Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Toyota Adds 13 More Models To 08 Tundra Lineup

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Krochus
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know, for the longest I thought the least intelligent threads in existence were the 9mm vs .45ACP topics that frequently pop up on the gun forums I visit. But no; the replies on any topic that mentions the Tundra take the cake. Some of these replies actually make more sense BEFORE I take the time to read them.

I have a question for the older FTE members. Was it this way when the Titan first came out?

Old 01-15-2008, 09:00 PM
88FordF-150
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok im going to throw out an odd ball. I think about every half ton truck made is ugly. The ford SDs look great though. I myself prefer 96 and older ford half ton body styles. I think theres nothing wrong with liking the toyota tundra, the nissan titan, dodge, chevy or whatever. They all put out great numbers in HP and TRQ. They all have there ups and downs. We all are here because we PREFER fords. I bet over at the chevy sites they bash us ford quys and say our trucks are junk, and same with tundra and titan sites. We just need to realize why we joined this site, we LIKE fords.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:01 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by Krochus
You know, for the longest I thought the least intelligent threads in existence were the 9mm vs .45ACP topics that frequently pop up on the gun forums I visit. But no; the replies on any topic that mentions the Tundra take the cake. Some of these replies actually make more sense BEFORE I take the time to read them.

I have a question for the older FTE members. Was it this way when the Titan first came out?

Why should we praise Tundra and Titan when some of us love Fords?

Old 01-15-2008, 09:02 PM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 88FordF-150
I think theres nothing wrong with liking the toyota tundra, the nissan titan, dodge, chevy or whatever. They all put out great numbers in HP and TRQ. They all have there ups and downs. We all are here because we PREFER fords.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner...Give the man a kewpie doll...

Tim

Old 01-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Krochus
Elder User
Originally Posted by sglaine
Why should we praise Tundra and Titan when some of us love Fords?
Do you have to act as though no other vehicles other than Ford are useable

Old 01-15-2008, 09:07 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Do you have to act as though no other vehicles other than Ford are useable

Yes I do and that is my final answer...Because Fords are better then any other Truck out there...

I'm sure there are others that agree with me..Some of us belong to FTE because our passion for our Ford Trucks and that is what it is about.

I my self have owned well over 50+ trucks in my life..I do have a clue about Trucks

Old 01-15-2008, 09:10 PM
88FordF-150
Elder User
Originally Posted by thorseshoeing
Ding ding ding, we have a winner...Give the man a kewpie doll...

Tim
Hhhhmmmmm.... I suspect sarcasum. Just kind of gets old hearing the same argument time after time. Seems like if you discuss any other brand then ford your a trader.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:12 PM
builtfordtough13
Laughing Gas
I totally agree sglaine that is the main reason I joined. Once again, this has become yet another Ford vs. Toyota thread and if you buy anything else your a communist, not that I would ever buy anything else.

Last edited by builtfordtough13; 01-15-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:12 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by 88FordF-150
Hhhhmmmmm.... I suspect sarcasum. Just kind of gets old hearing the same argument time after time. Seems like if you discuss any other brand then ford your a trader.

Try Traitor.....LMAO.....Trader is trading Baseball cards

Old 01-15-2008, 09:14 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
[QUOTE=builtfordtough13]
Originally Posted by sglaine
Yes I do and that is my final answer...Because Fords are better then any other Truck out there...

I'm sure there are others that agree with me..Some of us belong to FTE because our passion for our Ford Trucks and that is what it is about.

Hey that is one of the main reason I joined, I totally agree.

Thank you for agreeing with me...

Old 01-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Krochus
Elder User
Some of us belong to FTE because our passion for our Ford Trucks and that is what it is about.
So it's more about emotion for you than actual facts???? Kinda sounds like woman talk, Perhaps you should get in better touch with your feelings.

Meanwhile us logical thinkers will contiune to fine the best vehicles that fit our needs at the time.

If Ford decided to bring back manual drum brakes for the F-150 I swear there would be people on this forum who would try to point out how it would be an improvemnt over the competition. If Toyota came out with a 400hp V8 titan that burned water and got 40mpg doing it those same people would say only Facists and Homosexuals would drive water burners

Old 01-15-2008, 09:36 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
So it's more about emotion for you than actual facts???? Kinda sounds like woman talk, Perhaps you should get in better touch with your feelings.

Meanwhile us logical thinkers will contiune to fine the best vehicles that fit our needs at the time.

If Ford decided to bring back manual drum brakes for the F-150 I swear there would be people on this forum who would try to point out how it would be an improvemnt over the competition. If Toyota came out with a 400hp V8 titan that burned water and got 40mpg doing it those same people would say only Facists and Homosexuals would drive water burners

If they brought back the drums I would buy it in a split second they last longer then disk...LOL

The bottom line is that evey Truck manufacturer has screwed up long the way and Ford gets more of a bad rap for no reason...Look at the Toyota Frames they are junk the rust out but yet no one ever complains

Look at the Chevy Suburban gas guzzler..LOL But when Ford came out with the Excursion everyone again went right through the roof over that truck..
And no one ever complained about the Burban

Bottom line is I have own from the big 3 and Fords have worked out better for me and cheaper to own as well..

Old 01-15-2008, 09:37 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by builtfordtough13
I totally agree sglaine that is the main reason I joined. Once again, this has become yet another Ford vs. Toyota thread and if you buy anything else your a communist, not that I would ever buy anything else.

Thank you....

Old 01-15-2008, 09:41 PM
greythorn3
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
say what you want! i would rather push a ford then drive a toyota, im not communist and will never own one!

Ray

Old 01-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Krochus
Elder User
Bottom line is I have own from the big 3 and Fords have worked out better for me and cheaper to own as well..

Then you of all people shouldn't act like an %$%* when others are discussing features and innovations from other manufacturers. Especally not on the

FORD vs the COMPETITION forum

im not communist and will never own one!

You don't even know what the word Communist means.

Last edited by Krochus; 01-15-2008 at 09:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Toyota Adds 13 More Models To 08 Tundra Lineup