Delaware Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: pbsdaddy

May Chat Thread.... ALL Welcome Part 4

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 07:58 PM
fire240
FTE Legend
Received 245 Likes on 237 Posts
Yes I am Neil. The only downside is trying to find an outlet so I can plug my portable dvd player in so I can charge it because the battery just died.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:07 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 157 Likes on 93 Posts
I came home for lunch today and the neighbors sieberian husky was running wild again. Keep in mind this is the dog who attacked another small dog in the neighborhood costing the owner over $500 in vet bills, which the neighbor refused to pay. This is also the dog that attached a neighbor across the street from me.

Well anyway, I get out of the truck and this dog comes charging me. I stood my ground and the dog stopped. When I turned my back and started walking to the house, the dog growled and came at me again. I finally made it in the house without getting bit.

So I get ready to leave for an appointment and my little part rat terrier goes out with me. Here comes the Huskie charging at me again. We my dog jumps in between me and the Huskie. The Huskie goes right for my dogs neck and has her on the ground biting the living daylights out of her. Keep in mind the Huskie is 5 times the size of our dog.

I get our dog free and we head for the house. The husky charges me again and my dog again trying to protect me gets in between us and again the Husky has her down biting the heck out of her.

Well I run and get something to beat the husky off Abby, our dog. I started chasing the husky with a rake down the wet driveway, slipped on the oak crap that was like mush and fell head first into the driveway on my left side.

It feels like a terrible muscle pull or cracked rib. I can barely get up once I set down. It is extremely difficult for me to turn left without being in pain. Hopefully the motrin will help with the pain.

Right now, I'm doubtfull for the mod party unless the meds help quite a lot.

What gets me is the owners try to say the dog was playing. Well a dog that shows his teeth is NOT playing. So I told the neighbor that I will play with his dog next time with some cold hard steel.

SPCA picked up the dog once before and released it to the owner.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:11 PM
fire240
FTE Legend
George that sucks. I hope you feel better and I hope that your dog is okay as well. Did you file a police report?

Old 05-09-2008, 08:12 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That stinks that you are the one that gets damaged because the neighbor cannot/will not be responsible with their animal. I'm sure you made a report to the animal control authorities.

BBQ Chicken, cole slaw and desserts are just the thing for pain. If you are going to be hurtin' anyway, you might as well be eatin' good.lol

Old 05-09-2008, 08:13 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
The wife did and I gave the info to my son in law who is a state trooper.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:15 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Well Barry said I could ride with him, but I don't want to mess his day up in case I have to leave early. It's a 2 hour drive for me oneway.

On a lighter note, I have my new ram air hood painted and installed.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:17 PM
fire240
FTE Legend
Thats good George. Hopefully something good will come out of this.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:19 PM
fire240
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by glruff
Well Barry said I could ride with him, but I don't want to mess his day up in case I have to leave early. It's a 2 hour drive for me oneway.

On a lighter note, I have my new ram air hood painted and installed.
George glad to hear that the hood is on your truck.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:22 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Thanks Shaun, almost a year getting the hood straightened out with Cervinis

Old 05-09-2008, 08:24 PM
350steve
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feel better george..The owners should be held responsible for it's actions and Something has to be done with that dog before it does hurt anyone else..

Old 05-09-2008, 08:25 PM
fire240
FTE Legend
I can understand that George. Shoot it has been over a year before I finally bought a new front license plate bracket for my truck. I will probably put it on tommorrow. Only downside is I have to drill out the rivets that hold the old one in place.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:30 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 306 Likes on 281 Posts
George, I know how you feel and am sorry to hear that you got hurt in this mess. I also hope that Abby is doing well.

My neighbors have a German Sheppard that they let run loose. He basically feels that my parent's property, mine and a couple of other neighbors yards is his. I see him in my yard at least two times a day and of course mine is the second one on his stop and I am also the first one that has dogs.

The shephard has a tendency to have a bowel movement in my yard. I know that they are his because they are about 4 times the size of my dog's and the only other neighbor that has dogs is 3 houses up the road and they keep their dogs in a pen. He has been doing it more in my front yard since we got our puppy as that is where we have started to train her there. We do have a pen that the other two can access right of our deck.

We do like to take our dogs for walks on our property and we have had times that he just comes right on in a does his business and it drives my dogs crazy. For being bassett hounds, the older ones are very protective of their property.

It is a shame that other people have no consideration for other people.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:31 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
George glad to hear that you finally got your hood squared away.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:32 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Thanks guys, I will see that something is done. I have two young grandsons that visit and luv to play in the yard.

I will call the SPCA daily if necessary until something is done.

Well its got to be an early night for me. I have been sitting up too long and can tell it.

At least I was able to attend my Father's 80th birthday dinner tonite. He was very happy that all of our family got together.

Took him to a really fine restaruant, a place he would never go, but always want to, because the entrees start at $20 and he thinks that should be the cost for 2 dinners. lol

See ya all at 6a ish I hope.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:33 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Okay guys, I am heading out for a little. I have to help the wifey give our sick dog some fluids by IV and Numb3ers will be on by the time we get done.

If I don't make it back on.... everyone that is going to the mod party have fun andeveryone else have a good weekend.

ttyl

Quick Reply: May Chat Thread.... ALL Welcome Part 4