru. Good luck.
brian...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.