Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Any Nebraska mudboggers,mudraggers,truck pullers online

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why did they put Springfield on a Thursday? Are they afraid if they have it the 1st it'll be to close to Wahoo?

Old 06-24-2008, 08:17 AM
The Freak
Senior User
The Springfield pull has been on a Thursday night ever since I can remember. At least the last ten years. Scribner's pull is on Fri. night. Springfield and Scribner have been running back to back for awhile now with Wahoo being the Sat. pull. Nothing like having three bad *** pulls in a row. Luckily, The Wood made it through all of them last year unscathed. Who knows what will happen this year!!

Old 06-24-2008, 08:41 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the info on the dates. Ill mark them on my calendar. Hoping to attend Pierce for there fair which is real close to me. The powers pullers will be pulling there. Hope to see a few off you there.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:05 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Won't see my truck there... I might ride along drink someones beer though... For those that don't know I put a nice hole in the side of my oil pan Sunday night. Don't know what went wrong yet (may be a few weeks until we get to that point). If you see a big fat guy with a black Yes Deere shirt on stop and introduce yourself.

I still have to go support the SCH once in a while...

Old 06-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
Freak, u gonna hit all 3 of em and hope to make it to Wahoo?

CB, I heard about the truck, that really sucks, I have no truck either but I'll go drink beer and watch The Wood pull if he makes it up there.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:06 PM
The Freak
Senior User
As you all can tell, RedNeck is quite the math magician. If I was going to make all 3, then wouldn't I be in Wahoo considering Wahoo is one of the three?? J/K.....I know you're a little slow.

I don't know if I will head over to Springfield or not?? I guess it kind of depends on how the truck comes along and where/if I make it anywhere before then. Out of the three, Springfield's short track is definately the hardest on stuff. It's a pretty hard pull the whole time. The crowd kick's *** though. Plus someone needs to take a win away from Purchase over there so that could persuade me to give it a shot. I definately want to make Scribner because it is an NPPA Pull and obviously, Wahoo since that is pretty much all of our guy's 'hometown' pull. I guess time will tell how everything goes, and what we decide.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:16 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Purchase won't be pulling his normal truck there. Kenton's old blue (that Purchase owns) will be in the stock class and I might have gotten a bug in his ear to bring White Lightening out again. Heard that he had it running one night last week so who knows....

I don't think Kenton is pulling his truck in Springfield either since they don't want to have to work on stuff all night/day to be in Scribner the next day.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
[QUOTE=The Freak;6282672]As you all can tell, RedNeck is quite the math magician. If I was going to make all 3, then wouldn't I be in Wahoo considering Wahoo is one of the three?? J/K.....I know you're a little slow.
QUOTE]

Lol, I meant hope to make Wahoo if the pickup holds together from the other 2 since it's the last of the 3.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:24 AM
SilverHighboy
Junior User
I agree with the Freak it's tough when you have three pulls in a row if you break you could be S.O.L. if you don't already have the parts on hand. I hate to say it but depending on how the points are I would almost consider missing the Scribner pull to make sure I could pull in Wahoo. Last year was a hard track on the diesels in Scribner and I didn't much care for what I seen at the test and tune with all the bouncing and breakage.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
Lol, bring a packer with ya, that may take care of a lot of it. (At Scribner)

Old 06-25-2008, 12:58 PM
The Freak
Senior User
Scribner is usually a pretty nice track. They work on it all week before the pull, and they usually have a few tractors working on it during the pull. Scraper, not sure about a packer, and then they usually have the scraper that has the little water sprayer on the back. But Jeff is right, it is a power track and is hard on parts. I really wish Wahoo wasn't the day after that pull, but I guess that is how it falls. I agree that it is rather unnerving thinking about stuff breaking and not being able to make it to Wahoo, but I kind of look at it like if it is going to happen then it is going to happen. Heck, we could break 50 ft. off the line in Wahoo and not prove a thing so we might as well run them while we can, hope for the best, and if something happens, I guess I'll have to drink twice as much beer in Wahoo to drown my sorrows of you guys pulling without me.....CB might be there to keep me company. Heck, we would have to get a keg for something like that!!

Old 06-26-2008, 04:15 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Kegger... I am all ears... Let's not think like that. RustBucket and Silver will be fine and still running hard.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
So.......keg or not keg? Lol. If it breaks, hopefully it's drivetrain, I have about a complete mimic of your truck in pieces, we'll make sure it gets back together if something should happen.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:23 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does anybody know anything about the Tecumseh, Ne truck pull. Somebody mentioned it on a another website so just curious.I dont believe the power pullers have it on there schedule so must be just a local thing. Thanks for the info. Is this a day or night pull. Time would be helpful.Thanks again.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:31 PM
The Freak
Senior User
The Tecumseh pull is tomorrow 07.12.08. I'm thinking it normally starts around 4 or 5. Both tractors and trucks. This is usually a really good pull. Won't be able to make it though....too much other stuff going on. Johnson is having a pull next Sat. 07.19. I think this is normally an evening pull, but I could be wrong.

Also, I don't think it is on the website yet, but the NPPA got the Byron pull rescheduled for 08.23. It will start at 11:00 am.

Quick Reply: Any Nebraska mudboggers,mudraggers,truck pullers online