General Automotive Discussion

FORD TRUCK ENTHUSIASTS - Order of the BLUE MAX

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 07:23 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 80351
now why don't we go back to our good samaritan stories, you know, the thread topic?

Yeah, What he said.
she

damn ten character minimum!!!

Old 04-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ford4life69
she

damn ten character minimum!!!
Sorry, I realized that after I read your post
again today and that kinda thing happened
to me too.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:39 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

it's cool. i realize being the kind of chick i am can be confusing when i don't post a pic and write in pink on a forum where people can't see me. i'm used to it.

so i came out of my office yesterday after a REALLY rough day and found my keys locked in my truck *that says how bad it is cuz i NEVER lock my keys in my truck* guess how many of my wonderful coworkers asked me why i was sitting on the curb next to my truck... wild guess guys....

on the other side, i now know how easy it is to break into my own truck... :-(

Old 04-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ford4life69
it's cool. i realize being the kind of chick i am can be confusing when i don't post a pic and write in pink on a forum where people can't see me. i'm used to it.

so i came out of my office yesterday after a REALLY rough day and found my keys locked in my truck *that says how bad it is cuz i NEVER lock my keys in my truck* guess how many of my wonderful coworkers asked me why i was sitting on the curb next to my truck... wild guess guys....

on the other side, i now know how easy it is to break into my own truck... :-(
Hope it wasn't an expensive part that was broken, however they are all expensive these days. I thought you were going to say your co-workers came to your rescue.
I think it was the thanx Cornie that threw me off. In the Mid Atlantic Chapter George has us trained that's why everybody has there first name at the top of our signatures so you know who it is you're talking to.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:45 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FTE Ken
Next time I will, okay? Note, however, that you have laid out this darkness in your life in public for a long, long time, hence the public reply.
I surely know that... In difficult times we often tell more of ourselves on here than might be good. But then again, there's feedback that comes to help. I've been down all the roads that have been suggested and some of them worked for a time. LONG time, some of them...

I've known for all my life though that change, and times of change, are when I wig out the most.

Even though I ALSO know that I'm still just the same ole me.

'Never was any damn good at asking for help. My young life ensured it. The examples I had were not the same as those for successes. They taught me to find my own way - look for something better.

On the other hand, maybe all I ever learned was to struggle....

The times I wished someone gave me a hand - maybe those are the reason that when it don't take nuthin' to help someone else I JUST DO IT!

In my case I think maybe it is.

You know, it doesn't change a thing about where I have been, or what could have been. I just like to think that the idea of "HELP" is still out there someplace, maybe possibly changes a few people in their hearts, and something better comes of it one day for someone else. If that can happen, maybe at those times I can let go of some of what I feel bad about. Maybe have an idea that somehow things get better if we try... Maybe I did something to change it, so that it helps me personally to go on - knowing that I myself gave a damn about someone else that I don't know and may never see again.

Maybe it makes the bible a little more real. Maybe it's a spriritual thing. Maybe it's a candle in the wind, I just don't know

I know it works for me.

I know you feel the same in many ways.

(ready for this one?)

UBU

Old 04-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Post Fiend
Wolfie, I don't like asking anybody for help either, that's why when a few of the guys offered to help me do my trans I said thanks but no thanks.
That's why I am on my own side of the shop at work most things that normally take 2
I have adapted to somehow and do myself one way or another, but in some situation I have to ask for help and it comes sometimes in the strangest way, times and people.
Just call to say Hi. I've had talks with people in Washington state, Nova Scotia, that I have chatted with in other groups and it was just to say Hey.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Davie - I appreciate the PM. You're a good man.

All of this that I have on my plate is going to work out. IT JUST WILL! So don't worry about it. But I will PM if I start to flip. Sometimes we just have to.

Meanwhile - How's your supply of tire plugs?

Once long ago, the frontier people crossed this land in wagons. Many of them hired experienced wagon train operators who knew what hazards were to be faced, where water holes could be found, and what time of year some rivers could be crossed and when there was flooding danger.

MANY (particularly stubborn danged Germans!) chose to buy a wagon and try it alone. Of those - there were many skilled as wagonwrights, and having other skills besides. These I think were the predesessors to the modern RV people of today.

SO there were breakdowns, and hardships due to poor planning, lack of parts and tools, people got stuck in bad places.

When one wagon train found another and skills or tools were shared to protect one another and get back on the trail an old time phrase was born:

"THEM WHAT HAS, IS GOT TO SHARE WITH THEM WHAT AIN'T."

~ And I think a lot of that is a part of the culture of FORD TRUCK ENTHUSIASTS

Am I right or wrong?
*eyes twinkle*

Old 04-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Post Fiend
Very good story. I do mobile RV work on occasion. My service fee is $100.00 my house to you no work and and normally 65.00 an hour after that. Most of the time depending on who it is, the mood I am in and how I am treated once I get there.
I am only responsible in this capacity to myself. I have to say most of the time I wind up dropping the hourly fee.
I was just talking to my wife about this thread and the fact that out of all the stuff we both carry rags, tow strap, flashlight with good batteries, tool case, blankets paper towels CB mine a floor jack small compressor and a few other things we don't have tire plugs. The list also gets bigger when going off road.
Guess I'll add tire plugs,
Thank you Wolfie,
for just being you.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I can hardly be anyone else just now - can't afford it.

I still wonder about the Magliavez family in an ALFA, I care about them and hope they come to Memphis soon. I can visit them on base.

Pass that on if you see them, I don't work for RV ripoffs anymore

I care about them a lot - they are MY PEOPLE.

Sometimes I drive through the Midsouth Nav Sta RV park to see if they are there again.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Greywolf
I can hardly be anyone else just now - can't afford it.

I still wonder about the Magliavez family in an ALFA, I care about them and hope they come to Memphis soon. I can visit them on base.

Pass that on if you see them, I don't work for RV ripoffs anymore

I care about them a lot - they are MY PEOPLE.

Sometimes I drive through the Midsouth Nav Sta RV park to see if they are there again.
Will Do.....

Old 04-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I appreciate that brother. The man has a lot of steel plate in his head that keeps him alive, and their puppies are good friends of mine.

I'd do anything I can for them, they my own. I want to do what I can for them.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:14 PM
gvantassel
New User
Blue Max

Your experience is a show of class and integrity. I remember my Dad who was a Master Diesel (CAT) Mechanic stopping all the time back in the 60's to assist folks, pick up GI's hitch-hiking, and never stick around for a anything other than a much appreciated "Thanks" from folks.
Now, of course, I am a man of 50, work for the US ARMY Reserves, and if I did not live in the California Bay Area I too would stop to help others stranded on the road. But, I gotta tell you, it's just too damn crazy here. If we lived in say Lawrence Kansas or similar location.....certainly I'd help.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
A purple heart vet is someone I will never turn from.

If they need me, I'm there

Old 04-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by gvantassel
Your experience is a show of class and integrity. I remember my Dad who was a Master Diesel (CAT) Mechanic stopping all the time back in the 60's to assist folks, pick up GI's hitch-hiking, and never stick around for a anything other than a much appreciated "Thanks" from folks.
Now, of course, I am a man of 50, work for the US ARMY Reserves, and if I did not live in the California Bay Area I too would stop to help others stranded on the road. But, I gotta tell you, it's just too damn crazy here. If we lived in say Lawrence Kansas or similar location.....certainly I'd help.
Have to agree there are a lot of crazies in this world today. I live in up until last year Baltimore MD and people get shot here stopping to help people.
Now I live close to 30 miles outside Baltimore with the country crazies, but you still take your life in your own hands.
It is a dangerous world we live in.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:28 AM
lablue96
Senior User
it is a crazy world, you always have to keep that in mind, i grew up in the mountains and i would always help people that would slide off the road in winter, help people push their car out of the way, and everything like that, my parent's always tought me to help others with out expecting payment in return, do it because it the right thing to do. here's my story:

i comute in denver CO, one day i came to a light were there was a tahoe stoped, even though i was several hundred feet back i could hear people honking as they went by, when i came next to the tahoe, it was two elderly ladies that were already a bit stressed by the situation, i noticed they had tow hooks on the front so i quickly stoped in front while my co worker got the tow strap ready, i didn't asked if they needed help i just told them i would pull them out of the way at the next gas station. well it turn out they had some kind of spark plug problems and since i was short on time that's all i could do.

what i'm amased at here in the big city is how when there's someone blocking the way for some kind of problem, instead of lending a hand people will just go off the wall,

i stop and help people when ever i can because i know not many people would, especially now that i have a wife and a baby because i would apreciate it if someone stopped and helped them if somenthing happened.

Quick Reply: FORD TRUCK ENTHUSIASTS - Order of the BLUE MAX