Notices
6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

6.4 Performance Tunes and Mods

Old 01-22-2008, 10:46 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru
SANDDEMON08 has a great reputation on FTE.SANDDEMON08 has a great reputation on FTE.SANDDEMON08 has a great reputation on FTE.SANDDEMON08 has a great reputation on FTE.SANDDEMON08 has a great reputation on FTE.SANDDEMON08 has a great reputation on FTE.
Talking 6.4 Performance Tunes and Mods

I want to see how others are doing with there tuned 6.4's and what mods they have done. I'm intrested to here about a EGR delete and how its working. Ya we all know about the warranty thing so lets keep this on track.

I have a 1808 flash pak and the custom 150Hp DPF delete tune from Matt at Spartan Diesel and i am very impressed with the engine performance and the trans tunes. I'm still makeing some adjustments to the DPF delete pipe i made but this thing runs. The power is very smooth through the whole RPM range. Best of all, you dont have to tach the thing out to make big power. Another impressive add is considering the HP gain and the DPF delete the thing still barely smokes.

I'll have some dyno numbers to post in a week or so, and some milage numbers.

Haven't towed with any tunes yet, wait'in for my dash dak to get in so i can moniter the EGT's.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:51 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
SpartanDieselTech is a name known to allSpartanDieselTech is a name known to allSpartanDieselTech is a name known to allSpartanDieselTech is a name known to allSpartanDieselTech is a name known to allSpartanDieselTech is a name known to all
Glad to hear you are liking it, Shane.

I've got 100hp Injectors, a new low pressure turbocharger, and a partially complete Dual CP3 kit to install on my truck; just need to find the time to pull the cab.

I'm going to go ahead and do the mods to the stock long block and see just how much power it will handle before something gives way. Once something does, that will give me an excuse to tear it down and build it properly

5,500 miles and counting...we will see how long it holds up.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:56 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru
SANDDEMON08 has a great reputation on FTE.SANDDEMON08 has a great reputation on FTE.SANDDEMON08 has a great reputation on FTE.SANDDEMON08 has a great reputation on FTE.SANDDEMON08 has a great reputation on FTE.SANDDEMON08 has a great reputation on FTE.
Sounds good Matt. Im excited to see what kind of numbers these things will produce.

Any word on when the Dash Dak's will be available?

Last edited by SANDDEMON08; 01-22-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:02 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
SpartanDieselTech is a name known to allSpartanDieselTech is a name known to allSpartanDieselTech is a name known to allSpartanDieselTech is a name known to allSpartanDieselTech is a name known to allSpartanDieselTech is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SANDDEMON08
Sounds good Matt. Im excited to see what kind of numbers these things will produce.

Any word on when the Dash Dak's will be available?
The DashDAQ's have been on backorder again for some time and I've had no luck getting ahold of DrewTech I have been bugging them every day as we have been waiting for over 2 weeks, but no luck yet.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:06 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru
Right on, im sure it will be worth the wait.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:27 PM
true4.2
Postmaster
true4.2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
This should be interesting.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:27 AM
spatel23
Senior User
spatel23 is starting off with a positive reputation.
cant wait to see the numbers. Good luck with the testing

Old 01-23-2008, 01:28 AM
gopedoligist
Elder User
gopedoligist is starting off with a positive reputation.
im glad this thread got started. it seems like 90% of the problems on this forum are related to the dpf/regens. and to me it seems like getting rid of those, would only make the truck more reliable! cant wait to cut mine loose!!

Old 01-23-2008, 06:22 AM
hallkk
New User
hallkk is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey Matt, I was wondering when your going to have your delete pipe with the unique FORD flange made up? And what do you think the cost of that will be provided I purchase your delete tune and I provide the flashpaq?
And what this dashdaq all about?

Kris

Old 01-23-2008, 05:48 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru
Check it out, its a trick setup vs gauges all over. It will show any parimeters that the PCM moniters, plus gps, movies est. HP and TQ values and alot more.

www.dashdaq.com/

Old 01-23-2008, 06:40 PM
SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Posting Guru
SUPERDUTY_untouchabl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by PSD 60L Fx4

I've got 100hp Injectors, a new low pressure turbocharger, and a partially complete Dual CP3 kit to install on my truck; just need to find the time to pull the cab.

I'm going to go ahead and do the mods to the stock long block and see just how much power it will handle before something gives way. Once something does, that will give me an excuse to tear it down and build it properly

I like your thinkin. Mod till it blows then mod even more....

Old 01-24-2008, 11:31 AM
duramaximizer
Posting Guru
duramaximizer is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.

No sense in wasting time.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:39 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru
The DashDAQ's have been on backorder again for some time and I've had no luck getting ahold of DrewTech I have been bugging them every day as we have been waiting for over 2 weeks, but no luck yet.
I talked to Brian at Drew Tech and he said they going to start shipping next week.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:56 PM
pugster
Senior User
pugster is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wink Investment

SANDDEMON, can you give me an idea of how much $$ this system cost? If diesel hits $4.00 per gal next year, it won't take much to justify using something to improve mileage. I'd have to take a chance on giving up my warranty if I could get 2 or 3 more mpg on average at these fuel prices - just pure economics. Thanks.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:14 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by pugster
SANDDEMON, can you give me an idea of how much $$ this system cost? If diesel hits $4.00 per gal next year, it won't take much to justify using something to improve mileage. I'd have to take a chance on giving up my warranty if I could get 2 or 3 more mpg on average at these fuel prices - just pure economics. Thanks.
The 1808 superchip flash Pak with Matts tunes is around 930.00

I built my own delete pipe, i have 250.00 invested into it includeing the new temp sensors, that does not include my own fab and welding time. I bought 2 new temp sensors @ 57.00 each from ford instead of re-using the old ones. You could re-use the old ones, but i wanted a drop in piece that did not require me to make any alterations to the stock DPF set-up. My set up can be changed back to stock in less than 15 minutes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6.4 Performance Tunes and Mods

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: