Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part 2: GATLINBURG Excursion/SD GET TOGETHER July 25-27, 2008...SIGN UP TODAY!!!

Old 02-28-2008, 08:43 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Part 2: GATLINBURG Excursion/SD GET TOGETHER July 25-27, 2008...SIGN UP TODAY!!!

Old thread closed (too large). Let's keep it focused, and on actual new content. Thanks. If this thread does what the last one does and strays off topic it will be closed.

Keep posts about the GTG, or signing up for it. Non-related chat will be removed. Thanks.

Last edited by FTE Ken; 02-28-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Posted, so the necessary info is at the top of this thread:

Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
The chosen campground is Twin Creek RV Resort http://www.twincreekrvresort.com/ and their phone number is 1-800-252-8077. I have been dealing with a very friendly lady named Mary.

I have arranged a group name to reserve under when you call tell them you are with the
FORD-TRUCKS group and they will give you a site near the group.

The 'official' weekend will be July 25-27 BUT many are coming long distances like myself and will be booking longer stays. In fact for them to treat us as a 'group' and give us consideration to be put near each other she asked for a minimum for 3 nights stay to be placed by each other...I didn't think that would be a deal breaker...if it is for anyone...simply book on your own and don't mention the group name.

Personally I haven't booked yet but will do so the week after next (I've got some surgery to deal with first). But I will most likely be booking my family for Thursday July 24 - Friday August 1...may shift up or down but NO LESS DAYS.

As you book and make your reservations. I would ask that you PM either myself or Guiri the dates and a personal contact email for you so we can get a list going of who all is booked and we can communicate thru email rather than this thread...no personal emails will be shared and I would suggest using BCC for the address list to keep things hidden from everyone...if that works for everyone?

Some important information:

Being a Good Sam's park we get a 10% discount for Good Sam's members (you can join Good Sam's for $19 a year for new members if you aren't one https://www.goodsamclub.com/join/ )

Rates for the campground are $44 per night which includes 2 people as appears to be 'customary' in this area. Kids/people over 6 are $4 extra per day.

Cabins do N OT ALLOW PETS or smoking . The cabins also have a 6 night minimum and I am not sure of the rates for the cabins.

Also anyone entering the park staying somewhere else would be charged $4/person but that entitles them to use of the pool and facilities...but this is no different than the extra people on a site charge...

Your deposit is based on length of stay 3-4 nights is $100, 5-7 nights $150. If cancellation is necessary as long as more than 10 days prior to arrival you would get all but $10 back. Within 10 days you would forfeit full deposit.

Some of the bigger restrictions folks need to know about

No 'dangerous' dogs are allowed and that seems to be kind of universal today...Rottweilers, Dobermans, Pit Bulls are not allowed.

Only 2 dogs per site are allowed.

Also not sure if anyone has a popup or Hybrid trailer but if you do NO PETS are allowed in canvas skinned trailers which makes sense to me I guess.

There is a trolley stop right outside the park and for $0.25 per person you can ride into town and not have to fight the traffic.

Also what is nice about being on the east side of Gatlinburg, you can come off of I-40 and not have to fight your way THRU Pigeon Forge...those that have done that know what I mean...those that haven't...well...trust us!

We have had a local member do a driveby/thru and has given HIGH MARKS to this park. Which is GREAT!!! THANKS TO BigR for his time!

So looks like folks can begin calling and booking...I just hung up with Mary and she will be awaiting our groups bookings. Again please keep Guiri in the loop as to who has booked.

Guiri and others will work up an agenda of things to do like group drives, pot luck meals and such...also I heard something about group shirts possibly...it would be nice to see if we could get some of the site sponsors to kick in some shirts or something?...just a thought...

Hopefully I've captured the essence of everything folks need to know...if not...please ask.

Thanks again and start booking!
joe.
Stewart

Old 02-28-2008, 11:02 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks!

Old 02-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Thanks for reopening this thread, Ken.

Stewart

Old 02-28-2008, 11:59 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Here is a list of those that have signed up so far...just FYI...

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 228pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=304 border=0 x:str><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; WIDTH: 114pt; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed" width=152 height=17>bmenzel </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; WIDTH: 114pt; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed" width=152>PSD Ex - 6.0 </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.25pt" height=19><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 14.25pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed" height=19>Darren (Not FTE) </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed">PSD Ex - 6.0 </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed" height=17>kc9aej </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed">PSD Ex - 6.0 </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed" height=17>GeorgiaX </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed">PSD Ex - 7.3 </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed" height=17>sizmdrs </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed">PSD Ex - 7.3 </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed" height=17>jdecker88 </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed">PSD F250 - 7.3 </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed" height=18>johnny567 </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed">PSD F250 - 6.0 </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: silver 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: silver 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: silver 1pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: silver 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=18>Neal 97250 </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed">PSD F250 - 7.3 </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed" height=17 x:str="X_Hemi_Guy ">X_Hemi_Guy </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed">V10 Ex </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed" height=17>Wilald </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed">V10 Ex </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed" height=17>markmoore </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed">V10 Ex </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed" height=17>Guiri </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed">V10 Ex </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed" height=17>rcracerx </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed">V10 Ex </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed" height=17>seesaw_4 </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed">V10 Ex </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed" height=17>jjbirish </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed">V10 Ex </TD></TR>
<TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed" height=17>davidsfj40</TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed">V10 Ex </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed" height=17>I eat hybrids </TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed">V10 Ex </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed" height=17>weekendwarriorfsw32 </TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ebe9ed">PSD Ex </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Also I have some NEW information on the Good Sam's stuff which is DIFFERENT than in the post above.

I have coupons in my possession that I can send you that you can join Good Sam's for $12 for 1 year membership or $33 for 3 years...BUT with the 3 year you get a $25 coupon for camping...so it costs you only $8 for a 3 year membership!!!

As indicated above...Twin Creek is a Good Sam's park and Good Sam's members get 10% off...

If interested...PM me.

Also if I have MISSED anyone above that is actually booked...please let me know that thru PM too...

I'd like to thank Ken and Stewart for setting this one up...now I just need to update my sig link!

joe.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:51 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
I just sent a private email to those I 'think' have signed up for the rally.

If you 'think' you have signed up and do NOT have an email from my home address...please PM me your email addy...check your junk box too and add my home addy to your approved list.

THINK SPRING and SUMMER!

joe.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:32 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Updated Rally Info

Okay...

Yesterday's email generated some activity so just wanted to clue others in as to what is going on incase you are still 'ON THE FENCE'

We now have 17 confirmed attendees at this point with over 80% of those at Twin Creek.

i eat hybrids and weekendwarriors are still not commited to bringing their Ex's at this point...so I'm not counting them in the motor count...

In the all important V10 vs PSD competition.

V10's 9
PSD's 8

There are currently 13 Ex's and 4 F250's and we picked up our first V10 F250!!!

So far from an event standpoint we'll be white water rafting, racing go-carts (psd vs V10 informal grudge match! ), hillbilly golf (miniature golf on the side of a mountain) and a driving tour thru either Cades Cove or nearby scenic areas (picture 17 Super Duties rolling in unison!)

We also have a request for any rally goers that are golfers to see whether there is any interest in playing golf while down there...send me a PM if interested and I can get you in contact with the lady that is interested...I am NOT a golfer...so I can't help her out!

Guys...if any of you are interested in golfing...reply here to see if there is any interest...that is on-topic info...

Also any suggestions on events that you want to get feedback on...post away on that...I'm the only one that has posted in this thread in a while...I'm lonely!

That's it for today...

Let me know if you have any questions.

joe.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:02 PM
PowerStrokin EX
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can Newbies get in on this??

Old 03-23-2008, 06:11 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
ALL are welcome at the rally and we'd love to have you!!!

If you have any questions on the rally itself...let me know...my wife and I are helping to coordinate the group.

Welcome to the forums to by the way!

Did you just get your Ex? There is a great group of people here to help you out in any way needed...the knowledge base spans far and wide with this group!

Joe.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:38 AM
PowerStrokin EX
New User
Yes we just bought it Friday!! We will probably go ahead and call mary and get us a spot reserved. May check w/my buddies they have 2 psd ex and may want to roll w/me.
Thanks for the Welcome.. I am sure I will need some help on something!

Old 03-23-2008, 08:29 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
CONGRATS on the new Ex!...it is an incredible vehicle for sure.

I assume since you will be possibly calling Mary that you tow a travel trailer with the Ex?

We've got a great group of folks that are camping at Twin Creek...I expect to have at least a 'few' stories that will happen that weekend!

If you do decide to join us...please PM me an email address so I can get you on the email distribution list for attendees...we are collecting in private everyones actual names, kids names and ages, etc...so we can get name tags pre-printed up for everyone.

If any of your friends are joining the group...get me some information on them to so we can include them all!

I assume from your screen name...you got a 7.3L Ex...
that will make the PSD folks happy...as we were currently V10 heavy at the rally!

Congrats again on the Ex and welcome to the group!

joe.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:59 AM
PowerStrokin EX
New User
Yeah it is the 7.3 and yes I do have a travel trailer,it is a 24' toy hauler that we use to haul the Harley in . We take it everywhere so we can get some good riding in wherever we go.
I will get w/the guys and see if they are going to go w/us and they also all have 7.3 and travel trailers w/1 of those being a toy hauler also.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:37 PM
MarkMoore
Posting Guru
Hey everyone only...

123 days, or 17 weeks and 4 days left

Old 03-30-2008, 05:54 PM
krcole
New User
are tents allowed for folks without a TT?

Old 03-30-2008, 06:33 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
I do not believe this campground allows tents...but you should call to confirm...if it doesn't allow tents...I guess I should really have called it an RV park!

If it does turn out that Twin Creek does NOT...there are many campgrounds in the area if you would like to join in on the festivities...I know staying some where else may lose some of the ability to drink and stumble to your campsite though!

We'd love to have you join us though...

joe.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Part 2: GATLINBURG Excursion/SD GET TOGETHER July 25-27, 2008...SIGN UP TODAY!!!