Offroad & 4x4
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have experience with Super Swamper LTB's?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 04:34 AM
godblessmud
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have experience with Super Swamper LTB's?

I was just cruizing around the Interco site lamenting the fact that Groundhawgs arnt made in 33"s (which turns out they are!) when i ran across the SS LTB series, and for some reason it didnt sound familiar. Anyways thought id get some info on them.
What do (did) you think of them in mud, snow, trails, street? I dont much care for rocks...
These would be going on my DD so if you can say apx how many miles they lasted would be helpful.

EDIT: Remember of course that by DD i meen working jobsites and in the fields, driving to school and playing offroad every weekend. Notice that there are ZERO trips to the mall in my weekly schedule

Last edited by godblessmud; 02-03-2008 at 04:37 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:55 AM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
The only interco tires that I have any experience with is Boggers, TSL's, and Irocs. I have seen the LTB's. They are a little more agressive than the tsl's. I don't know about performance or tread life. What are these going on?

Old 02-03-2008, 11:18 AM
gnwalker
Elder User
A guy I know had a set of 33s on his toyota pickup and he claimed they couldn't get stuck. But they were pretty noisy and he only got close to 13000 miles out of them mostly driving on the street

Old 02-03-2008, 12:04 PM
davethecow
Elder User
A buddy of mine had a set on his v10 dog....uhh i mean dodge.and like most ltb's they suck in sand.seemed pretty tough and didn't get cut up real bad.Ther offered in narrow sizes witch can be a plus.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:31 PM
quadzjr
just another Rockwell looser
great off roading tire.....has very deep tread, and are slightly more aggresive than the reg. swamper....but i wouldn't look into a mud tire for millage or streetabilty.....

Old 02-03-2008, 12:56 PM
STGFordCrazy04
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by quadzjr
great off roading tire.....has very deep tread, and are slightly more aggresive than the reg. swamper....but i wouldn't look into a mud tire for millage or streetabilty.....

X2

A buddy had them on a tacoma and they litterally started throwing outside lugs off the tires at 15k miles. The center was already slick. Great mud tire though.

Heads up incase you didnt know.
15k miles on the street probably = 25-30k miles on dirt. Basically a trail only truck will probably never wear a set of tires out.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:32 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
I have my 36" TSL's for over 6 years. They still have over half thread. My truck doesnt see the highway much but when it does I half to spin them over to prove to all of the doubters that my old Ford truck can.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:44 PM
godblessmud
Posting Guru
This is going on the F150.
I dont care at all about road vibrations but tread mileage is a concern.
How about SSR's for mileage?

Old 02-03-2008, 03:49 PM
STGFordCrazy04
Post Fiend
SSRs are much better for mileage.

SX LTB or Boggers and mileage shouldnt be in the same sentence

Old 02-03-2008, 03:52 PM
quadzjr
just another Rockwell looser
Originally Posted by STGFordCrazy04
SSRs are much better for mileage.

SX LTB or Boggers and mileage shouldnt be in the same sentence
x2.....dont get any sort of mud tire for a truck that sees a lot of street....a m/t would be a better option.....or just be really hardcore and get a set of a/t's

Old 02-03-2008, 03:58 PM
godblessmud
Posting Guru
Yea.....my standards are so scewed from all the hardcore offroading tires that most MTs to me are like ATs to a normal person. So its hard to swallow buying them. Espescially when swampers are so much cheaper and outperform any MT

Old 02-03-2008, 08:16 PM
godblessmud
Posting Guru
Like for example, i was just looking at some tread shots of the Maxxis Buckshots and i cant get over how multi-directional and closly spaced the tread is, and no lugs to speak of! I guess my opinions of an agressive tire doesnt match that of most others because i think most MTs are weak lol.

Wow and howabout SSRs for being expensive! For 4 SSR's 33x12.5 its $831 ! For 4 33x13.5 LTBs is only $562 ! Those are small tires too!

Old 02-03-2008, 09:02 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I personally like the LTB, and if they would of had a 35-38, I would of bought them instead of my Iroks(but no complaints with them).
I found four 34x10.50-17s on sale for $440 brand new(over stock), and had to get them.

They pull a LOT harder than I thought! Stoping in some bad stuff, getting on it, and thinking the roof was going to have dents from the clumps, all while moving a long.

I expect to get 10k out of them, but think 15K is possible, but not counting on it. So far..... I think they have 60 miles on them, so they should be pretty good!
On the street....they are loud!, but what can you expect from a swamper. They didn't seem squirmy, unstable or anything.... seems like a very good tire, just a soft bias ply.
They even have a pretty good load rating.

So for mileage.... they aren't any good, and the SSR would be much better, but have such shallow lugs.... unless you want to try out interco's new one (what is it....SSM16) to crawl around the mall in

Old 02-03-2008, 09:24 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Hey I actually like the look of the M16. Maaybe for the superduty. It's too heavy for the mud. I definatly don't want swampers on it. Right now I have 33" Firestone destinations on it. They were on the truck when I bought it. I hate those tires. I have spun them over on hard dirt and ripped chunks out of the thread. Ok I was doing donuts. The thread is too soft and they are as loud as my TSL's.

I don't know what I want to put on the superduty. I want a 35" something. I want a radial. I would put toyos if they didn't cost so much.

Next tire for the F150 will be 38.5x15x15 boggers.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:50 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rbloodhound
Hey I actually like the look of the M16. Maaybe for the superduty. It's too heavy for the mud. I definatly don't want swampers on it. Right now I have 33" Firestone destinations on it. They were on the truck when I bought it. I hate those tires. I have spun them over on hard dirt and ripped chunks out of the thread. Ok I was doing donuts. The thread is too soft and they are as loud as my TSL's.

I don't know what I want to put on the superduty. I want a 35" something. I want a radial. I would put toyos if they didn't cost so much.

Next tire for the F150 will be 38.5x15x15 boggers.

There you go! I'm thinking of the exact same tires for the bronco(next set).

For the superduty...You ever heard of the Cooper discover STT? Looks just like the toyo open country m/ts, but cheaper. They have a distributor in my area, and several people are running them and getting decent mileage when taking care of them and they're not to expensive(here anyway), and most trucks with them are full sizes and super dutys. I was thinking of putting some on my dad's truck....

Quick Reply: Anyone have experience with Super Swamper LTB's?