1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

title or bill of sale

Old 01-11-2008, 11:22 AM
rcav8or
If you use it, SUPPORT IT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4tl8ford
Since the upsurge of Yuppies buying custom built "Classic" vehicles it is now harder then ever to registar a vehicle then ever and Ohio has always been a pain in the postieor.
You make the Yuppies sound like a bad thing...that's what makes our trucks worth so much! I'm sure it's affected the cost of parts, to some extent, but when finished, hey, when I sell, the yuppie can give me all the money he wants!! And the auctions show that the sky is the limit - when a car that 15 years ago would have brought $15-20,000 max, brings $80-100,000 today, that's a GOOD thing, unless you are looking to buy. But, I doubt if any of us are looking to buy, we prefer to "DIY". Of course, "starter" vehicles have gone through the roof, but they are still out there. Is the '51 my ultimate choice in vehicles? Heck, no. But could I afford my ultimate choice?? Heck no. I fell into the truck, feels like fate, so I'm going to enjoy it. If, by chance, my ultimate fell into my lap, I'd be looking to sell my truck, and I would want every penny I could get for it. Naturally. Come on, yuppies - bring your wallets...

Just my $.02 worth

R

Old 01-11-2008, 07:53 PM
CIAF
Posting Guru
As I understand it, most states still use a little known or publized set of rules that a small number of us use here . It is the "abandoned vehicle" process that alow the towing companies to recoup the cost associated with tow,storing and disposing of said vehicles when a property owner (parking lot,apart/condo lots,etc) call for the towwing agent under contract for said property to come get a vehicle after a sticker has been put on the door window. After 72 hours, a tow can occur and the process begins and the tow op can get the hoops out. The oil companies are lobbying to stop all this as they get carbon credits for every clunker off the road, so the laws change ever 6 months. I help guys go this route regularly and so far so good. Takes 3-4 weeks.
Jon

Old 01-11-2008, 08:44 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by irondragon79
When I bought my truck initially I had bought it as parts and never got a title or bill of sale. Through a member on here, I was able to pick up a clear title/glovebox tag, and had no problem at all getting the title in my name.
If all else fails, this may be the route I'll have to take on Skeletor. I transferred the title on my "new" truck today, and asked the dmv lady about applying for a records search to find the PO. She had no answer, as it boils down to two things: PO writes a bill of sale, or applies for a duplicate title. But not finding who the PO is. Now, I know the PO, but he's not around, and the frame and cab have two different vins. So I have to figure out which one he had the title for. (He lost the title long time ago) Another point the dmv lady said, was how far back the records go. She said she would be impressed if I got an answer to something that hasn't been titled in more than 15 years. Tonight, I just emailed the MN state DVS office and asked for information regarding my frame vin. I doubt I'll get an answer, but it's worth a shot. If it comes back as someone else, then I know the cab vin is the one my PO had the title for. Then I can have him apply for a duplicate title. Such hoops we must take. I hate it, personally.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:02 PM
RUSTY50F1
Posting Guru
havi; If the PO of your truck isn't around, how are you going to get him to file for a lost title????????

Old 01-11-2008, 09:14 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
He's a union welder traveling all over the state. Only way I can contact him is when he either calls me at home, or shows up at my doorstep. Which is about once or twice a year. When he had the truck, it was stored at his dad's house. His dad is a Chebby guy, so if he seen a title that said Ford, he probably threw it into the barrel stove.

On the other hand, once I find out which vin he used, it'll be a victory to how he amazingly showed up at my doorstep the next day.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:03 PM
RUSTY50F1
Posting Guru
havi; I hear ya. Loud and clear..........

Old 01-11-2008, 10:29 PM
rcav8or
I'll never tell!!

Did take a moment or two, though.......

Doh!

R

Old 01-11-2008, 11:14 PM
restoringmy46
Elder User
Get one of your friends to write you out a bill of sale for the truck. The best thing to do is get a bill of sale when you bought the truck from the PO. My uncle bought a 49 F1 and he just used the bill of sale to get the truck liecened. I quess where it was so old he didn't have to have a title, they tried to pull up the vin and got nothing on it. I'll try to see what all he did and get back to you on this. Try to post some pics of your F1. We all like to look at picture's of each other's truck's.

1951 F1
239 Flathead V8
3 on the tree

Old 01-12-2008, 12:43 AM
rcav8or
Check his gallery - it's in there, under "The Green Manalishi"

R

Old 01-12-2008, 10:33 PM
restoringmy46
Elder User
I couldn't get his gallery to open. It says he hasn't done one yet. I looked through the gallery pics but didn't find it either. Hey I like how you put a link so you could look at your truck. I have about 40 new pics of my 51 and I would like to do something like you did. How do you do it like that. I'll try to find his truck again, BTW how is you Flathead coming along.

Scott
1951 F1
239 Flathead V8

Old 01-12-2008, 10:46 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
I'm slowly working on my photobucket account to get more progress pics put on it. Meanwhile I continue to add a few here. Eventually I'd like to do something like Bob's, and earl's world. Scott, I have 4 galleries. the first is my original project without title, and the last one is my new project with title.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:14 AM
rcav8or
Originally Posted by restoringmy46
I couldn't get his gallery to open. It says he hasn't done one yet. I looked through the gallery pics but didn't find it either. Hey I like how you put a link so you could look at your truck. I have about 40 new pics of my 51 and I would like to do something like you did. How do you do it like that. I'll try to find his truck again, BTW how is you Flathead coming along.

Scott
1951 F1
239 Flathead V8
Scott - here's a link to Havi's gallery:

Havi's gallery

As for my flash, I have a program that does it - if interested, PM me, and I'll try to find a link to it. You can make it any size you'd like.

My flatheads doing great - I bought a rebuilt motor, kept my good block, in case I ever need it. I'm going to paint the fenders black (weathered, if I can!) put it together, and drive it!!! I don't want to die with a half-finished perfect truck in my shop! I want to drive it before I go to the great Ford Factory in the sky...

R

Old 01-15-2008, 12:54 AM
pm5471
Freshman User
I have wondered about Earl's World web sit for some time now without any updates. I sure hope everthing is ok. As for title for your truck, i had a simular problem with a old car i bought and it had no title and had changed hands twice befor me that i know of befor i found it in a salvage yard where it sat for 10 years. Well the state of wisconsin will not exept any of the title companys out there and i tryed to get help from DMV people over 3 years and they would not do a thing for me. I found out from a old car site about a place in Maine where i can get a title without a proublem. I called them they sent me papers and in about a month i had my car reg. in Maine and with tags.Turns out you dont have to be a resedent to register your car there. After the registration time came for renewal i transfered the car to my state without a proublem. And it was the same clerks that wouldent help me at the DMV.

pete

Old 01-15-2008, 04:45 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Basically what the Title companies will do for you.

You 'sell' it to them, they register it, and 'sell' it back to you.

Sam

Old 01-15-2008, 06:17 AM
pm5471
Freshman User
With my transaction i had to have a bill of sale from where i got the car(the salvage yard) and a copy of insurance from my insurance company. Maine has no title just registration so i had to show ownership and they represented me for a fee to register the car in their state. I tried the title companies out there and everyone of them turned me down as soon as i said i lived in Wisconsin.

pete

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: title or bill of sale