South Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SC_Hoaty

South Carolina Chapter- general purpose thread

Old 05-30-2008, 06:22 PM
STGFordCrazy04
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike,
its a Xcalibrator 2 if that helps at all. I looked at the box.....YA FOR ME!

Harry,
going down hill with a 159mph tail wind.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:16 PM
sicktight722
Junior User
Can't help yall with any of your mileage problems,

But does anyone know of any good places to go fishing with no boat around Columbia. With gas going up I doubt I'll go home as much to go fishing and most of the landings that I know of always have a ton of people on them. And I've never been out to the lake, so I don't know whats out there.

**and if anybody sees a '89 dark red ranger 4x4 with a sticker on the back window on the driverside saying "Kiss this if you don't like my ranger" around the Columbia Area. Let me know...

Old 06-01-2008, 07:41 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Originally Posted by fordmdb
Whats your 10-20 Rich?
I've been around (mostly for other duties)- I've hit several snags while "out" though.

These are the worst ones......
1-Seems like the "better" picnic shelters at Dreher have been taken for the dates desired (mostly for sites 5&6). I was told to call/check back and reconfirm- for the possibility that the parties may have altered thier plans on the locations/dates.

2- My sponsors/contacts for shows/events (dealers), have told me that there maybe a problem on funding-hosting.

....With all these crazy fuel prices, I'm wondering who or how many members may have problems with some travel.

Oh... I've also been working f/t as usual- plus meetings with Kenwood of North America, Bosch-GMBH (Blaupunkt) and a few others over some special buy-ins for a potential new shop in town.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:22 PM
STGFordCrazy04
Post Fiend
Today was "take a dog to the pond day"

My two labs Boss (4yrs) and Daisy (5mths) had quite the time.

he catches more fish that I do

Old 06-01-2008, 09:49 PM
sicktight722
Junior User
that last picture is classic. looks like they had a fun time

Old 06-02-2008, 04:22 PM
FLgargoyle
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A wet Lab is a happy Lab....

Old 06-04-2008, 06:29 AM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FLgargoyle
A wet Lab is a happy Lab....

And stinky too......

Old 06-04-2008, 05:50 PM
offroadbronco
Senior User
Originally Posted by sicktight722
Can't help yall with any of your mileage problems,

But does anyone know of any good places to go fishing with no boat around Columbia. With gas going up I doubt I'll go home as much to go fishing and most of the landings that I know of always have a ton of people on them. And I've never been out to the lake, so I don't know whats out there.

**and if anybody sees a '89 dark red ranger 4x4 with a sticker on the back window on the driverside saying "Kiss this if you don't like my ranger" around the Columbia Area. Let me know...
Go try the Saluda river....it is fed by the lake murray dam. You can get to the East side of the river from Saluda Shoals State Park which costs $5 a day or the West side of the river is accessed by crossing the dam and is free. I go kayaking out there a lot and occasionally fish. The best fishing is in the spillway which you can access by foot but it is much easier to rent a Kayak for a day and go up river. The water is clear and there is a lot of good fishing to be had. If you are quiet enough, you may even catch a river otter or two playing in the water.

You can rent kayaks at a place in Cayce called Adventure Carolina for $30 a day. I've also caught plenty of fish at the head of the Congaree where the Broad and Saluda come together. There are multiple access point for bank fishing right in between the Gervais St. and Knox Abbott Dr. bridges.

Another good spot is Cedar creek out at Congaree Natl Forest right outside Cola...if you can stand the mosquitoes It is a tributary that feeds into the Congaree, some beautiful country out there as well.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:00 PM
offroadbronco
Senior User
Originally Posted by STGFordCrazy04
Wish I was closer so I could sell some material. However, on your way up from Florida you pass within 2 miles of my place off 95.

Any green thumbs in the bunch? I want to plant a couple trees next to my shop mainly for lanscaping but some shade would be nice. I dont know what kind I want. I want something quick growing but with a small root system so it doesnt bust up my newly poured cement.

Any suggestions?
Kris I see you already got a mni-magnolia (prob a star magnolia) but if you are looking for another one, you may want to think about a poplar. They literally grow like weeds and have very large leaves. They're tap root gets deep but they don't develop the root system on top of the soil like a lot of oaks and willows do and won't bust your concrete up.

I worked at a large nursery in HS/college for six years and it was always one of my favorites.

Be careful with trees with very shallow root systems, as soon as it gets some size, the first hurricane that gets close will blow it over.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:06 PM
STGFordCrazy04
Post Fiend
I havent bought anything yet. Im still in the planning stages. I have to finish the inside of my shop (top priority) and run a few water lines on that side.

Good thing its 100* degrees outside.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:00 PM
offroadbronco
Senior User
I know, how miserable....news is saying it will be 103 tomorrow with humidity, its a good thing I got all my hedges and trees trimmed before it got to hot. Now I only have to worry about cutting the grass for the next few months.

I think it is time for a trip to MYB

Old 06-04-2008, 08:08 PM
STGFordCrazy04
Post Fiend
I dont mind cutting the grass.

Youre talking to the proud owner of a side mounted 12pk cooler rack for his lawnmower.

MB wouldnt be bad but I prefer freshwater.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:52 PM
sicktight722
Junior User
Originally Posted by offroadbronco
Go try the Saluda river....it is fed by the lake murray dam. You can get to the East side of the river from Saluda Shoals State Park which costs $5 a day or the West side of the river is accessed by crossing the dam and is free. I go kayaking out there a lot and occasionally fish. The best fishing is in the spillway which you can access by foot but it is much easier to rent a Kayak for a day and go up river. The water is clear and there is a lot of good fishing to be had. If you are quiet enough, you may even catch a river otter or two playing in the water.

You can rent kayaks at a place in Cayce called Adventure Carolina for $30 a day. I've also caught plenty of fish at the head of the Congaree where the Broad and Saluda come together. There are multiple access point for bank fishing right in between the Gervais St. and Knox Abbott Dr. bridges.

Another good spot is Cedar creek out at Congaree Natl Forest right outside Cola...if you can stand the mosquitoes It is a tributary that feeds into the Congaree, some beautiful country out there as well.
Thanks man, I actually live in Cayce and have thought about kayaking, but all my friends went off for the summer. I think I'll probably give these spots a try when I restock my fishing tackle.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:29 AM
SteveKran
Senior User
heat index of 103*??!!

I'm glad I'm working night shift....I get to sleep all day in the nice cool A/C

Old 06-05-2008, 04:38 PM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I helped my other half give the horse a bath today(He's not big on water) and i think we enjoyed the water better than he did. Nothing beats cool spring water on a hot day!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: South Carolina Chapter- general purpose thread