1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Just got home with new 56-wow !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 10:39 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Brian! I bought 2 of these and they come with a hardware pack,but try to install and near impossible. I will look for these at mid-fifties....should have none better!!
Bill

Old 06-04-2008, 10:46 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Thanks for the tip Brian,and also thanks for the footage of the Nationals--you do a great job on the photos. I will call mid-fifties today--and since it rained again will not be sandblasting any time soon.
If you look at a stock original 56 glove box it has those clips to hold on to the box for the screws to enter,and these are a package of bolts and nuts. They should be made original. Anyway thanks and mid-50s to the rescue....I hope the shore-crew in Alabama has a good time workin on that 72 vette!!! It and the trans-am will be real nice when you guys get done!! I still like the 56 though-haha!!!!! Bill

Old 06-04-2008, 07:11 PM
birdman1
Elder User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad you got the 56 home. Looking good--- that's sure a popular model and for good reasons--great lines. Good luck with the back, get better soon.
Mike

Old 06-04-2008, 09:32 PM
frankcowan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks you Bill

Just got back on line... new laptop with issues...

Bill
thank you for bring that chain hoist to Florida. I apologize for not being able to come over to your ranch. I really wanted to meet you and Terry in person. I did enjoy the phone conversations. For sure we will get together when you are down here next.

For everyone else on the forum: Several months ago I purchased an old chain hoist on Ebay to use in a car hauler project. The seller wouldn't ship, but I thought a friend that traveled near there could pick it up. Well the friend's travel plans changed and I couldn't find anyone to pickup the hoist. I posted a thread on this forum asking for help. Bill graciously offered to pick it up and bring it to Florida. He asked his wife Terry to get it after work. Come to find out the reason the shipper wouldn't ship is because it weighs about 100lbs. Picture Terry in work clothes lugging that heavy hoist into her car trunk. Thank you Terry.

Even with everything that Bill has been overcoming with his back issue he has kept me informed about the hoist. He has even offered to pack it and have it shipped if I needed it sooner, which I didn't.

Not to get sappy... but I have to say that I enjoy the people that restore these old trucks as much, if not more, than the old trucks themselves. There are some great people on this forum.

Frank

Old 06-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Last Chance 56
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by frankcowan
Just got back on line... new laptop with issues...

Bill
thank you for bring that chain hoist to Florida. I apologize for not being able to come over to your ranch. I really wanted to meet you and Terry in person. I did enjoy the phone conversations. For sure we will get together when you are down here next.

For everyone else on the forum: Several months ago I purchased an old chain hoist on Ebay to use in a car hauler project. The seller wouldn't ship, but I thought a friend that traveled near there could pick it up. Well the friend's travel plans changed and I couldn't find anyone to pickup the hoist. I posted a thread on this forum asking for help. Bill graciously offered to pick it up and bring it to Florida. He asked his wife Terry to get it after work. Come to find out the reason the shipper wouldn't ship is because it weighs about 100lbs. Picture Terry in work clothes lugging that heavy hoist into her car trunk. Thank you Terry.

Even with everything that Bill has been overcoming with his back issue he has kept me informed about the hoist. He has even offered to pack it and have it shipped if I needed it sooner, which I didn't.

Not to get sappy... but I have to say that I enjoy the people that restore these old trucks as much, if not more, than the old trucks themselves. There are some great people on this forum.

Frank
Ditto above, Bill is very fortunate to have Ms. Terri, I had her out in the yard luggin booms and chains while po ole Bill was laid up drinkin a cool pop. Naaw ole Bill was hurtin and you could tell it but Terri is a great lady, none of my ex-wives would do any of that. Great people to be yankees.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:49 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Smile

Originally Posted by Last Chance 56
Ditto above, Bill is very fortunate to have Ms. Terri, I had her out in the yard luggin booms and chains while po ole Bill was laid up drinkin a cool pop. Naaw ole Bill was hurtin and you could tell it but Terri is a great lady, none of my ex-wives would do any of that. Great people to be yankees.

Thanks Framk and you too Rodney-kind words!! I am soooo fortunate to have Terri and also a wife that likes hot rods and car shows. Most guys do not attend these shows with their wives and have to sneak around to buy more trucks--well I sneak to buy more trucks--but you get my point-haha!!
I am not the type to let someone else do the work--but when the pain is at blasting point--then I have to set back and watch. Rodney and Mike and Terri would make a great hot-rod team....She loves his truck,and all the cars Mike has at his place.
Frank--I have had help from ksmith203 when I needed it,and so I gave you some help. Then got help back from lastchance56 and thus the circle of friendship is unbroken--sounded cool when I wrote this---don't want to get corny-haha!! Now with new puter,Frank can scour the country for more trucks,too. FTE is a great site. I have been fortunate to met these guys and keep on truckin'............Bill