S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

having such a hard time locating re-set for fuel pump to see if that could be the pro

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 06:16 PM
ulenahedv
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry having such a hard time locating re-set for fuel pump to see if that could be the pro

Just can't get my F-150 EFI to start I need my truck and I love my truck, Fuel pump seems to be working could it be that it is just not getting enough spark or none at all. It is a 96 and have replaced many parts I am at my wits end but know the problem is some somple thing I am overlooking. I would appreciate any advice . I will be in and out for a while but will answer all suggestions Thank you all in advance you are a great bunch of people and just want you to know that. Thank you my friends you are a God send. I know I will run it down with your help thank you from ny heart...
PS 5.0 psi Mark

Last edited by ulenahedv; 01-08-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:00 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you check the wires/fuses for the fuel pump? Do you hear it running?
I believe inertia switch is behind the kick panel on the passenger side, but if you can hear the pump running, that's not the trouble. Did you try restricting the flow of fuel back to the tank on the other side of the pressure regulator? I see you had no pressure when you checked with the gauge. The system builds pressure by restricting flow back to the tank with the fuel pressure regulator. If it is not working, the fuel just flows right through the injector rails and back to the tank.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:35 AM
ulenahedv
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hard time finding re-set for fuel pump

Steve thank you for your response and no I did not try restricting the flow on the return line but will do it now. I had forgotten you telling me about this before. (been really busy) I will do this now and let you know what the outcome was as I have today off and need to get this baby going. I love riding my motorcycle but it has been bad weather for it, and besides I really love this truck and with this exception been so dependable. Steve what will I be looking for in the way of a response? Will it assuming this is the problem. Start? or? Not sure what your up to right at this moment but if you have a chance let me know what it's response will be...Many thanks amigo. I am off to restrict the return line wish me luck..and again thank you!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:40 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hook the pressure gauge up and see if you get pressure - if yes, its the pressure regulator - (the thingy with the vacuum line going to it - check that line, too)

i just came home to eat - I'll be going back to work in about an hour - or 45min
Good luck!