1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

a couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 01:40 AM
884x4broncoII
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a couple of questions

my truck seems to run a little bit rougher after a long haul pulling down the interstate, not by much but slightly noticable is this normal, and after everything cools off and the truck sits for a little while, everything is normal, the truck still accelerates smothly just the idle seems a little lopey like a gasser with an aftermarket cam

i dont yet have an egt gauge, should i be concerned about my egt's running a superchips max tuner on tow safe mode. towing 8-10k lbs

Old 04-04-2008, 06:45 AM
ltfox
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 884x4broncoII
my truck seems to run a little bit rougher after a long haul pulling down the interstate, not by much but slightly noticable is this normal, and after everything cools off and the truck sits for a little while, everything is normal, the truck still accelerates smothly just the idle seems a little lopey like a gasser with an aftermarket cam

i dont yet have an egt gauge, should i be concerned about my egt's running a superchips max tuner on tow safe mode. towing 8-10k lbs
The first part is proably your oil. My truck will do this when i'm due for a oil change.

Second... yes you need a egt gauge for towing with a superchip. I ran one on my truck before my chip and pulling hard it could easily get up over 1200 degs.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Butch(OH)
Tuned
Every 7.3 I have ever driven would be a bit rough and rattley when first coming down to an idle after hammering down the road, the more miles on the motor the more rattles and the more miles on the oil the more it rattles. They come out of it very quickly. gauges should be the first mod money spent on a PS diesel truck IMO.