1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

rear ebrake questions..help..parts?? suppliers?? any for sale??

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 04:01 PM
51merc
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rear ebrake questions..help..parts?? suppliers?? any for sale??

Hi All...
Well..moving on to the rear brakes. When purchased truck i noticed previous owner had cut the ebrake cables. Purchased new ones, all set to do brakes, intall new wheel cylinders and noticed that the hard ware for the ebrake to connect to is gone. By this I mean, the metal arms and whatever else is needed inside the drum rear brake area. Not sure of all the parts needed..looked at service manual...similar to other setups i have done, but of course i still need the parts!!
So, does anyone have any to sets to spare? If not, can i purchase these through any parts houses?? Any recommedations??
Damn...getting so close...
Thx in advance..
Rick

Old 05-18-2008, 04:06 PM
imlowr2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just gave mine whole brake drum system away because I added disc brakes on mine. The only suggestion I would have is to wait if someone like me has theirs and they would be willing to depart with it. Otherwise, call a few wrecking yards and see what they have.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:37 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
There are quite a few people on the board who have swapped their stock rear axles for 1a 9", I would think some of them would have the part you need. Take a look in the classifieds on this site, post a want ad. eBay is another place to look but I am sure someone will come by.

Here is a diagram of the parts that make up the front and rear brakes:

BTW, I found this ad on my local Craigslist, it's just up the road from me. If you can't find the parts you are looking for you could send the guy an email and find out what he wants for the axle. I can take a run up there and get it if it worth it. I'll strip the parts you need and scrap the rest. Email me off the board if you want to arrange something.

EDIT, I just reread the ad, it says less brake. Maybe he still has the hardward. It wouldn't hurt to try.

50 ford truck rear end

Old 05-18-2008, 09:36 PM
vbarker
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
51Merc,, Retro48/52 still has his rear axle w/brakes from his 52. Not sure if he wants to sell it yet or not. I'll see him in the morning and I'll ask him.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:04 AM
dstruble
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not sure if they are the same but i have parts from my '56, let me know if ya can use them