Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Excursion lift, wheels and tires finally complete.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Nairns05
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excursion lift, wheels and tires finally complete.

Well, I finally finished my lift on my 05 excursion. I did a Fabtec 3.5 lift kit with procomp resevior shocks. I put my new rims on inwhich after waiting since Christmas that was very exciting. I went to belle Tire and got a set of Toyo 34-11.5-17 ATs. I really like the way it turned out, not too big yet not too small.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:23 PM
LionFan
Senior User
Looks good, I like the rims.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Nairns05
Junior User
thank you, They are made especially for the super duty/ Excursions.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:45 PM
fordtruckster
Senior User
Very good looking. How much $ in all? Lift, Shocks, Wheels and Tires? Also, I like the front bar too. What model/type is it?
Overall, one of the best looking EX's I have seen

Old 03-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Nairns05
Junior User
Smile Hey

Originally Posted by fordtruckster
Very good looking. How much $ in all? Lift, Shocks, Wheels and Tires? Also, I like the front bar too. What model/type is it?
Overall, one of the best looking EX's I have seen
Well first off let me tell you that I love my excursion and Had saved for two years in order to buy my truck and even flew one way in order to get it. So for two years I had my mind set that I would get that truck and lift would be obvious. The lift set me back about $1000.00 with the upgraded shocks. I got the rims for Christmas from my wife but couldn't put them on until I had the tires and couldn't get the tires until the lift was on so back to the drawing board and back to saving up for the conversion. The wheels were $500.00 shipped which was a killer deal and I can probally get more sets at that price if interested. The tires I got for $800.00 out the door at a Belle tire which was also much cheaper than most others. They are the toyo 285/75/17 ATs. They fit great with no rubbing but very very close but yet still stand 34 inches tall. As far as the front bull guard I don't know much about it other than they sell for about 250.00- 300.00 dollars. I got mine on a trade for parts off my 0ld f-150. Thanks for your interest. Dan

Old 03-07-2008, 02:41 AM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks awesome. How do u like the fabtech? I love mine and i also got my bullguard for $300. It looks exactly like urs but black

Old 03-07-2008, 07:30 AM
zipcode
New User
Your Rig looks AWESOME!!! By chance do you have the part number to your fabtech components? What a great setup!!

Thank You,
Zip

Old 03-07-2008, 08:31 AM
njstevens
Elder User
nairn that look sreal nice and clean. Good job on the setup. Are those true 34's or just slightly under 34's. You say you are not rubbing at all. What is the offset of the rim. My buddy is looking at something similiar (lift size) and he wants 34's but I told him he will need to figure out how much backspacing to the rim for it to allow him not to rub. He also wants to go with a 12.5 tire. That was good that you went with 11.5 How does she ride. i bet smooth. You will love those res shocks. i hear nothing but good things about them. I hear you get good life out of them if you dont do much offroading with them. Great job and nice pics, shows off truck nicely.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Nairns05
Junior User
Originally Posted by njstevens
nairn that look sreal nice and clean. Good job on the setup. Are those true 34's or just slightly under 34's. You say you are not rubbing at all. What is the offset of the rim. My buddy is looking at something similiar (lift size) and he wants 34's but I told him he will need to figure out how much backspacing to the rim for it to allow him not to rub. He also wants to go with a 12.5 tire. That was good that you went with 11.5 How does she ride. i bet smooth. You will love those res shocks. i hear nothing but good things about them. I hear you get good life out of them if you dont do much offroading with them. Great job and nice pics, shows off truck nicely.
I appreciate the positive feedback. The offset of my wheels are are +6 and the tire size is 285/75/17 which comes out to a 33.84 tire size but Toyo calls it and labels it 34x11.5-17. There is no rubbing at all and as a matter of fact when I crank the wheel full lock I have 5/8 inch spacing left. The ride seems to be about the same as before lift tires and wheels so I guess that is a good thing. Dan

Old 03-07-2008, 06:50 PM
brooklyn born
Senior User
your ex looks great. not too high. some excursions dont look good lifted. yours does . excellent tire size and brand.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:18 PM
weberr7
Senior User
Very clean rig. You did a nice job with it. I am dealing with a little X envy going on right now. Congrats.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:45 PM
njstevens
Elder User
nairns that +6 is what is keep you from rubbing most likely. But I wll tel you that set up is just great looking.. I t all goes so well togehter and seamless. I like the tube step instead of the one I have the platform. I am trying to get down to see matt and buy his steps. I als like the blacked out tinit. Looks awesome. Good luck with her. Did you need to realign the drive shaft at all to compensate for axle wrap? Also do you have an aftermarket exhaust on her. I just ordered my 4"MBRP. Should have it installed by tuesday. Cant wait to hear that wistle and rumble.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Nairns05
Junior User
Originally Posted by njstevens
nairns that +6 is what is keep you from rubbing most likely. But I wll tel you that set up is just great looking.. I t all goes so well togehter and seamless. I like the tube step instead of the one I have the platform. I am trying to get down to see matt and buy his steps. I als like the blacked out tinit. Looks awesome. Good luck with her. Did you need to realign the drive shaft at all to compensate for axle wrap? Also do you have an aftermarket exhaust on her. I just ordered my 4"MBRP. Should have it installed by tuesday. Cant wait to hear that wistle and rumble.
I did not have to do much after the lift. I did an alignment and thats about it other than a pain in the *** install. I did magnaflow dual exhausts which can be seen in some profile photos. I will be posting install photos soon. Dan

Old 03-08-2008, 02:56 AM
AK-Excursion
Senior User
So correct me if im wrong. The 3.5 kit from Fabtech uses a block in the back? Is there any 3-4in kit that uses no blocks? Dont want to use blocks for towing if I ever do end up having to tow with it.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:03 AM
AK-Excursion
Senior User
Also what are the rims specs. I see +6 back spacing but what about width?

Quick Reply: Excursion lift, wheels and tires finally complete.