Bio Diesel = Meth Lab + Bombs

Old 03-23-2008, 12:38 AM
tr0y
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bio Diesel = Meth Lab + Bombs

I was out gathering parts today for my Dr Pepper bottle tests and building a processor. I was just bumming around in tshirt and camo shorts, thinking nothing of this, buying weird chemicals with a truck full of strange crap.

I had the Home Depot lady freak out on me when I asked her where I could find the lye, why do you need that ? You need a perscription for that ... Nut Job, then a couple of HD staff followed me around the store while I picked up the rest of my parts.

You could tell these people were pretty freaked out, then just to be an *** I paid in cash as to leave no record of my purchases.

What has happened to this country, my generation I am 40, are just such a bunch of paranoid chickens. If it isn't a starbucks and a volvo they are scared of it .....

Old 03-23-2008, 08:15 AM
mejonz
Senior User
yeh somethings are going over the top I'm 48 and go to some hardware stores and get watched like I'm going to rob the place. since 9/11 people have been scared of everything around them. seems like common sense has gone out the door and staying up late at night thinking abuot stuff that complicates your life is in along with volves & starbucks. good luck with the bio diesel

Old 03-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Rushmore X
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
meth is a big thing, especially when someone overhears "methoxide". Tends to get a few looks your way.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:28 PM
secondarychaos
Posting Guru
honestly, how far is methoxide from methamphetimines?

Old 03-27-2008, 05:37 AM
1994diesel
Elder User
haha, ive had the same experience, people giving you weird looks cause you pushing out a kart full of potent chemicals, and when you tell your friend that your making methoxide for biodiesel they still give you this look, wondering what the hell you are into? lol

Old 03-27-2008, 08:18 AM
Phydeaux88
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by secondarychaos
honestly, how far is methoxide from methamphetimines?
Totaly different animal.

The Methamphetimine molecule is very complex with a ring feature and an amino group. C10H15N

Sodium Methoxide a very simple molecule. Na C H3O

Old 03-27-2008, 07:13 PM
tr0y
Tuned
One lets you make fuel to drive your diesel ... the other makes you want to steal the stereo from a diesel.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:10 PM
monckywrench
Cargo Master
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
"I had the Home Depot lady freak out on me when I asked her where I could find the lye, why do you need that ? You need a perscription for that ..."

I have "condescending technical explanation to shut up the stupid" down to an art. It was honed dealing with military idiots, so civilian idiots are easy.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:05 PM
scatgo
Posting Guru
Got a cold wet to a CVS to get something for it. When I went to the cold remedy section I saw that a lot of the stuff just had a card in its place that said you have to get it at the counter. Went to the counter with a card for Sudefed. Whe I handed the card to the kid she asked me for my drivers license. I thought she was going to ID me because I heard you have to be 21 to get over the counters but then she swiped my lincese and said Ishe had to log the purchase. After that I had to singh paper work that said I was not going to use that product to make any ilegal substance. It looks to me like the meth problem is going to creep more and more into our lives with tighter restrictions and bans on stuff we neen to get. Good luck if any thing you need to make bio is used to make meth or any other bad things because it might become banded or you might get looked at if someone in your hood is up to no good and you are on a list of bying a product that is being used for eligal things.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Iversen-fords
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking about Meth my neighbor and the guy across the street were making and dealing meth. The guy across the street had are whole swat team at his front door one night and was hauled away and never seen again. Then the guy next to us would blair his Godsmack and other heavy metal bands all night long, then one week when i was gone he was busted and the whole poilce department was there searching his house. After hearing meth was involved i quickly understood why there was music thumping at like 3 in the morining.

All i got to say after all this crap around are house is that i live in the crappy side of town.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:14 AM
HAB
Senior User
Hell, I live in a very rural part of the country and Meth is just as bad here.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:53 PM
secondarychaos
Posting Guru
YA, small town Grass valley, CA and it's a huge problem here...
And it's good to have it cleared up that methoxide is such a small simple molecule compared to that train of a molecule meth.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:19 AM
diofanbo
New User
Chemicals

i have a lot of friends in west virginia ,methanol has nothing to do with methamphetamines... sudaphed does and sometimes vicks

Old 04-05-2008, 11:23 AM
diofanbo
New User
chemicals

I have however heard of a "dipper" dip a cigarrette in methanol let it dry then smoke it... EEEEEEWWWW what some people are willing to do just to get high is disturbing

Old 04-05-2008, 11:25 AM
diofanbo
New User
Ive never once gotten high but after hearing about all this crap I say legalize marijuana to get people away from this kind of thing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bio Diesel = Meth Lab + Bombs