Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Starting to look alot like christmas

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 08:32 AM
westtntrucker
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starting to look alot like christmas

WTF! It's march. We got about 3 inches here in Selmer.
Uhh... Al gore, Global WARMING?

Old 03-08-2008, 09:02 AM
BIG R
Senior User
Crazy East Tenn weather. Coat today, short sleeves tomorrow.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:50 AM
westtntrucker
Posting Guru
Old 03-08-2008, 12:02 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We got about an inch here, it melted a bit now its snowing again. Now remember the blizzard of 93 happened in March.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
YO WESTY!!!

Save that shot for the Christmas contest later this year!!!

Matter of fact - use the snow while we've got it. We won't have any in December, I guarantee ya...

Personally, I think snow sux.

The one good thing about California when I lived there was you could go up in the mountains if you missed snow and have all you want! And then be done with it...

I got back from hauling my tools to Covington just in the nick of time, the bridges were covered, and the roads were beginning to get it stuck on the blacktop. I holed up for the night, and read a good book.

The kids around here are loving it though - "SNOWBALL ASSAULT" has been all but declared a capital crime by the adults, and the kids are looking farther afield for sled hills that haven't melted yet.

Rufuss muddies me one more time jumping up on me though, and I just might pack his nose with some of the white stuff.

Only real downside is I keep hearing sirens, and earlier today a helicopter at the same time. I can't imagine why - all the roads are pretty much cleared off. I bet it's from four wheeler accidents.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:35 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
I don't mind snow all that much when it's gone in a day or two and you don't have to deal with the ice after it melts and re-freezes. Back home it would snow pretty regular(contrary to popular opinion about Texas and snow or lack thereof), however it would be gone within a day or two, so we would have our snow and then it would be gone. I remember when I first moved up here and that first winter snow lasted for a week on the ground, a week that was just too long for me. I don't mind this here, about an inch and by noon the next day it's almost gone.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I went on a run to a store not long ago and made a point of crushing and dispersing the snow left in the middle of the road so it would melt and not take out my road lights under the front bumper (on the off chance it froze tonight and/or we got more flakes).