Sponsored by:

100 MPG Excursion. Is this possible?

Old 01-19-2008, 12:12 AM
fordcountry
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
100 MPG Excursion. Is this possible?

Check out this website: http://www.preignitioncc.com/default/index.htm

Is this Pre Ignition Catalytic Converter a hoax?

They are claiming SUV's could reach a 100 MPG fuel economy.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:31 AM
mudmaker
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I dont know about the pre ignition deal, but the hydrogen generator is a real deal. If you look in the 7.3 forum there is a thread discussing it. I think one guy has a rather crude set up and is making over 25mpg with his f250. There are alot us looking at experiment ourselves. I personally have to wait for warmer temps as you are dealing with water.

edit: here is the thread
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...002-7-3-a.html

Last edited by mudmaker; 01-19-2008 at 12:33 AM.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:04 AM
quietman
Tuned
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
The catalytic stuff is obvious junk "science"

Injecting hydrogen, or propane or methanol or
other fuels will decrease the amount of the
primary fuel used per unit work.

To break water down into hydrogen/oxygen
using electricity you need to generate electricity,
and the amount of energy available by burning
the hydrogen produced will be less than the
energy used to produce the electricity.

Adding hydrogen to the air intake of an internal
combustion engine will promote hydrogen embrittlement
of the parts of the engine exposed to the burning
hydrogen.

If/when these issues are addressed, commercial and
performance vehicles will be retro-fitted, and new
vehicles will eventually follow suit.

Until then...

Quietman
www.roenation.com
2005 EXCURSION LIMITED-options (everything) equipped Eddie Bauer edition 4X4 PSD
4" FabTech lift/level, Bilstein $$ mono-gas shocks, Rancho Steering Stabilizer
Silverstar 9005 fog and H13ST headlights + wiring mod to run high beam and fogs together,
BFG 315/75/16 AT KO's on Factory Mags, 22" front and 18" rear rain-x wipers, Auto
-zone aftermarket voltage gauge, LANDYOT Generation II Radius Rods,
Ford factory hood insulator, Mojave Pin-Striping

Old 01-19-2008, 08:05 PM
igotoneforya
Elder User
I filled out the form for a quote and all that...received immediate response of "we have your request and will be ...."
I will need detailed info on returns when I fail to acheive 50% gains and who checks on it...i mean I can always return things when I am not satisfied but who needs to validate I do not get 50% more mpgs?
I do not think it will work but i want to see what it costs at least...

Old 01-19-2008, 08:32 PM
fordcountry
Senior User
Originally Posted by igotoneforya
I filled out the form for a quote and all that...received immediate response of "we have your request and will be ...."
I will need detailed info on returns when I fail to acheive 50% gains and who checks on it...i mean I can always return things when I am not satisfied but who needs to validate I do not get 50% more mpgs?
I do not think it will work but i want to see what it costs at least...
I figured there's no harm in securing a quote? The 1st stage sounds simple to install and running it for a month or so won't hurt. I'd be happy with a couple more MPG on the V-10

I posted this from the webite:

Every car has a Catalytic Converter. The Catalytic Converter that is currently installed on your car is intended to help eliminate pollution and is located in your exhaust pipe. It works by breaking down the large gas molecules that were not burned in your engine and turns them into smaller particles that can be burned in your tailpipe before being released into the air, so less exhaust hits the environment. What if we could turn the gases you are throwing away via your exhaust into added mileage and power for your vehicle?

In other words, what if we “cracked” the gas and broke it down into smaller particles before it went into the engine — not after the engine had wasted it? Everything you would otherwise be throwing away would now be burned IN YOUR ENGINE, providing additional mileage and power! Well, that is what we did! Using a magnetic and electrical reaction to break down the fuel molecules into their elemental state, the PICC creates a plasma, which burns super efficiently and cleanly! Our “Pre-Ignition” Catalytic Converter feeds the engine instead of the environment. So the gasoline you pay for goes further and the exhaust is so negligible it hardly registers.

Can you imagine what being able to burn all the gasoline in your engine would mean to fuel savings? Here’s what our scientific testing has shown: In one test at our Research Facility, we got 9X the fuel efficiency from a gas guzzling 318 V-8 Chrysler engine. We ran a 318 V-8 Chrysler engine on a brand new state of the art dynamometer (the same testing equipment that Detroit uses) at 3,000 rpms under a 50% load for an hour. This test condition approximated an 8 cylinder van with a 318 engine, traveling up a 30 degree incline for one hour, at 65 miles per hour. Before the PICC modification, the engine used 18 pounds of fuel. At an average weight of 6.15 pounds per gallon for gasoline, that would equal 2.93 gallons of fuel. Converting that into miles per gallon, it got around 22 mpg.
The researchers then switched the fuel injection process to the PICC Modification and ran the engine under the exact same conditions for another hour. Now, the engine used only 2 pounds of fuel instead of 18 — an increase in efficiency of 9x. In other words, the vehicle traveling at 65 mph up a 30 degree incline for an hour would have obtained almost 200 mpg! When they shut off the engine, the researchers reported that it coasted on the plasma for another two minutes. </FONT>

What Does This Mean To You?

This test with a 318 V-8 gas guzzling engine is just the first big V-8 engine that we ran under scientific conditions at our Research Facility. We believe based on results like these that our plasma could revolutionize fuel economy for ALL vehicles — including SUVs and Pickups — that should easily get better than 100 miles per gallon with the PICC. To be able to modify SUVs of any size to get 100 mpg minimal fuel economy will revolutionize the auto industry!

</SPAN></SPAN>

Last edited by fordcountry; 01-19-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:53 PM
fordcountry
Senior User
Originally Posted by quietman
The catalytic stuff is obvious junk "science"

Injecting hydrogen, or propane or methanol or
other fuels will decrease the amount of the
primary fuel used per unit work.

To break water down into hydrogen/oxygen
using electricity you need to generate electricity,
and the amount of energy available by burning
the hydrogen produced will be less than the
energy used to produce the electricity.

Adding hydrogen to the air intake of an internal
combustion engine will promote hydrogen embrittlement
of the parts of the engine exposed to the burning
hydrogen.

If/when these issues are addressed, commercial and
performance vehicles will be retro-fitted, and new
vehicles will eventually follow suit.

Until then...

Quietman
www.roenation.com
2005 EXCURSION LIMITED-options (everything) equipped Eddie Bauer edition 4X4 PSD
4" FabTech lift/level, Bilstein $$ mono-gas shocks, Rancho Steering Stabilizer
Silverstar 9005 fog and H13ST headlights + wiring mod to run high beam and fogs together,
BFG 315/75/16 AT KO's on Factory Mags, 22" front and 18" rear rain-x wipers, Auto
-zone aftermarket voltage gauge, LANDYOT Generation II Radius Rods,
Ford factory hood insulator, Mojave Pin-Striping
Quietman, I don't believe they are injecting any other fuels in this process. It appears to me that they are breaking down the gasoline into particles so that the engine can process the fuel more efficiently. I don't now much about it but I sort of understand what they are doing. We'll see...

Old 01-19-2008, 08:54 PM
afreemanmd
Elder User
from an energy standpoint, its never going to work. It will always take more energy to do the electrolysis than you will be able to get out of it - its not a perfect system. The extra fuel that might be saved by adding extra H2 and O2 will be negated by the fact that the alternator is going to have to work harder, putting more strain on the engine. Its the same thing as fuel magnets and certain **special** motor oils magically increasing engine performance over other full synthetics **cough cough royal purple and amsoil cough cough** (not that they are bad, but they won't magically increase HP or anything)

First of all, all that catalytic converter business they talk about is Bull S****. Cat's don't break down the fuel so it burns in the tailpipe, they take CO, NO, and unburned hydrocarbons and use a catalyst for a RedOx (not a combustion reaction) to chemically convert all that to CO2 and H20 and even a little 02. The point is that that site can't even get its facts together, never-mind do real science. Its basically a scam.

Oh and if you watch the video it says that the new fuel will burn so clean that you NEVER need to change your oil. Come on. You need to change your oil mainly because it gets hot and breaks down as it goes through the engine, NOT because it gets contaminated (although that is also a factor)

And I'm not exactly sure, but is this thing trying to run *plasma* through your ejectors that are meant for liquid fuel (that is vaporized when injected into the engine)? That can't be good.

Besides, it sounds like this is a 1 size fits all application. I would bet the restriction from the small PICC would do more harm than good.

If you want to try it, be my guest, (who knows maybe you're right and if you are and your X gets 100 mpg let me know, and I'll buy the kit too) but I have a feeling that this is a hoax. If it were really possible to get that kind of mileage, the factories would be doing it too. Look at my sig, if there's a way to get good mileage, I'm all for it, but I don't think that this is it.

sorry about all that ranting

Old 01-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Lead Head
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You can't break down gasoline into smaller particles. You would get hydrogen and carbon. Both of which are useless to your engine, and no small device like this could break down gas into those base elements in real time.

I didn't read the whole site, but going by the previous comment of them saying that they are sending plasma through the injectors is down right fraud. The only way to control plasma is with super powerful magnetic fields, and plasma is so hot, that it would litterally melt your engine block on contact.

Gasoline engines are around 25-35% effecient. Only about 30% of the energy released by burning the gas goes to pushing the pistons, the rest is absorbed by the cooling system or sent out the exhaust as heat and unburned fuel.

Their claims of 9x better mileage would put the effeciency near ~300% which is physically impossible.

DO NOT order anything from this website, do not trust it at all. Even if they say money back gaurenteed, your are basically guarenteed never to see your money again. They are relying on desperate people trying to get better mileage in their cars.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:28 PM
fordcountry
Senior User
Cool. If it's too good to be true then it probably is. I'm not going to give them any money...

Why can't people just be honest. It seems everywhere you turn there is one "hoax" after another...

Old 01-19-2008, 10:24 PM
afreemanmd
Elder User
Originally Posted by fordcountry
Why can't people just be honest. It seems everywhere you turn there is one "hoax" after another...
Answer that question and you will have ended war and world hunger. Unfortunately its just as much human nature as anything else.

I wasn't going to say it, but since its already been mentioned, it's not my place to tell people how to spend their money, but I wouldn't expect to see any refunds if you do buy this product.

I wish it were true but its just not...

So anyone wanna start on the fitch fuel catalyst?
http://www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com/

Last edited by afreemanmd; 01-19-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:52 AM
quietman
Tuned
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by fordcountry
Quietman, I don't believe they are injecting any other fuels in this process. It appears to me that they are breaking down the gasoline into particles so that the engine can process the fuel more efficiently. I don't now much about it but I sort of understand what they are doing. We'll see...
Fordcountry-

My first sentence was meant to cover the first claim on the website,
that is the catalytic/magnet...stuff.

The rest was about the websites hydrogen-injection claims.

I am sorry not to have written more clearly

JR

Old 01-23-2008, 02:00 AM
fordcountry
Senior User
Here is the email I got for this hoax:
RETURN E-MAIL FOR AD BUY PARTICIPANTS
Subject: HERE IS THE QUOTE YOU REQUESTED TO INCREASE YOUR MILEAGE…

Dear Michael

Thank you for your recent request for an obligation free quote on our engine modification process for your car(s.) It is a two-step process and we must quote each step in the process separately, since the first step is already on the market and the second step (the PICC) is not yet market ready, I will give you a quote now on the Hydro-Assist Fuel Cell. This first step (the HAFC kit) is GUARANTEED to increase your gas mileage by 50% or better, but we expect it to possibly more than double it. In fact, our test pilot program of the first 80 installations in our class projects averaged an increased mileage of 95%.

The HAFC Kit price, for your car is $1,040 plus $25 shipping for a total of $1,065 and is absolutely guaranteed to increase your mileage by at least 50% or you will be cheerfully refunded the cost of the kit upon the return of the kit as per our savings guarantee policy. The question is, would you pay a thousand dollars to be guaranteed an increase of 50% or better in miles traveled per gallon of gasoline? There is a high likelihood you will even double your gas mileage, but that is not guaranteed to happen, so let’s just take the first statement. If you drive 15,000 miles per year, and are getting 20 miles per gallon average, then you are using 750 gallons of gasoline a year. If you could be guaranteed to change that to 30 miles per gallon then you would use 500 gallons instead. That is a savings of 250 gallons of gasoline. It is like getting 250 gallons of free gas each year! At $3 per gallon, that is $750 saved in one year. But gas is expected to go to $4 per gallon and that is a savings of $1,000 in one year. If you drive 20,000 miles per year, then it is more like 334 gallons of free gas. Of course the kit has often doubled the original mileage of the vehicle it is installed on, and, in that event, a one year payback is in the bag. Our Fuel Cell kit is expected to last the life of the vehicle and it will greatly increase the life of your engine.

The HAFC (Hydro-Assist Fuel Cell) comes in the form of a kit that the car owners could even install themselves if they are handy. We also have a list of trained and certified mechanics, and we will refer one closest to those who have purchased a kit. It usually takes four hours of a mechanic’s time to install the kit. For details about how the additional economy is achieved through this technology, I will refer you back to the web site you used when you filled out your initial request for a quote.

The interesting thing is that in order to achieve the two-step savings process for ultimate savings, the first step is actually an important part of the combined technologies. Many of our customers have experienced far greater than double increase in mileage and are getting over 100 miles per gallon with just this "first step" (the HAFC kit.) In fact, for many people, this kit purchase will be enough savings to satisfy them, and they will not find it practical to upgrade and combine their HAFC system with the PICC. But, many of our customers, especially those who drive vehicles with the bigger V-8 engines, the combination of the PICC as well as the HAFC Kit, will be necessary to give even them over 100 miles per gallon, which we predict will even happen with larger SUVs.

The upgrade from this kit into the PICC is expected to cost several more thousand dollars, but that PICC upgrade technology is not yet ready. Early testing has indicated that when the HAFC unit is used in conjunction with the Pre-Ignition Catalytic Converter, it makes converting the fuel to a plasma fuel much easier. We recommend leaving the HAFC in place and adding the PICC when it is ready. We cannot give you a quote on the finished PICC at this time, but why not get the HAFC kit and start getting savings now and just upgrade when it becomes available if the additional savings warrants the additional expense? At the time we are ready to upgrade you, we will send you a second quote, for the cost of the PICC upgrade, and it will include a scientific appraisal of how much the upgrade will increase your overall efficiency and the mileage you can expect as well as the additional costs.

So, the cost for your HAFC kit is $1,040 plus $25 shipping and we recommend purchasing it as soon as possible. Our national dealer network has collectively funded a multi-million dollar national ad campaign that is in progress right now and we are getting busy. There are over 100 million vehicles on the road in this country and every one of them need this technology. Soon, it could get harder for our manufacturers to supply the demand. With our savings guarantee, there is nothing to lose… except your gas bills. The sooner you get your kit, the sooner you can install it and start saving. Right now, we can supply kits within no more than a couple of weeks wait. We are a dealer for this project so you buy the HAFC kit directly through our dealership.

Please make all checks or money orders out to: LeeRon Paszek
Address: 44411 127
<SUP>th St. Grenville SD, 57239

Your price will be $1,065. I cannot wait to send you this amazing product and see you begin the savings. Feel free to reply to this email.

If you have any questions, I would like to refer you to the HAFC website, http://www.hafctechnology.com/ especially to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section of the site. If there is anything you need to know that is not covered on the web site you originally visited or on the HAFC site, please do not hesitate to e-mail me @ : cpaszek@hotmail.com

</SUP>

Old 01-23-2008, 09:50 AM
njstevens
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK so this guy Leeron is real. I researched him online. He works for Dept of Education in Greenville, SD. I am just not sure what he does fro them. I cannot collaborate with everyone on if it seems to be to good to be true most likely it is. Someone had made a comment about the mfg would have this product if it was capable and that is so correct . They would have gobbled him up with a deal he could not have refused and patened the technology. Not to be , so the product is not to be.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:52 AM
njstevens
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here ya go maybe someone can call him and gert more info into this. I select afreemanmd as he seems to have some scientific knowledge in this area.

Name: Paszek
Address:
Zip: 57239
Phone: 605-486-4538
City: Grenville

Old 01-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Lead Head
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Please send check or money order? Now that sounds suspicious. Like it has been said, if this thing REALLY DID work, auto manufactureres woulid run to this guy trying to start up a deal, they would sell hundreds of thousands of more cars if they got double mileage over the competion. I'm sorry, but this simply cannot work, the only way to get more effeciency of these engines would be to either A. Change the fuel type,B. Increase compression, or C. Turbo/Supercharge.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 100 MPG Excursion. Is this possible?