looking for pics of ranger systems

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 03:33 PM
imperium
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for pics of ranger systems

alright so were in the process of buying a 1998 exended cab
and im already trying to plan what im putting in for a sound system, it already has this pretty sweet clarion head unit

im either thinking of 1 10 in the center or 1 10 on each side as i don't really plan on seating people in the back
i would think that the singular 10 in the center would make it so im predominantly hear it out of my left ear which would probably really bug me
but mailing what im looking for is suggestions of what you have found works well and pictures will really help me for mounting ideas

Old 04-11-2008, 02:57 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know if I still have pics, but I have helped two friends do two different setups in their Rangers.

1)
We took the jump seats out of the back and fiberglassed an enclosure for a 10" on each side in the pockets. We then made a floor plate that made a flat floor in the back and had the amps flush mounted and covered in plexiglass with a neon on a toggle switch. This made it where he could throw his bags and gear back there without hurting anything.

2)
The other one was done basically backwards from that. We put the amps in the jump seat compartments and then built a box for two 10's facing them down. The box was a little bigger on the floor, but there was nothing seen and he could throw his stuff on top of the box.

If it were me, I would go ahead and use two 10's rather than just using part of the back for one.