1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Keep loosing my clutch disengaugment

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 07:03 AM
Butch(OH)
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep loosing my clutch disengaugment

When I bought my 97SD the clutch would just barely disengauge far enough so it could be shoved in gear. I replaced the plastic bushing and everything was OK for a few months and problems came back (bushing is still OK) I took the pedal box out and replaced those bushings and gained enough that I could get it in gear again and know after a few thousand miles the problem is returning. I have no slack in the pivots or plastic bushing. Seems to be no problems with lever movement on the bell housing when the pedal is pushed. Seems like I read once that these are symtoms of the DM flywheel going out? Is that so or where do I go next. Getting hard to get into gear when running and stopped. Also has anyone used the solid flywheel set by Perfection? They are sold by Adavance Auto and I have a buddy with a shop and he gets a huge discount there His price for the set is less than $400.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:27 AM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure about the DMF symptoms or "Perfection" brand SMF. There are a couple sponsors above that sell good replacement DMF kits. There are other choices too, someone will come along an suggest them.

Clutch rod bushing permanent repair:
eBay Motors: FORD Clutch Rod End PERMANENT Repair powerstroke too. (item 260232015535 end time Apr-26-08 10:30:46 PDT)
Search ebay for 'ford clutch rod' repair if the link doesn't work.