Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Dishonest people should be shot.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 05:35 AM
whitebenz
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dishonest people should be shot.

Went Saturday to look at a newer motorhome. That is where the good news ended. Was driving my 93 Merc Cougar with HO 5.0, it started running like poop, popping and backfiring through the intake, can't get more than 2000 rpm, the whole shebang. Limp it to a friends house and he runs me home. Get in the puller (e-350) hook up trailer and of course light don't work, fix lights , drive ten miles to get car. The trans in the puller is shifting like poop. Load car, drive for home, trans goes out, AGAIN, this one is 14 months old and has about 8,000 miles and of course has a 12 month 10,000 mile warenty. Drop trailer in parking lot, limp two more miles closer to home, tranny no go no more. Call wife to bring 88 f-250, drag one ton the other two miles home and go back and get trailer that some dork is hooking up to when I get there (now mind you only about an hour has passed) Jump out of truck and start taking pics with phone then call police get 45 cal. friend and wait for Yelm PD. He is telling me that he is there to impound for being abandoned. I parked it in a space in the parking lot of a city park and it sat there maybe an hour. Nothing illeagle there. And besides it is registered to me as well as the car on it and I know ALL of the officers in Yelm. Even the one I don't care for. When Bill (who I went to school with) showed up I asked him when did the town start having people who looked like tweekers in old unmarked pick-ups start impounding trailers in town and he laughed. End result he went to jail for warents (fta times 2) and his truck was impounded by a local company. and they were going to nail him for attempted theft because he was partially hooked up to the trailer. If I would have waited untill he moved the trailer then we could have nailed him. Oh well better luck next time.so now everyone is home and safe and now I have to find a reputable trans shop to rebuild the trans for the third time in two and a half years. Not to mention the wife while I was in the hospital two weeks ago took the Merc in to get it tuned up for me because befor the heart attack I had bought all of the stuff on Tues to tune it up and had the heart attack on Wed. That was wonderful and sweet and I love her for it. But they didn' do anything but change the plugs. The wires still say motorcraft on them and when it ran crappy I popped the cap on the dizzy and the rotor and cap were so corroded you wouldn't believe it. I would like to know what they did with my parts and why they charged her for doing the whole job and not doing it? Ok done with my rant. So how was your weekend

Old 02-11-2008, 09:02 PM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great, kinda now. Just found my heater core is on its way out of town without me. We are heading out in two weeks. Just Great. Better part, Doc said my leg is doing better. That's obvious, No Surgury.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by lostmybeer
Great, kinda now. Just found my heater core is on its way out of town without me. We are heading out in two weeks. Just Great. Better part, Doc said my leg is doing better. That's obvious, No Surgury.
Heater cores are pretty cheap and not that bad to replace...I had to take my glove box apart to do it, but was not bad.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:03 PM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
This one isn't that bad, real simple. Good thing I just didn't go on a shooting rampage like I wanted to at first.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by lostmybeer
This one isn't that bad, real simple. Good thing I just didn't go on a shooting rampage like I wanted to at first.
You get too uptight...Watch 'Up in Smoke"...Mello,Mello...LMFAO

Old 02-11-2008, 10:15 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Mike, Some are simple and easy. Others are a real BEAR!!!! My old shibby s-10 blazer was a 10 hour R&R plus it went out after 2K miles again..... Just got rid of it with bad core init.

Whitebenz, We are all here to Help. Let us what you need and when and WE WILL be there. Thare is plenty of help to go around.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
Mike, Some are simple and easy. Others are a real BEAR!!!! My old shibby s-10 blazer was a 10 hour R&R plus it went out after 2K miles again..... Just got rid of it with bad core init.

Whitebenz, We are all here to Help. Let us what you need and when and WE WILL be there. Thare is plenty of help to go around.
That was a wasted post Marty....Chevy said it all! It's kinda lika Toyota, Datsun or Hyundai.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:24 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
well, you know what they say, "if you are not wasted, The day is"

Old 02-11-2008, 10:51 PM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Hey, whitebenz is near the Cabelas. Rode trip?

Old 02-11-2008, 11:00 PM
whitebenz
Posting Guru
Thanks for the offer of help. I did some research and was told to unhook the MAF and see if it runs, yep so off to get a new used MAF. Went to Pick-A-Part in Tumwater and they have had a managment change and are very rude and tried to charge me more for the part than their listed price. When I went to argue the fact with them they said to get over it and pay it and that I could write down my complaint (he even gave me a piece of paper) and he would file it accordingly while lifting the garbage can up. I am calling Don tomarrow as he owns the yard and I have known him since I was a kid and let him know that his new assistant mngr and manager are a bunch of A..holes and that untill they are gone I will do my best to stop peaple from going there. He wouldn't even give me my reciept I had to go around the counter and get it then he threatened to call the cops. I told him that since I knew he was to stupid to do it himself that I would dial the phone for him. he just yelled at me to get the f.... out of there, like I wanted to stay?

Is the rest of the week going to be this way? If so I am not getting out of bed.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:08 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Wait, so you bought the part? Oh Buddy.... let a brotha know when that crap happens.... We all have connections to help you out or at a minninum can band a possy to blow smoke and dirt all over their shop. How many trucks would it take to block the driveway completly? I think mine may have a "mechanical failure" in front and not be able to move.... Until the 5-0 shows up.... i will do another run around the block and Bamm there it goes again.... Get my picture?

Old 02-11-2008, 11:09 PM
whitebenz
Posting Guru
Oh and Cabella's is COOL. It is about 25 min from the house. Plenty of parking and lots to do/spend money on And Mike congrats on the leg and sorry about the heater core. I hate it when they go bad. The last one I replaced was on a 1987 town car. You never want to go there, now I know why they quoted like $800.00 to change it, took me three days of off and on work. I did mine and two weeks later a gal ran a stop sign and I totaled it.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:10 PM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Just remember today is Monday. It only gets better as the week goes on. My uncle lives one exit down from the Cabelas, exit #111 I believe. I'll let him know of the issues you ran into at the Pick-a-Dump.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:12 PM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Are there any structural posts in the front of the building. I've never done a building tow. Sled pull yes, pretty much the samething.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:14 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
I would think so, Just hook chains slam it in 4lo and mash the throttle, Right?

Quick Reply: Dishonest people should be shot.