1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

freaking waste of money

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 08:04 PM
2 stroke man
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
freaking waste of money

gosh! i have never seen a waste of money like friggin prom! 60 mile trip to take her to get a prom dress plus missing a saturday of work to get the dress. then 100 more miles to go get a dang dinner dress. then a saturday to go to prom, including a $40 dinner and another 100 mile round trip to richmond, and $80+ dollars to wear a stupid suit one night. i coulda bought kawa a 10 meter radio lol! sorry to rant, but all that money to make a chick happy for one night! its a lot easier and cheaper to make me happy. =)

Old 04-20-2008, 08:06 PM
immastrokinnow
Elder User
you only live 50 miles from richmond. Va

Old 04-20-2008, 08:10 PM
2 stroke man
Postmaster
no, richmond KY. nearest place with good restraunts. they got RED LOBSTER, o charlies, applebees, hooters, and lots more. we got cracker barrell, and sonnys. i may get cheap and just stay in town and go to sonnies. then i could go turkey hunting that morning lol

Old 04-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Monica82895
Senior User
try having 3 daughters and going through that 3 times...it wasnt so much the money(to make the chicks happy)it was the all night parties that were supplied with alcohol or whatever with the parents permission(after all it was better to know where they were and kept safe,whatever !!!)Then theres always the thought,your alive and have a date,some people werent or will not be as lucky as you.I went to a prom in high school,in my first year with a senior boy,couldnt figure out what the hype was...

Old 04-20-2008, 08:18 PM
93f1505.0L
Elder User
Heck i thinkn Sonnys is better than all those places. I spent about 150 on fuel dinner and tickets and i left 1 hour in too.

Have any luck with the turkeys this year? Today was the last day down here and I didnt get to go. I saw one gobbler all season thats it.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Todd525
Posting Guru
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o to be young again........., wait till you get my age, then you actually have problems. Its a break down like this..

Prom = Yearly anniversary.

" Honey, I want something kinda nice this year."

Translation......... I hope you worked your butt off and made a lot of money becasue it doesnt matter what you wanted to spend it on, were going to do what I want to do.

This year it wasnt as bad as it was in the past.
Gas up econo truck, I.E. Izuzu Rodeo, 55 bucks. Make three different trips 45 miles from house, finally decide (not me of coarse, as I dont have any say) on 1.9 carrot diamond earrings, and a 2 carot diamond pendent necklace.

Lets just say that once you get into these relationships when your older, that you can buy your truck once a year with all the crap that they require, and you have to listen to the complaining, and get dragged all over hells half acre.

Id give anything to be your age again........

Old 04-20-2008, 08:20 PM
kawa
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 2 stroke man
gosh! i have never seen a waste of money like friggin prom! 60 mile trip to take her to get a prom dress plus missing a Saturday of work to get the dress. then 100 more miles to go get a dang dinner dress. then a Saturday to go to prom, including a $40 dinner and another 100 mile round trip to Richmond, and $80+ dollars to wear a stupid suit one night. i coulda bought kawa a 10 meter radio lol! sorry to rant, but all that money to make a chick happy for one night! its a lot easier and cheaper to make me happy. =)
I want my RADIO!!!!LOL

Rog

Old 04-20-2008, 08:27 PM
2 stroke man
Postmaster
what the heck is a 10 meter radio?

Old 04-20-2008, 08:36 PM
2 stroke man
Postmaster
[quote=Monica82895;6063729]try having 3 daughters and going through that 3 times...it wasnt so much the money(to make the chicks happy)it was the all night parties that were supplied with alcohol or whatever with the parents permission(after all it was better to know where they were and kept safe,whatever !!!)quote]

well, i'll save money on the alcohol, cause me and my Girlfriend of over 1 year don't drink. this will be our second year prom together. she has had alcohol a few years ago, but she has never been drunk. I, on the other hand.............................................. ................................have never had even a sip. i figure if you stay away from the parties, maybe the trouble will stay away from you

Old 04-20-2008, 08:42 PM
MLCinNCTX
Senior User
Originally Posted by Todd525
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o to be young again.........,
Id give anything to be your age again........
You are a better man than me, I lived through it the first time and never thought I would make it to 30. Now I am bearing down on 60, hell so many candles on the cake the fire alarm goes off on my birthday.

To much pain the first time around, I stick with the cards I got.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:22 AM
immastrokinnow
Elder User
i hated all three proms i went too. incredible waste of time and money. only wound up pi$$ed off after them. and on the last on i blew a tire between fancy dinner and prom. 1/2 bolt thru the tire whuda thunk it. every prom was a bust. they only played rap the entire time (and i cant dance to that crap worth two squirts of duck poo. left the proms with a pi$$ed off gf. which pi$$ed me off that i wasted all that money and neither of us had a good time. then started drinkin heavy after dropping her off.