Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

Places to Wheel?

Old 03-24-2008, 09:09 PM
F250REBEL
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Places to Wheel?

I am just wondering if anyone had any good wheeling places taht they could share with me. I am in cedar springs michigan and in my younger days i wouldnt hesitate to take my jeep tresspassing to go fourwheeling, but now that i am older and a little smarter "just a little" i just assume stay out of trouble and wheel legally. I usually go down some two track during the spring, but id like a little more of a challenge

Old 03-25-2008, 08:45 AM
alz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Silver Lake sand dunes. Not sure when opening day is ,but it's coming soon. Where is Cedar Springs? West side?

Old 03-25-2008, 10:22 AM
bbender85
Logistics Pro
Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
you're not going to find much outside of silver lake, and the mounds on the east side of the state. i went on a few trail rides this winter, at the allegan state game area near allegan, and also at the yankee springs recreational area near gun lake... but both were just tame trail rides. everything that's half a challenge in this state is now closed.

there is a private park in hart, right near the dunes, that the guys hold a few events here and there. the owner is a regular poster on greatlakes4x4.com and silverlakeforum.com, goes by "FullSize4Life". nice guy, i met him at the dunes.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:08 PM
F250REBEL
Junior User
Yeah you almost have to have your own private land to four wheel on. Other wise there aint much around here. I have proly been down just about every two track in my area summer, fall, winter and spring and those dont pose much of a challenge, but my grandparents own a 400 acre farm and im gonna see what i can do to get out there and wheel. Maybe have a four wheeling get together out there is they are fine with it!

Old 05-12-2008, 11:16 PM
peganit2
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's a place called "The Mounds" in the Genesee County parks system.

I haven't been there since I was a teen, but it's still open. It's pretty popular around here in the 4 wheeler crowd.

It was moderately challenging on a bike back in the seventies. Pretty easy to get yourself stuck in a 4 wheeler from what I hear nowadays.

Nominal fee, open year around.

I'm heading back when I get my HighBoy sorted.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:07 PM
ron86toy
Posting Guru
I know of some interesting spots around here.......but if you want challenging....you need to go to the U.P.
pic from last time I was at Drummond Island

Search this Thread