1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Stolen NM Truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 10:28 AM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Stolen NM Truck

Be on the lookout for this 97. It's one sweet ride. Plate is Virginia STROKR. Owner is in the Air Force. Stolen from Albuqurque, NM.
Scroll down for pic.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:54 AM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
The link won't let me view the page becuase I'm not a member; clicking the link you provided performs a "Guest" logon at the site.

I'll keep my eyes open here in Idaho.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:19 AM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
Here's a pic. Sorry about the restrictions on the host site. I copied it to my Supermotors acct.
Good chance it's in Mexico already but let's hope not.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:35 AM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
That's a nice looking truck, Chris.

I don't want to get your hopes up or anything, but I've seen a LOT of out-of-state trucks lately. I'm not 100% sure about this because I don't remember the day I think I saw a license plate with STROKR or STROKD or STROKN or something like that. This could be a local truck, too. When was this truck stolen?

IF THIS TRUCK IS WHAT I THINK I SAW, IT WAS HEADED WEST ON I-84 IN THE MERIDIAN, ID TO NAMPA, ID AREA BETWEEN 5 - 6 PM DURING THE PREVIOUS WEEK OR TWO.

This would have been during rush-hour for us and the Interstate goes from four lanes down to two lanes, so I'm watching traffic because of the idiots that don't understand how much space a truck needs before I can change lanes.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:38 PM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
In my haste to stick it up here and a few other places, I neglected to mention that it was stolen late last night or early this morning - Thu 5/22. For some reason I can't edit my original post.

Thanks MooseMan! Maybe the owner was up there on vacation with the truck a couple weeks ago. I'm curious now. I'll ask him.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:47 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
That's a relief. I'd hate to think I missed out on an opportunity to help a fellow service-member.

Like I said, there's been a lot of out-of-state trucks lately and the one I saw could've been a local truck.

I keep my eyes open just the same.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Epd444
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what a bummer. owner is in the air force helpin the country and people repay him like that. hope he gets it back

Old 05-22-2008, 05:27 PM
MADVAN
Postmaster
Chris

Post the Vin if you can.
The last few #'s will help.

Bill

Old 05-22-2008, 08:18 PM
MLCinNCTX
Senior User
If they do there like they do here the truck is still in the area. They will replace the broke steering column and change the vin tag with one bought for next to nothing. In Texas a used vehicle keeps the tags, unless they are personalized.

When finished they have a truck titled to then with vin and plates. That is when they make the easy drive to Mexico.

This happened to a friend of mine who was very lucky. The DPS were suspect of the slow driving (60 mph) on I35 and proceeded to make a traffic stop. The crooks turned into a plowed field, got some distance and baled out leaving the truck.

In the morning DPS found a copy onf my friend's proof of insurance under the seat. They called him and he gave them the police report info. The truck they had appeared to be a 94 Chevy registered to Southwest Bell. They checked the frame numbers and confirmed it was his 95 crew cab. He got his truck back after a day with DMV to issued a replacement VIN sticker that was mounted to the drivers door.

I would keep the focus in the area of about 50 miles for the next few days.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:28 PM
ForemanES
Posting Guru
Nothin here in southwest NM but I will keep an eye out. My brother just had his truck stolen in AZ and got it back all stripped a few weeks ago

Old 05-28-2008, 03:13 PM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
The truck was found this morning in a residential area near Volcano Rd in west Abq. The ATV in the back was gone, as well as a .40 pistol, and lots of personal belongings. The owner was moving. They wrecked the steering column, destroyed the dash by ripping the radio out and did lots of other damage. But it is repairable.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:28 PM
immastrokinnow
Elder User
well at least its back. thats good to hear

Old 05-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GREAT TO HEAR. That sound like bad news but at least it is back now. I am sure that other stuff is replaceable but the truck isn't. great

Old 05-28-2008, 10:21 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
I'm glad the truck is back in its rightful place with the rightful owner. I hope the owner reported the missing firearm. It would be terrible if the gun were used improperly and the LEO's came looking for him.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:50 AM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
I'm totally surprised the rig wasn't in Mexico the next day. He did report the gun, as well as the ATV. It amazes me how some lawmakers want the PO of stolen guns to be liable for crimes committed with those guns. I couldn't believe he left it in the truck anyway. But at least he should be able to get it back to "normal" soon.

Quick Reply: Stolen NM Truck