Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Not doing the turbo rebuild today

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 06:51 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Not doing the turbo rebuild today

Sorry, that is the only thing this thread is going to have to do with my truck. I scheduled today off to work on rebuilding my turbo.. was going to do it the parking lot of work because of the tools I have there, a in case of anything set up.. Anyhow, the wife and I went to the bar last night, when we pulled in the lot, there was a guy just sitting there with jumper cables hanging from his truck. he motioned us to pop the hood to jump him. The wife popped her hood, and I went to his truck. After speaking with him, I noticed he was real drunk, when we opened the hood, I found his cable was completely off the battery. SOmeone had disconnected the battery because they knew he was drunk. I told him we were not going to jump his car he is to drunk to drive, and somone was looking out for him.. I asked if he could call someone, he asked if I had a cell. I called his wife for him< there was no answer. He got pissy, I told him dont be f'n with my car because of it, and took his plate number. Well, he did, the punk slashed two of our tires..

Well, so much for a productive day. Then you know what else really sucked..I sat for over an hour and half waiting for the damn police.. I know this isnt a major incident, But damnit, I deserve some respect, if they are not going to flipping show, at least I could get a damn phone call, saying hey, come to the station, or, look, how about tomorrow. Dont be leaving me sitting around wondering what the hell happened.

When we finally got home, no the police never showed, found out that our basement flooded, lettuce came up in the utility sink.....

Happy VD day

Old 02-15-2008, 06:58 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damn Pat..if it wasnt for bad luck..you would have no luck at all..sorry to hear things arent going so well..maybe today things will change...

Old 02-15-2008, 07:01 AM
That_Guy
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about all that. Ive had my tires slashes by a drunk ****er before and I know how you feel, its not fun.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:08 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Just started thinking ( scary ) and I called the number from last night.. I just left a message letting them know what my plans are today.. and that I will be calling at each step of the way. giving them a chance to pay for the damages before I get to the police station.. oh yeah, because of the phone number, and being able to look it up on the internet, I now know their names, adress... ect. I am doing all of this the right way.. and there will bbe no threats or anything stupid. but I am guessing it is going to be odd the next time I call them, by name.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:26 AM
03_PSD
Postmaster
hope everything turns out ok for ya man.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:37 AM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by just another truck
oh yeah, because of the phone number, and being able to look it up on the internet, I now know their names, adress... ect. I am doing all of this the right way.. and there will bbe no threats or anything stupid. but I am guessing it is going to be odd the next time I call them, by name.
Don't forget that this works both ways. With caller ID he has your number too. If he's a vindictive SOB he might drop by and get the other tires.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:38 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pat, sorry about the tires while you were trying to help someone. But I think I would let the cops handle this. There are lots of thing that could happen in a situation like this. The first one to to make a complaint is the one that they have to believe. You will have to prove different if they go first.

Good luck.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:45 AM
cleatus12r
Butt-Head
Received 1,972 Likes on 1,107 Posts
Here's a sick way to think of it....

Maybe, just maybe he should have driven and got in a single vehicle accident (JUST BY HIMSELF!!).....then you wouldn't have slashed tires.

Sick, I know, but I like to look at both sides of the argument......

Old 02-15-2008, 09:10 AM
7.3L DID TD
Elder User
This thread is just sad!

Old 02-15-2008, 09:56 AM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
Good thing you got his plate number, so if the police finally do something about it, they can pull him over if they see him out. Maybe he will be drunk then and they will really give it to him. But it sucks about your truck though. Hope everything turns out in your favor.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:20 PM
just another truck
Hotshot
well the snaking of drain is getting me no where, so contacted the police, met them at the car, provided all of the info, like their names, address, ect police said about a week before i get my call i think i will go after small claims for the !50.00 i just dished out back at the house now with the boys and going after my drain again

Old 02-15-2008, 04:59 PM
just another truck
Hotshot
All is back to normall, Car tires are on, drain is snaked out, mess is now being cleaned, THANK YOU for the well wishes, and a place to type

Old 02-18-2008, 12:24 PM
just another truck
Hotshot
Just to wrap up the story, The guy called Saturday at 2:40, then 2:45pm, kind of stumbling with his words. Said that he was trying to get a hold of me for two days, but didnt have my number ( come on now, caller ID ). Anyhow, wanted to know if we could work something out. I told him I wanted a days pay, and the price of the tires. HE said he was broke, asked if I would go for 200.00. I put him on mute for like 5 minutes, asked what the wife thought. Told him i would get back to him. Spoke to an officer, who called a detective ( different city ). The detective suggested that it would be best to just go the route. SO, Met up with him on Sunday, got the 200.00.

He wnated to apologize up and down, I really didnt want to hear it... Trying to get a hold of the detective that will be handling the case to let him know what happened, and not to worry/

Thanks for the Well wishes,

Oh Yeah, CHris, thanks for the concern with the caller ID, but my cell phone comes up as a company

Old 02-18-2008, 12:33 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Glad you got some compensation although 200.00 barely covers one tire. Better than nothing I suppose. Good luck with the turbo when you get to that.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:54 PM
just another truck
Hotshot
Thanks Jay!! I was Lucky the wife wanted to take the car. That was 150.00 for both. If it was the truck, it would have been 200+ per tire. And the sad thing, still 100.00 less then the deductable. Find your Boots?

Quick Reply: Not doing the turbo rebuild today