1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Exxon's made some money

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 10:05 AM
JDMick
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We need to get the government out of making energy policy and leave it to the free market. That means allowing companies to drill for oil wherever possible. It also means not subsidizing foolish things like ethanol (they currently receive at least $1.90 per gallon). Instead we need to allow technologies such as coal liquefaction to go forward without fear that the government will decide they don't like it. The Democrat governor from Montana was on TV last night to confirm that companies are afraid to invest billions of dollars in something that may be declared too harmful to the environment even though it would provide us with decades worth of low cost energy. Global warming hysteria seems to have overtaken all rational thought when it comes to our future energy needs. If you're really afraid of global warming you better embrace nuclear power because changing your incandescent bulbs into the fluorescent ones isn't gonna cut it. If you're convinced the oil companies are fixing prices then we need to bust them up like Teddy Roosevelt did to increase competition. Just don't give me more government solutions.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:41 AM
cmoritz
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems to me ,if you flood the market with new barrels of oil, the price will go down...IF you could refine it..LoL
Might have to take me up a new profession...custom caribou seat covers...

Old 04-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking Remember when?

Hey guys, remember when this board was all about FORD TRUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! I got opinions on this subject, and I agree with some of you and disagree with some of you BUT can we please get back to talking about Ford trucks? Thats why I came to this board in the first place. What do all the newbies think??

Old 04-30-2008, 12:23 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
It's costing a lot more to put gas in my trucks' gas tank!

Old 04-30-2008, 06:34 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
In talking amongst my co-workers and friends over the years, I've said one thing, and I'll make a quick note of it here. There's nothing I can do to affect the change in gas prices. All I can do is roll with the punches. In truck terms, that means I will continue to build my truck, so that I can drive it. It may cost me more money to drive it, but I'll be smiling along the way nonetheless.

As for the latest off topics in the last couple months, I can only figure it's because we've all slowed down in building them due to economic concerns. I'm no exception to that. Or, maybe we're all still waiting for Spring to arrive. Such cyclic trivialities, lol.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:58 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Havi,

You basically have the same outlook as me. I think we get into off topic subjects because we are a family here. We should stick with truck related topics but the price of gas really does affect our hobby. We just have to keep control of our emotions and not let it tear us appart.

As for the price of gas and not being able to drive our trucks as much as I would want, I look at this way; I would rather ration my truck fuel by driving some place and parking it so others can see me in it. I think I look a lot cooler in my parked old truck than the baggy pants, half way down to his ankles, showing his boxers kid in his coffee can exhaust enhanced, erector set spoiler, blaring hip hop radio rice burner fartng down the street.