Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 door bronco for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:46 AM
MitchPeters
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My point is it costs $20k+ for the aftermarket to build what Ford should have been building all along. When they finally did build it they catered to the women. (No offense) Most all were fully optioned and no 6 speed option. I was in no way downgrading the Centurion models. I want a C350 myself. (Wife says I'm dreaming again!)

Old 02-05-2008, 05:25 PM
aurgathor
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by masterbeavis
T. About the only thing I cannot find fault with is how the frame was streched. THey took the time to plate the inside of it to keep it from falling apart and killing somebody.
If they stretched the frame then I guess I was very wrong in my previous post about cost. That, and the 2 extra doors then probably explain significant portion of the markup.

I feel they are also useless as a truck as well. I own one, and its a pain. I would rather own a shortbed crewcab, than own this one.
The whole point about having a Bronco is that it has many of the capabilities of a comparable truck, but they offer a single, fully enclosed cargo place. Yes, you can put a shell on a truck, but unless you cut a hole on the cab, you won't have a single big cargo space. Lost are the 5th wheel or gooseneck, plus the ability to carry cargo that would normally extend over the top of the cab.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:21 PM
4drbrnko
Senior User
Originally Posted by aurgathor
If they stretched the frame then I guess I was very wrong in my previous post about cost. That, and the 2 extra doors then probably explain significant portion of the markup.
Frames on the 350's were shortened actually.

150's they never touched the frame and used a supercab chassis.

Wheelbase is a little off on the 150 version:

Centurion did a lot of things right, but they did take some pretty cheezy shortcuts in a lot of areas.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:27 PM
masterbeavis
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4drbrnko
Frames on the 350's were shortened actually.

150's they never touched the frame and used a supercab chassis.

Wheelbase is a little off on the 150 version:

Centurion did a lot of things right, but they did take some pretty cheezy shortcuts in a lot of areas.
I see you own a half ton as well. I invite you to take a look at your frame and find where they grafted it together. I have an older C150, #815, I can clearly see where they grafted the frame. In my opinion, it would cost WAY TOO MUCH in material and labor to buy a Bronco, a Supercab frame, and Crewcab doors, completely strip the Bronco, modify the Supercab frame, transplant the Bronco parts to the frame, then do the body work.... That sounds like alot more work than just cutting the body/frame in half and grafting in the stuff you need to finish the job.

Last edited by masterbeavis; 02-09-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:51 PM
builtfordtough13
Laughing Gas
Here's another one. http://bellingham.craigslist.org/car/568327236.html
Looks like a nice rig.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:52 PM
4drbrnko
Senior User
Originally Posted by masterbeavis
Ok, personally OWNING a C150, I can look you in the eye and tell you that they stretched Bronco frames during the construction of my C150 #815. If my camera worked, I can show you the butt welds and plating they used to do the job. In my opinion, it would cost WAY TOO MUCH in material and labor to buy a Bronco, a Supercab frame, and Crewcab doors, completely strip the Bronco, modify the Supercab frame, transplant the Bronco parts to the frame, then do the body work.... That sounds like alot more work than just cutting the body/frame in half and grafting in the stuff you need to finish the job.
I'm not arguing that your 150 may be a stretched Bronco.
The red 150 I posted is a supercab vehicle with a crewcab and Bronco back end.
The problem you run into stating your's is the only way it was done is that it wasn't. Centurion wasn't even the only company making stretched Broncos.
There is too much of the 4door history that has been lost due to their(Centurion's) poor recordkeeping, being bought out and closing their doors.
Centurion also made a crewcab halfton standard pickup.

They also made a 6 door crewcab pickup.
Centurion had a direct relationship with Ford. Their trucks, including the 4door Broncos, were sold directly off of Ford lots all over the country.
Though most were special orders delivered to Ford.
It's that direct dealing with Ford that would have given Centurion access to half-cabs, tubs, any partial panels they would need to build whatever they wanted.
There are even early Centurions that the complete Bronco tub was fiberglass instead of a Ford steel tub.

Most of the split Broncos came from Magnum and their VIN #'s prove them to be Broncos at the start of their life.
The red 150 I owned, as well as most I have seen either in person or on the board decoded as originaly being supercabs.
Centurion tried many different ways of fabricating these trucks. Many were outfitted with vynal tops to cover the splice, some had a complete fiberglass cab roof.
When it comes to 4 doors, you can never say that one version was the only way it was done.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:26 PM
masterbeavis
Postmaster
If you read closely, you will see that I cleverly twisted the wording... (and misued the plural form of the word frame)

"and tell you that they stretched Bronco frames during the construction of my C150 #815."

After reading your last post, it got me thinking some more about this whole thing. It would be more costly to use an extended cab truck to make the 4 door bronco, but if you can get the truck cheap enough to offset the extra cost of the tail end and extra doors, why not? Do you mind posting up the VIN of that truck?

Last edited by masterbeavis; 02-09-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:08 AM
4drbrnko
Senior User
A VIN. # to the red one?
Sold it 3 or 4 years ago.
All I have left are 3 1 ton versions.

It was on a supercab chassis, dual tanks front and rear with the under frame rear spare tire mount.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:12 AM
masterbeavis
Postmaster
I did not notice the second fuel door. Man, I got gyped!! Stinkin $800 field rescues!! I always wanted the extra fuel capacity of another tank.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:31 PM
X36
Posting Guru
Here one up here in Gods country Beefy one too http://nh.craigslist.org/car/540313852.html

Last edited by X36; 02-10-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:35 AM
recovery79
New User
HI there, that is one sweet truck. Is it still for sale or was it sold. I am interested in it. I live in New Brunswick Canada. YOu can get in touch with me via my email recovery79@hotmail.com.

Thanks
Josh

Old 02-12-2010, 09:37 AM
recovery79
New User
Is it for sale?

Hi there, that is one sweet truck. Is it stil for sale or has it sold? I am interested if you still have it. YOu can reply via my email recovery79@hotmail.com.

Thanks
Josh

Old 02-12-2010, 05:34 PM
78_f800crewcab4x4
Cargo Master
Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Dobleslady

The excursion is some sad SUV poser minivan moms swapped to in hordes. An excursion has never had a removable top.
You cant say that if you havent had one bud, The Excursion IS the most heavy duty fully enclosed vehicle Ford has ever made. The ability to take all your buds to the mountains, then fold the seat down and have a FULL 8' enclosed bed is priceless.
One day I haul a load of drywall to work, the next I would tow an 8,000lb tractor, the next I would be at the airport picking up 6 family members, all of whom appreciate the roominess and climate control. The next day I would go four wheelin' and camping on the weekend! Then I go to the fuel pump and appreciate the efficiency the diesel.I love the performance of the turbo! heated seats wake you up in the morning!

shi* man, pose as what? Its the closest thing to a 4 door bronco I have ever found!

Not to mention the strength of the body structure, frame and axles , and the durability of the 7.3 puts even my '78 Bronco to shame!

a 7.3 turbodiesel solid axle 4x4 is anything but sad. Removable tops arent really safe in a roll over anyway, which is why no one makes a topless truck anymore. although I do like being topless.

And, they did make a base model for the cheap people, its called the XLT, and you could get it with cloth manual seats, and a 5.4 gas, 2wd, and no entertainment package, and no trim.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:39 PM
78_f800crewcab4x4
Cargo Master
Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by 4drbrnko
I'm not arguing that your 150 may be a stretched Bronco.
The red 150 I posted is a supercab vehicle with a crewcab and Bronco back end.
The problem you run into stating your's is the only way it was done is that it wasn't. Centurion wasn't even the only company making stretched Broncos.
There is too much of the 4door history that has been lost due to their(Centurion's) poor recordkeeping, being bought out and closing their doors.
Centurion also made a crewcab halfton standard pickup.

They also made a 6 door crewcab pickup.
Centurion had a direct relationship with Ford. Their trucks, including the 4door Broncos, were sold directly off of Ford lots all over the country.
Though most were special orders delivered to Ford.
It's that direct dealing with Ford that would have given Centurion access to half-cabs, tubs, any partial panels they would need to build whatever they wanted.
There are even early Centurions that the complete Bronco tub was fiberglass instead of a Ford steel tub.

Most of the split Broncos came from Magnum and their VIN #'s prove them to be Broncos at the start of their life.
The red 150 I owned, as well as most I have seen either in person or on the board decoded as originaly being supercabs.
Centurion tried many different ways of fabricating these trucks. Many were outfitted with vynal tops to cover the splice, some had a complete fiberglass cab roof.
When it comes to 4 doors, you can never say that one version was the only way it was done.
Im pretty sure late 50's and early 60's crew cab manufacturers made new one pice steel stretched roofs for their conversions, why did centurions never use this for the 4 door broncos? this would have made them much better, without bondo everywhere.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:18 AM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
The answer would be: lose of craftmanship abilities.

Quick Reply: 4 door bronco for sale