1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

F100 Supernationals

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 10:39 PM
427SOHC
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F100 Supernationals

Hey FTE members, The F100 Supernationals in Knoxville, Tennessee this May will possibly be the last all Truck show held and will be open to all Ford's starting next year.

If you have not attended before this may be the last chance to be part of the F100 show that it has been known for for over 30 years.

The 2 links below has more information pertaining to the change, read all the posts.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...nationals.html

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...ml#post5597306

I know there is a specific forum for this post, but not everone may see it there.

WWW.F100SUPERNATIONALS.COM for registration information and date.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:58 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
I said after the dissapointing show last year that I wouldn't go back until my truck was finished. Looks like it'll never make it now. I hate to see Pat give up the Nats, but I realize he is getting on up in years and there is a lot of work involved in a show of this magnitude.
I guess all of us "Eastern Halfers" will have to make a "Super Tour" to the Western Nats. Hmmmm..... that just might be an idea, just 1700 miles one way for me.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:54 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will concentrate on Carlisle and Summit and some smaller shows locally!! I liked the Supernat's --but not this yr!! Bill

Old 01-20-2008, 12:01 PM
2many56s
Senior User
if pat ford sold the show, what exactly did he sell? The reservations to the park on that weekend? I could see the name as well, but what good is that when its open to all fords? In all honesty, maybe the new owner would be interested in moving to a different location? Pat ford has held a great show and has done a tremendous amount of work in the f-100 community and I for one have always enjoyed the show. Pat ford said back in pigeon forge would never happen, maybe now? Wait and see!

Old 01-20-2008, 03:50 PM
9teen56f100
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I for one hope the “F-100 Supernationals” do not become just another class or section to park at an open Car show. There are plenty of opportunities to attend that type of show. Pat has done a super job of warding off that temptation for many years with great success. The move to Knoxville brought the chance to expose more automotive minded folks to our passion for F-100s. I think it was a bold move to start having guest classes, but the heart and soul of the show has always been the 53-56 F-100. It’s never good to feel like a guest in your own home. If someone else is to take the rains of this show, I would hope that it would continue to be the “F-100 Supernationals”.

brian…

Old 01-20-2008, 04:41 PM
427SOHC
Senior User
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 5603211" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>2many56s</TD><TD class=alt2>if pat ford sold the show, what exactly did he sell? The reservations to the park on that weekend? I could see the name as well, but what good is that when its open to all fords? In all honesty, maybe the new owner would be interested in moving to a different location? Pat ford has held a great show and has done a tremendous amount of work in the f-100 community and I for one have always enjoyed the show. Pat ford said back in pigeon forge would never happen, maybe now? Wait and see!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Not sure what was sold, the rumor is another party that lives in the Knoxville area are the ones that will continue, or in this case "discontinue" the show as we know it.

I personally miss the Pigeon Forge days, there would have been more than enough room for the show if it was moved to the location of the Shades Of The Past show.

Other members thought we could send Pat off with strong show attendance.

From what I was told the information on the show was not to have been shared, but the person that passed it along felt it needed passed down and that anybody that was not sure if they would go may have a good reason to attend this years show.

Last edited by 427SOHC; 01-20-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The show has been going down hill for the last few years. We've been goin since '93. I'm not too surprised to hear such news after last year's attendance. There wasn't as many trucks there. I've heard some good things about the show in Pigeon Forge in June. They say it's more like the Supernats was in the beginning. I miss the old days when we stood in the parking lot till early in the morning watching cars and trucks go up and down the road. The original Supernats in the early 90's coincided with the tri-5 chevy show, and a street rod show.

There was alot of cool rods up and down the strip all night!! Also my wife's uncle owns a cabin out Wear's Valley Road, so the Pigeon Forge show makes more sence for me!! I'm with the rest of you guys, there's alot of places where we can be accepted, but the Supernats was a show that was FOR us not just allowing us to be in it. I've been kind of bummed since the move to Knoxville.

As Forset Gump says, That's all I have to say about that

Old 01-20-2008, 05:52 PM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
Brian,

Hey if this all turns out to be the case you will just have to attend the F100 Show in Pigeon Forge in June. You normally drive down for a week anyway to go to PForge. Only thing is it about a week or two after Indy Goodguys, which is a great one in itself.

Later Donald

Old 01-20-2008, 06:00 PM
427SOHC
Senior User
Hey there Truxx1956 or should I call you "Forrest Gump",

I felt is went downhill since the move to Knoxville, but I still enjoy the show despite attendance and the 35-40 drive back to Gatlinburg.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:13 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
There's always the Dells. I for one, would just like to get my truck done and attend a show where us fellow FTE'rs will be.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:22 PM
2many56s
Senior User
Donald makes a good point, they have a show in pigeon forge, I suppose if the nats turn sour with a new owner, its simply time to spread the word that PF is the place to be. Remember its up to us as truck owners to go where we like. On another note, it would be nice to have the biggest turn out ever for Pat ford's last. Although I don't see that happening in less he announces it well before the show......

Old 01-21-2008, 12:37 AM
Aussie 53
Tuned
Looks like my decision to visit the Western Nationals this year was a good one. All I have herd is negative vibes about the Super Nationals.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:14 AM
9teen56f100
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Donald,
We’ll have to see how this year goes before giving up on the Supernationals. We’ve been going since 88’ and even on a down year like 07’ there were still more F-100’s there than anywhere else you could name. I believe there were over 900 there on a ‘down year’. As for the new show in Pigeon Forge, I would love to go to it too. Might have to break up the week vacation and plan part of it in May and the rest in June.
brian…

Old 01-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Lance Hogan
More Turbo

My father and I have been attending the F100 Supernationals for the past 10 years. I was shocked to read that Pat Ford has decided to sell the show. I am interested in attending both the Supernationals in Knoxville and the “new” F100 show in Pigeon Forge in June this year as I believe this is an opportunity to witness history (the closing of an F100 era and starting of another). Does anyone know the dates of the “new” F100 show in Pigeon Forge? I would like to reserve vacation time so I can attend, but need to know the dates first. Also, where will the "new" F100 show be held in Pigeon Forge?

Old 01-21-2008, 10:15 AM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by 9teen56f100
Donald,
We’ll have to see how this year goes before giving up on the Supernationals. We’ve been going since 88’ and even on a down year like 07’ there were still more F-100’s there than anywhere else you could name. I believe there were over 900 there on a ‘down year’. As for the new show in Pigeon Forge, I would love to go to it too. Might have to break up the week vacation and plan part of it in May and the rest in June.
brian…
Brian,
I concur. Good or bad it is still the largest showing of F100's ANYWHERE in the US. I plan to, Lord Willing, to make both shows this year. Probably drive up to Knoxville on Thursday evening spend all day Friday and drive back home Friday evening when the gates close.

Lance,
The Great Smoky Mountain F100 Run dates are June 19-21st at the Smoky Shadows Motel and Convention Center in Pigeon Forge. I made my room reservation last year before I left the show . Lord willing I will drive up on Wednesday evening and stay thru the little awards ceremony at the end Saturday.

Quick Reply: F100 Supernationals