Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

New Dodge Ram Power Wagon?

Old 02-15-2008, 07:49 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SMIGGS
WE RULE!!!!!

Ohhh Really.... .....LOL...

Old 02-15-2008, 10:23 AM
jimandmandy
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SDMF47
..., they ride like ***** compared to the Ford Super Duty. My body was shaken badly frmo the ride. The interior is made cheaply and seats are very uncomfortable, ...
"Power Wagon" is not about ride comfort and luxury interiors. If that is your priority then you miss the whole point. I realize that Chrysler is just a shell of a company, but I hate recycling of iconic model names the way the Big 2.5 do now.

THIS is a Dodge Power Wagon: http://www.tocmp.com/brochures/Dodge...%20119_jpg.htm

Jim

Old 02-15-2008, 10:32 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
What I can not understand is why a Truck should ride like a car..Cushy and all that..A truck is a truck..

I look for ruggedness and toughness

Old 02-15-2008, 11:57 AM
osbornk
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jimandmandy
"Power Wagon" is not about ride comfort and luxury interiors. If that is your priority then you miss the whole point. I realize that Chrysler is just a shell of a company, but I hate recycling of iconic model names the way the Big 2.5 do now.

THIS is a Dodge Power Wagon: http://www.tocmp.com/brochures/Dodge...%20119_jpg.htm

Jim
I agree. To me a "Power Wagon" is a rough tough no compromise vehicle capable of almost anything offroad. It separates the men from the sissies.

It's a shame they have taken the name and sissified the product. They did the same thing with the original Hummer. The H2, H3 and upcoming pretender have a similar shape but are traditional grocery getters under the skin.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:11 PM
cleatus12r
Butt-Head
Received 1,970 Likes on 1,105 Posts
Originally Posted by swann79
1.) Quad Cab - Ford's crew cabs are too long, and the extended cabs don't have enough room........ It's 4-doors for the family, but my kids don't need a fullsize backseat. I'm 6 foot tall and an extended cab puts my seat right into the knees of my kids in the back.

What I would like to hear is some honest feedback from Ford owners who have direct experience with these or similar Dodge trucks. Intelligent points and observations are also otherwise welcome.

Thanks!
I know I'm late to the party per usual......

You worry about the extended cab Fords not having enough room. Well take a look at the "club" cab that you want and tell me that there is more room. I spent 15 hours STRAIGHT in the back of one of those. I'm 5'6"/140 and had to share the back seat with 2 small women. I would have rather had the same experience in a regular cab...about the same amount of room. The rear seat is at a (and I kid you not) 90 degree angle. It's hard as a rock and your kids will hate you until you die if you make them sit in that back seat.

I also rode in a Power Wagon with 35's on it. It got out of it's way pretty darn good. Sharp lookin' truck but then again I was stuck in the back seat kissing my knees again.

Both front seats were ok comfort wise...they were tolerable but had ZERO support. The dash is real plasticy (is that a word??) but I guess if you're in the market for something new, that's all you'll get from any manufacturer.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:41 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,090 Likes on 2,154 Posts
with the 4:56 gears, it should pull any thing any where any time of the day. but you will also probably have to have a gas tanker following you.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Krochus
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sglaine
What I can not understand is why a Truck should ride like a car..Cushy and all that..A truck is a truck..

I look for ruggedness and toughness
WTF for once we agree!

Groan! "this power wagon hurts my prostate" If this is the case perhaps a Buick is better suited for your needs

Old 02-15-2008, 05:09 PM
swann79
Posting Guru
lol yeah I imagine it will suck the fuel, but I also doubt it will be any worse than my V-10.

Thanks for the great post Cody. I do plan to actually compare the supercab Ford and the quad cab Dodge back-seatwise before making a purchase. I assumed that the quad cab had more room because looking at the specs the legroom has more inches than the supercab does. I will most definitely pay attention to the "upright" positioning that you speak of... if it is really as extreme as you say then I will agree that it's probably not that comfortable.

I agree that the ride is not that important... a good towing and/or off-road rig shouldn't be very smooth... smooth rides can't take any abuse. That's why I won't buy a Chevy. They ride nice, but I've seen way too many front A-arms busted in two to even consider them...

Thanks again for all the input... more is always welcome!

Old 02-15-2008, 05:31 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,090 Likes on 2,154 Posts
Originally Posted by Krochus
WTF for once we agree!

what is this world coming to!!!

Old 02-15-2008, 05:43 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by tjc transport
what is this world coming to!!!

Really, Tom I was wondering that my self.....LOL

Old 02-16-2008, 09:45 AM
duramaximizer
Posting Guru
LOL I've never seen a busted a arm even in the wrecks I have seen.

Ya H1's can't take the abuse.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:23 PM
swann79
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by duramaximizer
LOL I've never seen a busted a arm even in the wrecks I have seen.
Let me rephrase that before I get called a liar... my buddy has seen 2 of them... his co-worker's 2500... he busted them on rocks while off-roading. My buddy is a die-hard Chevy guy but won't buy an IFS GM HD because of that.

I used to beat the hell outta the a-arms on my '04 F-150 on the rocky trails in the mountains... never broke one but that's one of the reasons I want to stick with the solid front axle. It works much better on the trails I run on!

Old 02-16-2008, 06:49 PM
93RangerXL4x2
Elder User
The power wagon aint ****. but a sissy *** Dodge, that cant tow up to 24,000 pounds, any body seen the F-350 Fat Boy? 24,000 pounds!!! Pickup Truck.com

Old 02-16-2008, 07:58 PM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Dude, the truck was not designed or ever ment to tow 24,000 pounds...It's made for off road...And besides, you can't compare a 3/4 ton to a 1 ton...

Tim

Old 02-16-2008, 08:27 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by thorseshoeing
Dude, the truck was not designed or ever ment to tow 24,000 pounds...It's made for off road...And besides, you can't compare a 3/4 ton to a 1 ton...

Tim

You are right there Tim.......No other way around that..LOL..

rep point rewarded for that post..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Dodge Ram Power Wagon?