07' F250 CC stereo system install

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 06:35 PM
ajs 250
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 07' F250 CC stereo system install

Hello, FTE! I finally had time to post the pics of my amateur install.

ok heres what i have so far,

enclosure: supercrewsound.com F-250 / F-350 Crew Cab 99-08 BTS Triple Subwoofer box with 3-10in cutouts

subs: 3 - ImageDynamics 10in D2v.3 dual 2 ohm Subwoofers wired in series-parallel (1.67ohms total) each speaker is rated at 250w rms/450w max

amp: audiobahn 18001DT ** rated at 1800w@ 1ohm (it was cheap and its been working fine for about 4months now)

ordering the head unit soon: Kenwood DNX-7100 head unit (yea i know, i should have ordered this first )

so here are pics!!!

checking the fit

its a tight fit! the speakers have very little clearance. btw, ill post pics of the speakers loaded in the enclosure later.

here is the amp

i removed the fold out bench from under the rear seat. the amp was bolted to the floor (not shown in pic), i ran the 4 gauge cable and the remote wire down the middle of the cab. im using an outrigger switch (sw. #4) for the remote signal, so i can turn off/on the amp when ever i need to. i also installed a 50amp circuit breaker (from autozone) inline with amp. for now, im using a high to low converter tapped from the rear speakers. stock head unit for the meanwhile! it sounds good to my ears, so i cant complain. ill take more pics soon..... if u guys see anything wrong or have any sugguestions please tell me cuz like i said im an amateur...

thanks to mark @ supercrewsound.com and to all u guys on FTE for ur help!

if u have any questions shoot me an IM, im here to share the info!!

heres a pic of my truck...its stock for now!

Old 04-30-2008, 07:24 PM
mooch91
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks clean so far... keep us posted as you progress!

Old 04-30-2008, 10:09 PM
bgalaxy67
Elder User
Looks damn good.

I had that Abahn amp, actually 8 of them and that series puts out some serious power.

My only suggestion is to look at bigger power wire down the line. That amp can draw about 160 amps and at full tilt can be a little much for 4G wire.

keep the pics coming

Old 04-30-2008, 11:53 PM
ajs 250
New User
thanks guys! yea i knew that 4g might not be big enough but thats what i had laying around so thats what i went with.... pics coming soon!

Old 05-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Beerstalker
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lookin good so far.

I don't know if you realized this, but Kenwood has come out with new models this year. The DNX-7120 is the new model that replaced the 7100. It has updated features that you might want to look into.
Kenwood DNX7120 - In-dash Navigation, DVD, CD, MP3 Receiver with Remote • 6.95" Wide touchscreen display • 50W x 4 chan. Max • 22W x 4 chan. RMS • Playback of DVD±R/RW, DivX, VCD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, AAC, MP3, and WMA • SAT, HD Radio, Bluetooth, and iPo

They also added a new model the DNX-8120. It is an Excelon model so it has a lot more features, including built in bluetooth phone capability.
Kenwood eXcelon DNX8120 - eXcelon Series In-dash Navigation, DVD, CD, MP3 Receiver with Remote • 6.95" Wide touchscreen display • 50W x 4 chan. Max • 22W x 4 chan. RMS • Playback of DVD±R/RW, DivX, VCD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, AAC, MP3, and WMA • SAT, HD Ra

If you have a tighter budget they also now have the DNX-5120.
Kenwood DNX5120 - In-dash Navigation, DVD, CD, MP3 Receiver • 6.1" Touchscreen LCD display • 50W x 4 chan. Max • 22W x 4 chan. Max • Playback of DVD, DVD±R/RW, DivX, VCD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, AAC, MP3, WMA, and JPEG • SAT Radio, HD Radio, and iPod Ready

SonicElectronix has been really good to me in the past, so I can recommend buying from them if you want to save a few bucks. They are not an authorized Kenwood dealer, but they offer a one year warranty themselves, so if something breaks, you just send it to them and they send you a new one.

I personally have debated upgrading to the DNX-8120 and selling all my stuff on ebay.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:04 PM
livinNorCal
New User
I'm about to get my system put in. What did you do with the 2 vents on the back cab wall? I have a sub box going there. Did they get in the way during the install?

Old 09-15-2010, 06:32 PM
bgalaxy67
Elder User
I have done boxes against to wall in the past and what I do is remove the vent and then cover the hole with some sound deadner

Old 09-15-2010, 08:31 PM
livinNorCal
New User
Thanks dude for the response, I was already going to dynamat it. By removing the vents, did you notice a difference closing your doors. That's what those vents are for. Also did you have a problem with any moisture coming in the cab with just dynamat covering the holes. I have a lot of money tied up in this system, just want to make sure nothing gets ruined. Thanks again

Old 09-15-2010, 09:04 PM
mooch91
Senior User
Check out the third page of my build thread:
2007 Ford F-350 crew cab build - Page 3 - DIYMA.com

I didn't like covering both vents, so I did one. Tried something a bit more than just covering it with dynamat to avoid picking up so much dirt on the outside.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:14 PM
bgalaxy67
Elder User
Originally Posted by livinNorCal
Thanks dude for the response, I was already going to dynamat it. By removing the vents, did you notice a difference closing your doors. That's what those vents are for. Also did you have a problem with any moisture coming in the cab with just dynamat covering the holes. I have a lot of money tied up in this system, just want to make sure nothing gets ruined. Thanks again
Moisture and cabin pressure haven't been an issue for the ones I have done. Of course I don't live where it's wet all the time either.

Mooch's plastic cover was a pretty pimp solution too

Old 09-16-2010, 03:14 AM
livinNorCal
New User
I really liked your step by step on your truck mooch. Did your box hit your plastic vent. Still trying to figure a way to keep ventilation while keeping dirt and water out. I worry about things like that, its what I do. By the way galaxy, I live 40 miles north of you, it can rain quite a bit up here, depending on the winter. I also drive on dusty muddy job sites. I do enough off road driving on and off work to worry about it. Thanks to the both of you for your inputs. I have been trying to find info on this for a while. Not really a whole lot. Trying to get this right the 1st time and learn from other peoples trial and errors. I had a truck with a system before, but new truck, new problems. Putting my 70 sq ft of dynamat and new 200amp alternator in this weekend. Getting it prepped for the big install

Old 09-16-2010, 05:15 AM
mooch91
Senior User
Originally Posted by livinNorCal
I really liked your step by step on your truck mooch. Did your box hit your plastic vent. Still trying to figure a way to keep ventilation while keeping dirt and water out. I worry about things like that, its what I do. By the way galaxy, I live 40 miles north of you, it can rain quite a bit up here, depending on the winter. I also drive on dusty muddy job sites. I do enough off road driving on and off work to worry about it. Thanks to the both of you for your inputs. I have been trying to find info on this for a while. Not really a whole lot. Trying to get this right the 1st time and learn from other peoples trial and errors. I had a truck with a system before, but new truck, new problems. Putting my 70 sq ft of dynamat and new 200amp alternator in this weekend. Getting it prepped for the big install
Keep in mind, my cover fits just inside the opening of the plastic vent, meaning the butyl of the dynamat is still what seals around the edge of the opening. I just didn't like having a tacky piece of butyl completely exposed to the exterior of the truck, so the plastic takes up much of the exposed space. Didn't want to give anyone the impression that the plastic covers the edges of the opening too - which I would imagine could leak. I've seen no leakage with mine. I can try to explain better if this doesn't make sense.

My box completely covers the driver's side vent, which is why it needed to be removed. It was designed to avoid the passenger's side, which is why that one is still in place.

I initially wanted to get rid of both because the passenger side has a tendency to "buzz" when the bass hits. I ultimately left it in and loaded the back wall with dynamat which made a HUGE difference to the vibrations. I don't notice any now.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:44 AM
livinNorCal
New User
I plan to dynamat the whole back cab. One of my ideas is grind off the vent as flush as I can get it. The box I have is a prefab, I know I should have built a custom. Wouldn't have gotten anymore airspace if I did. Ground shakers is the name of the company, 1.50cu ft. It will be snug. I wasn't happy with all the reviews of all the shallow subs, even the single JL 13". I'm waiting for my pair of Polk mobile monitor 12"s. They have a depth mount of 4.5" I will router the inside of box if needed for clearance. I have a Hifonics mono 900watt @ 2ohms for subs. Pods being built for rear doors for 6.5 infinity kappas. 2 more sets 6.5 infinity kappas in front doors and kick panels up front. Alpine 4X75 and Orion 2X100 for mids and highs. Alpine deck with Eclipse EQ. 200 amp alternator, dynamat, 3 farad cap. I think thats it. If you guys see anything I missed or need to know about this build, please let me know. You guys probably already know about these sites, I got really good prices at Onlinecarstereo.com and Techronics.com. Best prices I could find.