1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Bigger Oil FIlter and reservoir upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 04:21 AM
JustinSWeber
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bigger Oil FIlter and reservoir upgrade?

Hey everyone, Sorry for the no posts in a bit... Working 3 positions eats at you... That said. This Sat im dropping my tank and performing the ITP in tank pickup mod and adding a basic Baldwin filter to it as well... (The idea being getting ready to swap in 1 AD injector or 8 AC injectors when I find the time to do the ITP Reg return kit. ) That Said... I was browsing on here add saw someone using the bypass filter setup to use 2 standard filters? Is the Amisal Filter-block valved... Restricted so running to standard oil filters would be a bad idea? My B Day is coming and Im hoping to my G/F will treat me to a Bypass filter setup... I lost an IHC 392 to a bad external filter setup so Im very very sensitive about filtering my oil... Any thoughts about the bypass filters? {Does anyone have a part number for a OIL filter that will hld a quart or 2 more? } Very long filter I know but I love the idea of have more oil on tap.

2nd late night rambling question... I have seen the reservoir update on one vendors site... I have read that some dual HPOP setups run out of oil and end up running a mod to resolve oil starvation issues... Have we as a community considered machining a larger (Significantly... 2 qts more ) reservoir? Just a thought for the boys and girls stepping up to really big oil... For me.. .I have a new HPOP and plan on 160cc ACs so Im good but I still like the idea of more oil... See what too little sleep and 218am will do.

Night,

Justin

Old 05-16-2008, 06:49 AM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont know of a longer filter, but there is a dent in the oil pan that allows the filter to come straight down, from the oil cooler it connects to. If you can take your filter in to a big rig shop (maybe the IH 444 filter is longer?) you could get them to match the thread pattern and the contact width? As far as bypass oil, the best out there im concerned with is Oilguard. I run one, and it does a great job. It does for everyone else too. The problem with big oil systems is that it technically doubles the amount of oil that is coming out of the reservoir feeding two pumps at full bore, all the time.... The cure for this is to run a pressure line from somewhere down at the block (some use the oil cooler test port, run a #4 or #6 braided stainless line to the other fitting on the top of the HPO reservoir, and now that it's being fed from two areas, it shouldnt be a problem.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:21 AM
jwhitetail
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amsoil has what your looking for. I use the 110 bypass 2qrt filter.