1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Neighborhood getting bad/truck got vandelized

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 05:02 PM
himmelberg
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 60RatRod
Well, looks like the neighborhood is going to hell.
Sounds like the neighborhood is already there... forget going. There is nothing more frustrating in the truck business than having your tools or truck stolen, or, almost as bad, having it damaged wantonly. The neighborhood may have nothing to do with it.

Last summer the northwest side of Midland (the "good" side) was inflicted with any number of car/truck break ins. Lots of theft of stereos and other stuff people leave in their rides. The "crooks" weren't the thugs from the barrio where I teach... they were football players from "good" homes.

Owning a distinctive ride is a target for bored vandals or bored "jocks" and so is anything else it would appear. Is this a new trend? No. It just seems more widespread. Is there a way to solve it? Yep... you've covered how in your rant.

I'm trying real hard to be a better person... maybe learn to forgive and get over the anger... but it's hard and you have my sympathy. And there might just be more frustrating things in the truck business, so let's hope we don't come across them.

trying , himmelberg

Old 06-02-2008, 05:03 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 59 shorty
Now you know why they hung horse theives without regret in the last centry.. Mark
keep em out of the gene pool..

Sam