Sponsored by: DP Tuner

best rotors/pads for the price?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 04:02 PM
heavytruk
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best rotors/pads for the price?

I have the front end shudder/bounce when braking to a stop, from what I have read it is due to the rotors warping and pretty common.. Is this normally front end rotors only? Going to bring it to shop soon to get them checked, wondering where the best place to get some replacements is that won't kill my bank account.

Old 05-26-2008, 05:15 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
for the MONEY......OEM brakes are worth it. I have gotten about 50,000 miles on mine. I have considered upgrading to the Hawk cry-treated ones, but I'll probably just stick with OEM. Can't complain with that much mileage on em! If you tow heavy....you might look into some upgraded brakes. The Autozone/Checker ones are "okay" from what I hear....and the Carquest brakes have too much metal in the pads, and are noisy. There's my .02 cents

Old 05-26-2008, 05:31 PM
heavytruk
Senior User
don't do any towing yet, I assume if I have the shudder when coming to a stop, chances are the rotors are beyond turning and will need replacement eh?

Old 05-26-2008, 05:34 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I won't turn mine.....just replace. I think they will warp again very soon if they already have. Have read about guys on here that have turned theirs......I guess if you're doing your own brake job, you won't be out much in labor, just time involved on giving it a try.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:19 PM
crazymut
Laughing Gas

I have the Power Slot rotors, all four, Cryo, and the Hawk pads. I highly recomend these. Thet have been flawless sense I got them. 10k or so so far. They stop alot better than stock and no more shudder in the front end. Although it is around 8 bills for the complete set, which I would recomend. If you do one do them all.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:29 PM
heavytruk
Senior User
Originally Posted by crazymut
I have the Power Slot rotors, all four, Cryo, and the Hawk pads. I highly recomend these. Thet have been flawless sense I got them. 10k or so so far. They stop alot better than stock and no more shudder in the front end. Although it is around 8 bills for the complete set, which I would recomend. If you do one do them all.

gah to rich for my blood, I just wanna stop with no shudder, not doing any heavy towing, would rather do other mods first before I invest in serious breakage

Old 05-26-2008, 06:38 PM
crazymut
Laughing Gas

I know its alot but I have never been happier with replacement brakes than I am now.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:39 PM
rsylvstr
Cargo Master
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
I got Hawk LTS pads with Brembo OEM Replacement Rotors and i'm very happy....
the best price i found about 18 months ago was at Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels but who knows now.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:38 PM
cangim
Postmaster
I will see if I can dig up who I ordered from off ebay, but I did all four corners with slotted rotors and new pads for 350 IIRC.