Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Diesel Secret Energy

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 10:54 PM
200PSD
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diesel Secret Energy

With diesel pushing $4.15 per gallon I am looking at alternatives to fuel supply and I came across this website for homemade diesel fuel. So I thought I would come to the source that has answered a ton of my questions regarding my diesel and see if anyone has had any experience with this company or recommend another source.

Diesel Secret Energy - Alternative Biofuel Biodiesel

Thanks in advance
DK

Old 04-22-2008, 01:15 AM
masterglaizer
New User
hi
i have been using the diesel secret energy system for over a year now with no ill effects to my truck, save one: i cannot smoke ppl out anymore when they do somthing stupid on the road and make me mad!!
my truck runs smoother, quieter and cleaner.
also there is no noticeable power loss.
my truck is a 1999 f-350 w/ 7.3 tdi.
the main thing i can tell you about using this system is try to get your oil as water free as possible dse says to use a water block filter, and i do, but the filter will only take out so mutch then the water starts to bypass.
espically if you get soap in the water, also if you get soap and water in your mix its ruined. water and oil will naturally seperate, but i have a batch of trash fuel that has been sitting for 8 months because it has saop and water in it.
i spent approx. 2000 on my plant because i did not like the trashcan idea. i used a closed top 55 gal drum for a holding tank and made a sealed system. i live in texas and it can get pretty dusty around here so i dicided to save myself some money on filters and go with a sealed system. its not perfect but it works well. any questions please ask and i will answer as best as i can

Old 04-22-2008, 01:51 AM
orng1
Postmaster
Did you make it yourself or did you buy a kit? Do you have any pictures of your set up?

Old 04-22-2008, 01:56 AM
masterglaizer
New User
Originally Posted by orng1
Did you make it yourself or did you buy a kit? Do you have any pictures of your set up?
i built the rig myself. no i don't have any pics but i can get some in the morning. but it is nothing special a 55 gal. drum on its side with a pump to recirculate the oil and to pump it out through the filters.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Diesel Secret Energy is a ripoff. Check many bio-diesel and WVO sites, none of them recommend it.

First, all the chemicals contained in DSE can be purchased in a hardware store for a much cheaper price.

Second, the process that DSE uses to prepare WVO for use in our trucks is COMPLETELY WRONG AND WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS DOWN THE ROAD.

WVO is something I personally won't run in my truck. However, if you do decide to run it, you have to follow a very tedious cleaning process, and you MUST heat it (DSE says you don't even need to heat it which is bogus). Cleaning WVO takes days, some people use a cleaning process that takes a week or two. Also, all WVO users will always say that the oil must be warm when injected to minimize that waxy buildup on the injector nozzles and inside the combustion chamber, as well as burn properly.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:12 AM
masterglaizer
New User
Smile

i now have pics but not putting them here too much pain. i can e-mail to you if you wish.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:25 AM
masterglaizer
New User
Originally Posted by Pocket
Diesel Secret Energy is a ripoff. Check many bio-diesel and WVO sites, none of them recommend it.

First, all the chemicals contained in DSE can be purchased in a hardware store for a much cheaper price.

Second, the process that DSE uses to prepare WVO for use in our trucks is COMPLETELY WRONG AND WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS DOWN THE ROAD.

WVO is something I personally won't run in my truck. However, if you do decide to run it, you have to follow a very tedious cleaning process, and you MUST heat it (DSE says you don't even need to heat it which is bogus). Cleaning WVO takes days, some people use a cleaning process that takes a week or two. Also, all WVO users will always say that the oil must be warm when injected to minimize that waxy buildup on the injector nozzles and inside the combustion chamber, as well as burn properly.

and why would they? they are using a system that is time consuming and expensive. bio takes at least 24 hrs to make wvo systems need a seperate tank, switches,heater core inside the tank and then all the plumbing that goes along with it. and then you have to remember to switch between pump diesel and oil and back again!! what a pain. do what you want. i dont have the money to buy pump diesel at 150.00 per week.you on the other hand seem to have plenty judging from the pics. so i will continue to use this stuff and put the extra money in a savings account for a rainy day!!

Old 04-23-2008, 08:04 AM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
I have a better idea, put that extra money in an account marked "new 7.3 liter engine fund" If you are using that snake oil, you will be buying a new one.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by masterglaizer

and why would they? they are using a system that is time consuming and expensive. bio takes at least 24 hrs to make wvo systems need a seperate tank, switches,heater core inside the tank and then all the plumbing that goes along with it. and then you have to remember to switch between pump diesel and oil and back again!! what a pain. do what you want. i dont have the money to buy pump diesel at 150.00 per week.you on the other hand seem to have plenty judging from the pics. so i will continue to use this stuff and put the extra money in a savings account for a rainy day!!
Don't get me wrong. I'm not against anyone running WVO. Feel free to do so. But if you plan to use WVO, do it right. Read up on how to filter and process WVO, then go above and beyond what they recommend for washing and filtering. I personally don't have all the time to properly prepare WVO, and I don't have the room for it in my garage. Besides, even properly filtered and processed WVO can still cause issues, and it will leave deposits over time (the better you process WVO, the less buildup you have). I prefer bio-diesel since the process of making bio removes the glycerin and other chemicals in the oil that cause these deposits in the first place.

The problem I have is with Diesel Secret Energy. They are without question a complete ripoff. Look at their website, there is no way you can properly prepare WVO in 15 minutes, yet that's what they advertise. They say that there is no heating required, but ask any WVO expert and they will tell you that you MUST heat it. They say that they "demulsify" the water in the oil. Look up that definition and you'll see that they are full of it. The water has to go somewhere, and I'm sure they aren't splitting up the water molecules into pure hydrogen and oxygen. I would not spend a penny to support them. They are just like all the other con artists out there such as the Fitch Fuel Catalyst and so on. They won't even tell you what you are putting into your engine, since they keep their "formula" a secret. Any legitimate company out there selling any type of fuel additive will always tell you exactly what you are putting into your engine. If a company refuses to tell you, they are hiding something and trying to rip you off. It's common sense, plain and simple.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:00 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Curtis, Not that I would expect any less but that was a great, level headed response. I agree with your thought process completely. What are they hiding if they will not tell you the specifics. ALWAYS that should be a big red flag.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:13 PM
firemediceric
Senior User
I have often said that DSE is preying and profiting on people's ignorance. DSE would have you believe that the process is much simpiliar and quicker than the often successful steps to blending are. That said, the fact that DSE is still around taking people's money is a testimonial that blending does work.

As someone who is active in reading on various forums, I haven't seen anymore negative first hand reports on blending than I have regarding two tank WVO systems and biodiesel.

I think there are many people that get started with DSE and then tweak the process to make a better quality fuel than one would with the simplistic DSE process. If DSE or the DSE type process was destroying as many vehicles as some would have you believe, I really think you would see more negative FIRST HAND reports than what I have been reading.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:27 PM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't like their business tactics and there is a lot more to running straight WVO than they would have you believe. Curtis elaborated on that.

However, blending is possible, but risky. firemedic does bring up a good point. DSE has been around since mid 2005 and have a lot of infomercials on tv. you think you would hear a lot more first hand negative reports.

i still won't buy it, but to each his own.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:39 PM
200PSD
New User
THank you for the information. It seemed a little too good to be true so I thought I would check with all of you and now I know to avoid DSE and look for some other options.

Thanks again

Old 04-23-2008, 06:45 PM
aklim
Lead Driver

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by empiretc
I don't like their business tactics and there is a lot more to running straight WVO than they would have you believe. Curtis elaborated on that.

When people have the "secret" part in their name or "things your so and so doesn't want you to know" or things of that ilk, I suspect them immediately