Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

H2O Power

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H2O Power

Of all the channels I watch aside from the crap although I love shows such as Family Guy (Best show ever) I watch a lot of the History Channel, tonite I watched "Crude", it was about oil, how it was made and how were basically gonna be "dry" by 2050. Anyways it talked a little bit about H20 power (water). I always thought this was stupid b/c I absolutly love gas/diesel engines and the sound of them (still a "gas", still gonna have the same sound), but aside from all the Al Gore crap this would be the best fuel we ever had and by that I mean performance wise. Hydrogen burns much quicker with 2.5 times the explosion of gasoline. Therefore if we gapped the spark plugs to about .001" or running really retarted we could slow that, along with cam timing, basically using a high performance cam w/ a lot of overlap I could see this problem easly taken care off. So now we've got a engine running on hydrogen, we why not increase the power by taking the wasted oxygen and using it as the air, now we can use even less hydrogen since were basically running striaght oxygen injection. Now not only are we running on water, were using less of it. The only problem I foresee here is the regulation of it, injecting all this hydrogen and oxygen will make it run extremely hot, if dosed in small enough amounts this wouldn't be a problem, or we have to use a more heat resistant metal along with something like aluminum to disapate it quickly.

Ok, say we get water powered engines...woohoo, all our problems are solved they say. Did anyone think ahead? We all live in Ne, what happens during the summer to those of us in rural area's with a shallower well then our neighbors irrigation pump has? Yeah.... water pressure sucks. Now imagine what happens when we have millions of vehicles using water, naturally since the by product of the water engine is still "water" it will come back, but when it rains is everything magically solved? Nope, not instantly. If you have 4 quarts of oil in your 7.3 or 6.0 it runs for a little bit and shuts off b/c the high psi pump resivior runs dry b4 the 4 quarts can trickle back down to the low psi pump. I suppose instead off our pipeline of oil from Alaska we could have a pipeline from the Atlantic and Pacific, but still... doesn't anybody think it will be 100% humidity everyday of the summer with all this water in the air?

Do you really think water is going to take care of the problem?

Also, our engines will still need oil to lubricate bearings, I suppose that could be solved to a point with soybean oil, but there's not enough oil in soybeans to keep up with even a 1/4 of our cars.

Let me know your guys thoughts.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:10 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think it would be great. The way fuel is going up now. I am game for anything. I just filled my diesel truck $120.00 Ouch double ouch. We definitely need an alternative fuel source. Chris Im all for your idea. Sounds like a plan.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
If you look on youtube and just on the interent it looks like ppl have already got her done. There is one guy that has a "water" welder that will cut through anything in a 1/8th of the time of oxy/acetylene, called HHO.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:29 AM
cornfedp
Senior User
I dont buy that oil is in short supply. Think of all that has pumped from the ground. You seriously think there were that many dinosaurs roaming the earth? IMO there is no shortage, it is just plain and simple greed and environmentalism taking the reins of the prices.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
There wasn't a shortage when we were the main country using oil, now that japan, india and china are becoming so industralized they are taking up the supply. We've found all the "easy" oil, now one of the reasons it cost more is because were drilling through 2 or 3000 ft of water and below to get to it (US anyways) Iraq and Saudi Arabia still have it easy, but they hate us, so...

Old 03-17-2008, 12:33 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
I agree Chris. It isn't so much being low on oil, just having such a high demand. But, with that said, the oil companies are taking full advantage of us, and proceeding to bend us over, all the while proclaiming innocence. Try to explain their record profits every quarter!

Back on the original subject, I guess we're going to have to find some alternative energy source if we want to continue to use vehicles like we do. I'm with you, I love the sound of a good running gas or diesel. But we may not have a choice, if the price of oil continues to rise.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:33 AM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
Yeah they have been making record profits, they do claim (which makes sense) that since the barrel of oil went up they are just charging the same mark up ($50 a barrel at 50% mark up would be $75, $100 a barrel would be $150, so they double there profit). Aside from that they could give us a break (it's not 50% mark up, just using that as an example).

On the sound issue, from what I've seen it sounds just the same as a gas engine, so no huge changes there.