Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Guys please give me some advise on a price for a 02 F150 Harley Davidson supercharged

Old 05-02-2008, 11:43 PM
ESTELIUS
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys please give me some advise on a price for a 02 F150 Harley Davidson supercharged

I have a guy offering me a very clean 02 Harley supercharged with only 22k original miles, he was asking 15k and i lowered him down to 13.5k, the only down side of this deal is that the truck has a salvage title but good airbags, good frame and suspension and again is really clean, is it a good deal guys?

Old 05-03-2008, 12:32 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
With a salvage title I wouldn't touch it. You can't take his word that the airbags, frame and suspension is good. With a salvage title the odds are there is frame damage, and no matter what anyone tells you putting the truck on a frame straightening chassis will never get it like it was before the accident. A salvage title, in most states, would mean this truck has had probably $15,0000 - $20,000 dollars of damage.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:44 AM
ESTELIUS
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the info bro, as far as the inspection goes i've done my homework, i took it to perry ford in san diego with a friend of mine that is a master mechanic, they did a full inspection including motor compretion test and the truck passed with flying colors, my question again is what's a clean title worth and what it would be a fair price for this one? because i'm really in love with it.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:59 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
There are no set values, though typically you find the fair market value of these trucks in your area ( kbb.com and autotrader.com will help with this ). Then subtract at least 20% from that, and up to 50%, depending on how extensive the original accident damage was. Here's some good info:

Salvage Title

Old 05-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Also, check with your insurance company to see what they will cover for you.

I know some companies won't insure a salvage titled vehicle for any collision repairs, just comprehensive and medical, so you'd be SOL for fixing the truck if you ever got in another collision.

Stewart

Search this Thread