Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

VITON 5/16 and 3/8 FUEL LINE SLEEVES

Old 05-06-2008, 10:14 AM
MLCRI$I$ II
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question VITON 5/16 and 3/8 FUEL LINE SLEEVES

ATTENTION ADMINISTRATORS: Is this the right place for a post of this type? PLEASE let me know if this is not an acceptable topic or if it needs to be moved elsewhere. Not a business. No MLM nonsense. Just trying to help.

Would like to know if any 7.3 owners using the 5/16" and 3/8" return and supply FUEL LINE SLEEVES are interested in upgrading to VITON sleeves instead of the stock butyl rubber sleeves?

After a lot of searching I found both sizes in VITON. Before I buy a quantity of these I would like to know how much interest in buying these is out there.

They should be somewhere around $3.00 EACH for the 5/16" size and the 3/8" sleeves around $3.75 EACH. These prices are pretty close and may even be a little cheaper. I don't know yet because I need to know what you all think first.

Buy the quantity you want or need. That's up to you. The REAL SAVINGS will be the POSTAGE. I will send them out FIRST CLASS in an ENVELOPE maybe costing about $1.00 - $1.50 for postage and an envelope.

I started searching many diesel sites for these o-ring sleeves and found them at reasonable prices compared to what the Ford stealerships wants for them...but the real rip-off is everyone's shipping charge! Averaging $5.00 - $8.00 shipping charges to send out 4 or 5 o-rings! Sent emails to all of them canceling my order because of the shipping cost!

I don't have a business or overhead costs, and certainly not looking to get rich on this, but if enough FTE guys/gals are interested I would be glad to help anyone that is interested.

IMPORTANT: I have not ordered these yet. Just looking to see if buying a large quantity is worth buying and who may be interested.

To help generate support for FTE, there is one catch. This offer is extended to FTE members showing SUPPORTER badges ONLY. I have learned a lot from this site and hope it stays around longer than my diesels do . Supporters are important to this site (and the T-Shirt is really cool too) and I just don't see enough of those SUPPORTER badges out there.

Thank you all. Tell me your thoughts. Good, bad, or indifferent .

Regards,

Ernie (MLCRI$I$ II)

Old 05-06-2008, 10:35 AM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I will be a supporter soon. That said, when I do I will not order from one of these offers. This is the second one of these posts I have seen in the last week. This is not the attitude I like to see on here. The offer should be available to all "members" not just suppoertes. Just my .02

Old 05-06-2008, 10:44 AM
MLCRI$I$ II
Tuned
Point taken. Let's see what everyone else thinks. Everything is subject to change. Thanks.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:11 AM
MLCRI$I$ II
Tuned
Administrator - Please Delete This Thread

No interest that I can see. Can't get a better price if I don't get any reponses. Seemed like something these guys might be interested, but it doesn't look that way. Sorry. There I go thinking again !

Old 05-08-2008, 09:24 AM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by DieselCamper01
I will be a supporter soon. That said, when I do I will not order from one of these offers. This is the second one of these posts I have seen in the last week. This is not the attitude I like to see on here. The offer should be available to all "members" not just suppoertes. Just my .02
I can see your point Jay, but the other thread was offered to supporters first, then opened up to others. Since he bought those stickers out of his own pocket and then shipped them out of his own pocket I don't have a problem with it. He only bought a certain number of stickers and decided to make sure any supporters that wanted them got them first.

As for Ernie here, he too is looking at making a financial commitment to purchase goods in bulk, hoping he will be re-payed. With all the internet scams you hear about does it not make sense to have some protection? Perhaps a minimum post count, or an obviously active member? I'm not sure, but there's nothing wrong with a little recruiting.

I think these types of things will all work out based upon demand. If enough supporters are interested things like this will work. If not, then you won't keep seeing these types of threads. Either way thanks for brining up how this looks from the other side of the fence.