Old 05-20-2008, 01:33 PM
barecove
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kennedy has malignant brain tumor

Sen. Edward Kennedy has malignant brain tumor

Email| Text size – + May 20, 2008 02:30 PM

By Globe Staff
US Senator Edward M. Kennedy, the veteran senator from Massachusetts who is the last surviving brother in the legendary Kennedy family, has been diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor, his doctors said today.
<table spacing="5" align="left" width="178"><tbody><tr><td> Senator Edward M. Kennedy</td></tr></tbody></table> Doctors investigating the cause of a seizure that led to Kennedy's hospitalization this weekend said that preliminary results from a brain biopsy indicated the cause of the seizure was a tumor in the top left portion of his brain.
The usual course of treatment for the tumor -- a "malignant glioma" -- includes combinations of various forms of radiation and chemotherapy, Dr. Lee Schwamm, vice chairman of the neurology department at Massahusetts General Hospital, and Dr. Larry Ronan, Kennedy's primary care physician, said in a statement.
The doctors said decisions regarding the best course of treatment for the 76-year-old senator would be determined after further testing and analysis.
"He has had no further seizures, remains in good overall condition, and is up and walking around the hospital," the statement said. "Senator Kennedy will remain at Massachusetts General Hospital for the next couple of days according to routine protocol. He remains in good spirits and full of energy."

full story: Sen. Edward Kennedy has malignant brain tumor - Local News Updates - The Boston Globe

Old 05-20-2008, 02:29 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,091 Likes on 4,180 Posts
Steve...I saw that earlier...whether you like him or not...you have to wish him well in his recovery!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 02:30 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
I just read about that..

Talk about hard luck..

That is one family that has had more than their share..

He is probably not going to be around long... Not good when it gets in the brain..

Old 05-20-2008, 03:43 PM
PSD DickW
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish him well and hope he can recover. I lost my Father and a good friend to that awful disease.