Sponsored by: DP Tuner

I just have to tell this story!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Hotwheelbill
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just have to tell this story!

I have about an 8 mile drive from my house to A1A to be able to get anywhere else. The speed limit is 45 with a short part that is 35 and the local SO love to set up radar in that 35 mph zone. I was on my way into town one day last week and I run cc on 50 in the 45 zone. I see a silver Dodge come up fast and ride my ***, I hate this to no end!!!!!!!! I can see through his cab and see stacks in the back. As much as I wanted to floor it, I did not. We get to A1A and he goes his way and I go mine. Move ahead to this last Wed. I am just turning into the 35mph zone of my 8 mile road and someone flashes lights to me. I make sure I am set on 35 and come up on the speed trap and who do I see pulled over, you got it, mr stacks. Kind of made my day!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-25-2008, 08:06 AM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
Nice
Did ya honk as you went by or just chuckled

Hanklin

Old 05-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Hotwheelbill
Elder User
No, we have some real jerks in our local S.O. I would have been flagged over too if I had honked...........but an air horn would have been very nice.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:38 AM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I drive truck at night and a lot of it is on two lane road in the mountains of northern California. I tend to see the same vehicles night after night. Anyway, for the past few nights (about 10 pm) I have had some bozo in a Chevy truck hugging the back door of my trailer for miles, wanting to pass (I'm driving at the limit 55 mph)...but afraid to pull out because a tractor/trailer might be coming around the next turn. Anyway, I've slowed down to let him get around, but no, he would rather get in my blindspot and drive me crazy with his tailgating, highlights, and fog lights. So I hear this trucker say on the cb that the CHP is clocking vehicles about a mile west of a pretty tight turn I am entering on the highway. After the turn, the road straightens out for about three miles. I slow down to about 40 mph (55 mph speed limit) and this guy is going nuts behind me...pulling the nose of his truck out, but afraid to pass. Finally, just before where the CHP is clocking, I pull over...You guessed it...The IDIOT behind me puts the pedal to the metal, gets her going about 75 and blasts by me with his arm out the window giving me the one-finger salute - just in time to be bagged by CHP. About two miles up the road he is pulled over and they are writing him up...I gave him a few toots from the air horns as I went by . I can only hope he had an open beer in the truck too.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:42 AM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nlemerise
I drive truck at night and a lot of it is on two lane road in the mountains of northern California. I tend to see the same vehicles night after night. Anyway, for the past few nights (about 10 pm) I have had some bozo in a Chevy truck hugging the back door of my trailer for miles, wanting to pass (I'm driving at the limit 55 mph)...but afraid to pull out because a tractor/trailer might be coming around the next turn. Anyway, I've slowed down to let him get around, but no, he would rather get in my blindspot and drive me crazy with his tailgating, highlights, and fog lights. So I hear this trucker say on the cb that the CHP is clocking vehicles about a mile west of a pretty tight turn I am entering on the highway. After the turn, the road straightens out for about three miles. I slow down to about 40 mph (55 mph speed limit) and this guy is going nuts behind me...pulling the nose of his truck out, but afraid to pass. Finally, just before where the CHP is clocking, I pull over...You guessed it...The IDIOT behind me puts the pedal to the metal, gets her going about 75 and blasts by me with his arm out the window giving me the one-finger salute - just in time to be bagged by CHP. About two miles up the road he is pulled over and they are writing him up...I gave him a few toots from the air horns as I went by . I can only hope he had an open beer in the truck too.

That's beautiful Neal!!!!

Old 05-25-2008, 10:15 AM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Being able to "return the salute".... priceless!

Good one, Neal!

Pop

Old 05-25-2008, 12:49 PM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..

Somebody rep Neal for me!! That is just CLASSIC payback!! You'd think the idiot would learn to leave a little earlier to get in front of you, but the average driver out there today doesn't seem to be able to think their way out of a paper bag anymore.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:06 PM
DISLFVR
Locomotive breath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hanklin
Nice
Did ya honk as you went by or just chuckled

Hanklin
Hey, I would have at least waved at him.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:18 PM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by DISLFVR
Hey, I would have at least waved at him.
He wouldn't of seen me in my Freightliner...I did toot my air horn a couple of times as the CHP was writing the ticket. That guy got on my nerves so much that I thought about getting a bag of ball bearings...chuck a hand-full out the window now and then (if this gives you the *******, then don't follow old geezers in Freightliners close) !

Old 05-25-2008, 06:20 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey neal, i know what you mean, i drive big truck at night also into the early morning. Had to run a load out to a warehouse about 6:00am and this highway(276 pa. turnpike E. to nj.) is a race track every morning, people cutting in and out with no turn signals, accidents every morning. I merge onto this highway and about a quarter of a mile up four cars are in the left lane rear ending each other, with the drivers out scratching their heads. If any of you seen that movie FUNNY FARM with chevy chase and that postman in that smokin pickup truck with that crazy laugh. I did that laugh as i was going by and they all looked at me and thought i was nuts.LOL. I,m glad nobody was hurt from what i seen, just alot of soiled underware. Hope they learned a lesson that time because there might not be a next time.

Old 05-26-2008, 05:23 AM
Hotwheelbill
Elder User
He wouldn't of seen me in my Freightliner...I did toot my air horn a couple of times as the CHP was writing the ticket. That guy got on my nerves so much that I thought about getting a bag of ball bearings...chuck a hand-full out the window now and then (if this gives you the *******, then don't follow old geezers in Freightliners close) !
I keep four ball bearings in my tank bag on my bike just for that reason!! IT WORKS!!

Old 05-26-2008, 08:24 AM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Hotwheelbill
I keep four ball bearings in my tank bag on my bike just for that reason!! IT WORKS!!
My first warning is to let the trailer tandems drift over into the gutter and give them a nice sand and debris wash...then we move on to the more lethal stuff !

Old 05-26-2008, 10:47 AM
lee231
Senior User
Had a guy tailgate so close in my f250 with tailgate out I couldn't see his headlights. Tick my off, traffic was coming so he couldn't pass, I was doing 55 limit, traffic was clearing up front and a cross road coming too. Just as he pulled out to pass I turned on the left turn signal. He ducks back in and I did the old I'm not sure this is my road look around and kept going. After that the traffic picked up again and he had to stay behind for the next two miles till my real turn came up. I loved it. Lee

Old 05-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 279 Likes on 142 Posts
I was on my way home late one night and in my rear view, I see someone comin up fast. I'm doing the speed limit (45mph) and instead of passing me like normal people who are in a hurry, they ride my bumper instead. This pissed me off, so I accelerated a little, and went over just enough to where my exhuast was dead center with their windshield and floored it....

Black smoke covers the front of their car and they quickly backed down flashing their lights as if they didn't deserve it.....