Need pics of home-built beds

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 07:12 PM
RC Dan
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need pics of home-built beds

I'm getting more interested in making one. Instead of buying an older bed to replace mine, I could build one. I have a '95 F150 std. cab, short bed. The bed is rusted, flimsy, and way beyond repair. I wanted a steel step-side like the ones in the early '80s or similar older one, like those of the late '60s or '70s. I really like how they look. But, even if I got an old one, I'd have to modify it to fit and look right. So back to the topic, building one.

Anyone here build one before? Anyone have any pics of a custom made bed? Where could I buy some older style fenders cheap?

Old 01-18-2008, 07:25 PM
miker67
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
why not look for a dually bed and hack out the inner fenderwells and just use the outer bedsides and dually fender, sliding them inward so the dually fender is actually right over top of the SRW. you could fab some sort of inner bed side to look classy. Make it line up so it is right at the edge of the main floor panel that is 48 inches wide.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:26 PM
RC Dan
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice one! Dually fenders never crossed my mind. And, if and when I smash one, I should be able to dig up another one somewhere.