1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

94.5-95 No More Front cover mod!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:46 AM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
94.5-95 No More Front cover mod!!!

Okay, all the guys who have the 94.5's and 95's who want to go to a 17* Superduty HPOP, Listen up!!!!!

This is gonna get long, but bear with me.

****Before I get going on this, I would just like to say that everything I'm about to tell you, is just my experience with what I've done and who I dealt with. HPOP's and HPOS can be a rather HOT subject as I'm certain alot of you have seen on other boards. But the end result is gonna give alot of you options that you may not have known existed, which is my goal here. Not to start a who's better thread. Anyway, that's my disclaimer.*******

As alot of you know, and if you don't, I recently bought a new truck....New to me. Well, what alot of you may not know is, I almost didn't buy it simply because it was a 95. I NEVER wanted to deal with the issue of having to mill my front cover and plug a hole with a self tapping screw. And that is exactly what you have to do, if you want to run a later model 17* HPOP to feed bigger injectors. Until Now!

For some of the guys on here, this will be nothing new. But I hope at least I can more in depth info on the subject. Here we go.

For quite a while, I've pondered running "Big Oil". The really kick azz dual HPOP setups. There is Terminator Engineering, Stealth, and Beans DIY Stealth. But the thought of re-arranging my fuel system really made me nervous. So I let the fear of the unknown squash those thoughts.

Then the introduction of the pulse caught my attention. As well as the Stealth single pump. I also some time back, heard Beans offered a 21* pump, but never read about it, or saw it. But after further reading, the Stealth single still needed to move the fuel. So I read on about the Pulse. And somewhere in there I read something that turned the lights on.

It said "We can also modify your 17* pump to work in your 94.5 and 95 trucks without bleed down issues." DING DING DING.

Okay, my first thought is man, they probably charge butt loads to do it. I don't know, I always thought, "These Big Oil guys are so far above my head". And so I let my mechanical knowledge squash this idea, for about a week. LOL Then my "Cody is a Rock Star" mentality finally kicked back in and said "CALL THESE PEOPLE AND TALK TO THEM WANKA!!!!!!" (Sorry, Rock Star Cody is British, I think"

This is where the twist comes, and could cause people to go off. When it comes to what I want, there are things I like and don't. And for those of you that know me, names, or labels are everything. I have to like the way it looks, sounds, or works. And it doesn't have to be all three.

So I'm thinking, if one "Big Oil" place can mod these pumps, I'm sure they all can......... Reguardless of never owning big oil, or even knowing someone who has it, I have always liked Terminator Engineering. I love the name, period, point blank. So I decided to get in touch with Joey at Terminator Engineering and ask if he can do this mod. To which he immediately replied Yes.

How much you ask?????? How does $50 sound? You better damn well believe $50 to do this so I don't have to mill the front cover is WELL worth my time. He tells me, "Send me both pumps, I'll build it that day, and get it back to you." So for $50, he takes the 17* internals and puts them in the 95 case with the check valve. He keeps the 17* case and 15* internals for core parts. But I'm certain you can just send the 17* and have it modified without also sending the 15* pump. But I'm also certain that it would cost more.

Basicly the way I understand it, the $50 just covers his time and whatever O-rings need replacing. And he doesn't have to use any of his parts because you sent him 2 pumps. I never did ask what it would cost without sending 2 pumps.

So I send him my pumps, and he did the swap and had it back in the mail to me very quickly. I sent them out to him Monday, they got there Friday, and the pump was in the mail on it's way to me the following monday.

How easy was that? And the communication between Joey and I was excellent. He answered ALL my stupid question, and was very professional the whole way. He was excellent to deal with and did everything he said he would, when he said he would do it. Fantastic customer service.

So in the end, I HIGHLY recommend getting in touch with Joey at Terminator Engineering if you are wanting to put a 17* pump on your 94.5 or 95, and not mod the front cover. While alot of us may think, "man, those guys don't want to talk to me." That's wrong, they do. I know for a fact Joey does. He's a great guy, and will definatly talk to the "average joes" In fact he is one of us and is active on these boards, and other boards. I'm so happy I contacted him, and wish I had done it sooner. So for everyone "fearing" the front cover, let Terminator Engineering take care of it for you. Enjoy, and sorry for the long post.

P.S. I haven't installed the pump yet, hopefully this weekend.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:59 AM
wreckit72
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tried to rep you but have to spread it around. Thanks for the info.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:38 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very Nice Cody!! I knew they could do that but I would have guessed for than $50 for swapping parts!! I think it $400 if you just send a 15* pump. Pretty much covers a new 17* and labor but not much more!! This really is a great option for the all the 94.5 to 95 trucks!! thanks for the report Cody.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:12 AM
MADVAN
Postmaster
Cool Deal!!!

Bill

Old 05-23-2008, 01:20 PM
bnine
Senior User
Found this in my searches over lunch here. Awsome write up Rubberduck. Thanks for that.

Answers a few of the questions I had today concerning bigger oil.

I imagine you've gotten this thing installed now? How do you like it?

Old 05-23-2008, 11:12 PM
farmer ford
Senior User
reps sent. so would it be about the same if i sent in my pump and he just put parts in there or do i need to buy the 17* first?

Old 05-24-2008, 04:36 AM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
bnine, Yes, the pump has been in for quite a while. I've had no issues with it what so ever. It works great, no bleed down. I know it will be even better when I correct the programing for the injectors I'm using. I'm still using stage 1 programing for stage 2's

Farmer, I don't think it would be the same price. But I really wouldn't think twice about emailing Joey to find out. Like I said in the post, he's really a cool guy and will answer anything you throw at him no matter how big or small. I think you will probably be suprised.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:57 PM
mklemin
Senior User
Will the 17* push enough to run stage II's without setting a CEL?? i was wondering or thought just go with a pulse!! just didnt know what to do. Dieselsite sells a product that also might cure the dredded 95 prob but im not sure will have to do some further investigation <TABLE id=AutoNumber4 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=11></TD><TD class=centercontent style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" vAlign=top width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<TABLE class=default id=AutoNumber1 height="100%" cellPadding=2 width="100%" valign="bottom"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="100%" height="100%">Fuel Systems -CPR? > </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>******** language=javascript>function increase(){var intQty = document.frmAddItemToCart.intQty.value;intQty++;do cument.frmAddItemToCart.intQty.value = intQty;}function decrease(){var intQty = document.frmAddItemToCart.intQty.value;intQty = intQty - 1;if(intQty < 0)intQty = 0;document.frmAddItemToCart.intQty.value = intQty;}function loadProGallery(intProductID){var strURL = 'ProductImageGallery.asp?ProductID=' + intProductID + '&GalleryItem=1';window.open(strURL,"","width=400, height=355,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,location=n o,true")}function valAddProd(){var objH = document.frmAddItemToCart.intQty;if(IsNumeric(objH .value)==false){alert('Please Only Enter Numeric Values For The Qty Box!');objH.value = objH.defaultValue;objH.focus();objH.select();retur n false;}else{return true;}}function validateMin(intCalledFrom){if (document.frmAddItemToCart.intQty.value < 1){switch (intCalledFrom){case 1:alert('You must add at least 1 of this product to your wish list.');break;default:alert('You Must Order At Least 1 of this Product to add it to your cart.');}document.frmAddItemToCart.intQty.value = "1";document.frmAddItemToCart.intQty.focus();retur n false;}try{return validatePersonalizationQuestionsNow();}catch(err) {}}*********><FORM id=frmAddItemToCart name=frmAddItemToCart onsubmit="return valAddProd();" action=index.asp?PageAction=ADDPRODTOCART method=post><INPUT type=hidden value=868 name=ProdID><INPUT type=hidden name=MMPref> <TABLE id=AutoNumber1 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=ProdDisplay1 align=middle width="100%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=default id=AutoNumber1 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=ProdDisplay1 align=left width="50%">DIESELSITE </TD><TD class=ProdDisplay1 align=right width="50%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE id=AutoNumber2 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" height=46 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=813 colSpan=2 height=14></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width="100%" colSpan=2>
<INPUT id=txtMainOrigImgSrc type=hidden value=ProductImages/hpra.gif name=txtMainOrigImgSrc>
Email this to a friend

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=ProdDisplay1>Dieselsite HPOP Reservoir Filter Adapter</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FORM></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old 05-25-2008, 05:16 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Originally Posted by mklemin
Will the 17* push enough to run stage II's without setting a CEL?? i was wondering or thought just go with a pulse!! just didnt know what to do. Dieselsite sells a product that also might cure the dredded 95 prob but im not sure will have to do some further investigation <table id="AutoNumber4" style="border-collapse: collapse;" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="95%"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="11">
</td><td class="centercontent" style="border-collapse: collapse;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" valign="top" width="100%">
<table class="default" id="AutoNumber1" valign="bottom" cellpadding="2" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td height="100%" valign="bottom" width="100%">Fuel Systems -CPR? > </td></tr></tbody></table>******** language=javascript>function increase(){var intQty = document.frmAddItemToCart.intQty.value;intQty++;do cument.frmAddItemToCart.intQty.value = intQty;}function decrease(){var intQty = document.frmAddItemToCart.intQty.value;intQty = intQty - 1;if(intQty < 0)intQty = 0;document.frmAddItemToCart.intQty.value = intQty;}function loadProGallery(intProductID){var strURL = 'ProductImageGallery.asp?ProductID=' + intProductID + '&GalleryItem=1';window.open(strURL,"","width=400, height=355,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,location=n o,true")}function valAddProd(){var objH = document.frmAddItemToCart.intQty;if(IsNumeric(objH .value)==false){alert('Please Only Enter Numeric Values For The Qty Box!');objH.value = objH.defaultValue;objH.focus();objH.select();retur n false;}else{return true;}}function validateMin(intCalledFrom){if (document.frmAddItemToCart.intQty.value < 1){switch (intCalledFrom){case 1:alert('You must add at least 1 of this product to your wish list.');break;default:alert('You Must Order At Least 1 of this Product to add it to your cart.');}document.frmAddItemToCart.intQty.value = "1";document.frmAddItemToCart.intQty.focus();retur n false;}try{return validatePersonalizationQuestionsNow();}catch(err) {}}*********><form id="frmAddItemToCart" name="frmAddItemToCart" onsubmit="return valAddProd();" action="index.asp?PageAction=ADDPRODTOCART" method="post"><input value="868" name="ProdID" type="hidden"><input name="MMPref" type="hidden"> <table id="AutoNumber1" cellpadding="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="ProdDisplay1" align="center" width="100%"> </td></tr></tbody></table><table class="default" id="AutoNumber1" cellpadding="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="ProdDisplay1" align="left" width="50%">DIESELSITE </td><td class="ProdDisplay1" align="right" width="50%">
</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="AutoNumber2" style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="46" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" height="14" width="813">
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="center" width="100%">
<input id="txtMainOrigImgSrc" value="ProductImages/hpra.gif" name="txtMainOrigImgSrc" type="hidden">
Email this to a friend

</td></tr></tbody></table><table style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="ProdDisplay1">Dieselsite HPOP Reservoir Filter Adapter</td></tr></tbody></table></form></td></tr></tbody></table>
You may still get a CEL with 2's and a 17*. depends on your pump. Also that kit is for supplying a Big oil setup and won't cure the early drain back issue.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:04 PM
mklemin
Senior User
thats kinda what i thought but sure wouldnt hurt to have. also this doesnt fit the 94.5 -95s they are working on that rite now. great write up Cody by the way! thanks for putting the time for all of us

Old 05-27-2008, 11:07 PM
mklemin
Senior User
What would be the best way to go for stageII'2? double up or just a bigger better pump? dont want to have to move my filter yet but figure that is in the future.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
I am in the same boat. I got a 17* to tie me over till I am ready to move the filter bowl. I will then use the 17* and the 15* I just removed and stack them together.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:11 PM
lukecline
Posting Guru
So you sent him a 50 bucks and he got to keep the 15* pump???? sounds like he got the better end of the deal considering he's running out of cores.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:43 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Originally Posted by lukecline
So you sent him a 50 bucks and he got to keep the 15* pump???? sounds like he got the better end of the deal considering he's running out of cores.
I just sent him 2 cores! he was more than happy to take them. I am waiting for the return product to come in the mail! (its not big oil)

Old 05-28-2008, 09:59 PM
lukecline
Posting Guru
Im sure he was happy to take them lol.