1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

94.5 F350 PSD crew cab 4x4- potential flip

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 11:37 PM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
94.5 F350 PSD crew cab 4x4- potential flip

I have a line on this truck and it's been advertised for quite a while... not sure why the owner is having such a hard time selling. It sounds like it needs glow plugs and the clutch pedal fix but other than that pretty sound. Has a superchip and a K&N intake, custom front bumper, nice wheels and tires, and a toolbox- 175K on the clock. I'm trying to put feelers out to see if I decide to go for it how much interest there would be in it- I'd have to turn it around pretty quick to keep from having 2 truck payments.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:14 AM
immastrokinnow
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if its cheap enough, buy it then part it out. or if not im sure you could sell it one way or another

Old 04-30-2008, 06:14 AM
MLCinNCTX
Senior User
If you can not carry the money several months I would pass. The diesel truck values are starting to fall. To make any money on a deal like this you would have to buy the truck at about 50% of book. This would give you room for the repairs and to sell it at maybe 75% of book. Remember you will be a motivated seller to avoid the extra payment.

The parting out may be the best idea, but may take longer to recover your money. Doing something like this is best don't with your own saved money. Interest and the impact to you cash flow will make this a less enjoyable project.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:35 AM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
The guy is asking less than trade-in value, but it's been advertised at least a few months so I'm wondering if there isn't more wrong than what he's letting on. If I only had copious amounts of cash laying around I'd just go for it and take my chances... unfortunately the copious amounts of cash are nowhere to be seen

Old 04-30-2008, 10:18 AM
secondarychaos
Posting Guru
Trucks are selling slow right now, but parts are still going steady.
If you take a good look over it, hear it run, etc, and think it's good, tear it to pieces and sell it all.