ALTITUDE, ALTITUDE, ALTITUDE on my 85' 302 5.0 .......

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 03:40 AM
riverguides
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 25-Oct-02 AT 04:49 AM (EST)] Rebuilt 1985 F-150 302 5.0 4X2-- rebuilt tran. and rear end. in Colorado. 1,500 miles and still breaking in....I think. Most of my road time involves high altitude 10,000 foot passes(going fishing or skiing etc.)....remember folks, this is the Continental Devide= "this side or that". What should I do for HP?? Super Charge sounds like the right track------ Any comments? I am going cat. back duals soon and what a breather that will be, but, what's the right Forced Induction for this and(or) is there a chip you folks recomend???
Thank you kindly.

Old 10-25-2002, 11:28 AM
pcmenten
Posting Guru

A centrifugal supercharger is what I'd guess is the way to go. Too bad the engine's already rebuilt. A stroker crank and high compression heads would have helped.

Looks like you're a river rat. Rafting? I've done some rafting and kayaking here in Idaho. Lots of nice whitewater here.

Old 10-25-2002, 05:16 PM
riverguides
Freshman User

Tahnks for the info! I might shoot for next summer in Idaho. Never been and I hear the water and fishing is GREAT. I'm a native hear and have spent most of my time on these waters. I've got a 14' Avon raft with rowing platform. Love it! I think I'm the last of my family and friends to take up kayaking though.(love my raft to much) Look forward to learning. What are some rivers you like?
BTW, should i make any other mods. before adding the super charger? Also, what super charger kits would you recomend?.........

Old 10-25-2002, 06:49 PM
pcmenten
Posting Guru

The Payette River has something for everybody and it is beautiful. South Fork Payette is Class III-IV with one portage. Fishing is ok there but for a true rafting and fishing dream-come-true you have to do a multi-day trip through the wilderness called the Middle Fork Salmon. At one point I had to put my fishing rod down (with the fly trailing in the water) to row the raft past a few rocks. When I picked the rod up again, I had to take a fish off so that I could start fishing again! Cutthroat, Rainbow, Bull Trout. And totally a wilderness run. If a person got hurt, it could be a couple, three days before they could get out. Boating permits are allowed on a lottery basis.

If I could afford it, I would use the type of stuff that Ford sold. I think it was a Paxton.

Old 10-25-2002, 09:31 PM
lvmoose007
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello again...
I did a little bit of research, and none of the blower companies that cover stock EFI applications has a kit for your truck. I think I know what the problem is. Does your engine have V-belts or a serpentine setup?

Old 10-25-2002, 10:25 PM
BucksCountyCountryBoy
Junior User