N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Turlock Swap Meet/Thumper

Old 01-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Breech
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 3Mike6
You have have it now, and donate later. I'll bring it to the Swapmeet next Saturday, or you can come pick it up anytime before that here in Oakdale, just let me know.
Thanks Mike, I really appreciate that. Just got my W-2 in the mail so I may just be able to donate a little sooner. I'll see if I can't have a little something in my hand for ya at the swapmeet.

BTW, is there anything specific that you guys need for the project truck? I have a buddy that has a seller's spot out there and he generally does a little shopping the night before the gates open. I can let him know to keep his eyes open if ya need anything specific.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:25 AM
slow64
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be there probably saturday. Hope to drive the slowster if I can get the carb issue sorted out.

If I can't get it fixed, I may be there to find a new carb.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:30 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I just responded to your thread about your carb issues. If you like, I can bring my pressure tester and we can take a look and see how much pressure that FP is actually putting out. Be easy enough to swap over to a Holly 500 too...that's what I did on my '68 as it had a Motorcraft off of a 302 when I got it and it was really starved for fuel. Now I have an Edelbrock Performer 4-bbl on it however...

Old 01-20-2008, 05:47 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
I have a Holley 500 2bbl laying around. Less than a year old and it has an electronic choke...

Old 01-20-2008, 10:40 PM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Mike - Can I bring the MH and stay in your driveway Sat and maybe friday night? I can haul a vehicle over there as well for the fun of it. Plus, that will get us a chance to look at the set up for a spare tire and tow bar storage on the MH.

This will be a lot of fun.... just cleared it with Karen if it's OK with you ???

I can bring a 2.5 Ton come a long for off loading if I decide to tow the Ranger over. Or, of course the JEEP has a 8000lbs winch on it that might do the trick ;-).

Again, it's the least I can do for your help in setting these vehicles up for me.

BTW - I was at Tower Park, Flag City, Lodi and Delta Loop this weekend. Karen, Romeo, Juliet and myself had a great time with the MH and JEEP.

Let me know what the plan is ... I'm subscribing here for the group and PM me it you want to take this private. Or, call you have my number. I'm going to Monterey tomorrow and Tues am. Be back Tues Pm. I might be able to check emails tomorrow but, am not 100% sure. I call you and see if I can get ya ASAP.

Thanks - AJ

Old 01-21-2008, 12:18 AM
Mecinoid
Elder User
IMPORTANT - EVERYONE I'm looking for a good deal on a 390-428 Motor and maybe trans for my truck. It can be a good rebuildable core or a already rebuilt motor with documentation. I'm trying to keep the cost down. If I can find something reasonable/cheap I'd buy it this weekend. However, I am out of work so, if it's not a great deal; I'll hold off until a little later in the year. If that happens I'll the build one that I have in hand. It will take some work.... but, it might be the way to go. SO .... Keep your eyes out for me. THANKS !!!

Originally Posted by fastmover
I have a Holley 500 2bbl laying around. Less than a year old and it has an electronic choke...
Karl - Bring it .... If no one else is in need I am. The rebuild I bought sucked. We can try it on my F100 and see if it improves things until I can build my 390. My auto choke just isn't working at all. It takes forever to warm up. That along with exhaust leaks when cold makes my life with F100 hecka poor.... ;-(.

Back to the swap meet post:

It will give us all something to mess with this weekend if folks want to. If it goes south on us.... No problem I'll just tow it back home with the MH thanks to Mike.

We can also get some stuff done on Thumper....I'll be glad to spend mega hours on Thumper once it's down at Mike's.

BTW, I got replacement tow bar hook ups for the Ranger. Maybe I can get Mike to torch my rear bumper for the lights I want to install for towing. ;-)

Mike - I was thinking ... I think with your help we should copy my tow bar set up. I'll buy the harbor freight tow bar and we can make it available for members in need. You know drill a couple of holes and we can tow almost anything under 6000lbs with the set up. ----- Just a thought ---- Of course something we can do in the next few months. But, folks might want to get a close up on the setup this weekend by looking at my F100 with it installed:

All these things or, none of these things can be done over the weekend if we like.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:32 AM
3Mike6
Postmaster
AJ, not an issue, I'll have room. Actually if the weather is decent, I'm enlisting Dan (and now you) to help with putting on Clint's hitch..tell ya about it when you get here...don't want to let Clint know what I have up my sleeve

Hey Dan,

Looks like you might have a quiet place to bunk!

Old 01-22-2008, 03:41 PM
jvr-sfbay
Freshman User
Hi All -
I live in the Santa Cruz area and I'm looking for a hood, left front fender, and a grille surround for my 1999 F-150 XL. I may also look for a passenger side door shell.

Is this swap meet the place to go for these things? I have been to Pick-n-pull with zero luck, not a truck like mine in the yard anywhere.

Also open to other suggestions for salvage yards with more selection.

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 01-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jeff, there are a few guys thyat will be there with the newer things, but most are 20s thru 70s. I would suggest posting your wants on this site's classified and Craig's List, and EBay. Good luck, Jag

Old 01-22-2008, 04:11 PM
jvr-sfbay
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Jag Red 54
Jeff, there are a few guys thyat will be there with the newer things, but most are 20s thru 70s. I would suggest posting your wants on this site's classified and Craig's List, and EBay. Good luck, Jag
Thanks Jag!

Old 01-22-2008, 06:07 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jvr-sfbay
Hi All -
I'm looking for a hood, left front fender, and a grille surround for my 1999 F-150 XL. I may also look for a passenger side door shell.

Thanks,
Jeff
That damned telephone pole jumped right out in front of ya, huh?

Old 01-22-2008, 06:17 PM
jvr-sfbay
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 3Mike6
That damned telephone pole jumped right out in front of ya, huh?

Actually, I bought the truck this way four years ago. Having recently decided to keep it, I want to fix it up some. The hood has minor buckle, fender is caved a bit, grille surround is cracked. I figure bolt on repairs are easy, some fresh paint, done in an afternoon.

I also need a blue ash tray for said vehicle. Blue interior? I must have the only one. haha

Old 01-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Mike - Great !! I plan on heading over Friday AM. I should arrive 9-10am. You know how that goes.

Dan - Yes, as Mike says .... Please feel free to bunk in my Motorhome. We can watch some DVD's and crank the sub-woofer in there. It won't wake the kiddies at night and will give us a little space for a quiet nap if we get tired working on these projects this weekend.

It will be nice to have Thumper over at Mike's. We might be able to enlist more members to help. As much as I enjoy coming to see you in Clear Lake, the flat land might be a little easier for all to deal with.

See ya guys in a couple of days..... AJ

Old 01-23-2008, 06:08 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
AJ...maybe you misunderstood me...your MH is welcome, but you...goanna have to look into it further

Friday AM...dang, take your time...supposed to rain through out the week..as long as you leave by 10-12am, should be an easy drive on a Friday.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:25 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Weather Update...gonna be cold wet and rainy...I think we got lucky last year with jump a bit of a drizzle and mild temps.

I'd suggest:

Stocking cap
Gloves
Rain slicker and umbrella

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turlock Swap Meet/Thumper